Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Beat me to it. :laugh:

Looks great tho, I'd love to replicate it. Maybe once instructions come online.

So creative. Very well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm just glad they didn't put the New 52 superman in that set.

Nah, these SDCC $40 sets never have exclusives.

That's a wonderful little set, especially since it's nothing essential to my collection! I wonder how that fallen tire is kept on...

Ah that superman set looks pretty cool. Definitely not worth the price but if I had a chance to buy it I totally would lol

That's a wonderful little set, especially since it's nothing essential to my collection! I wonder how that fallen tire is kept on...

I know. Doesn't seem like Lego's style to keep it on loosely.

That's neat. Now I'm thinking about making sets for Batman and Wonder Woman's first debuts....

On another note, I've been holding off on buying the Grodd set because of the tanned Batman that has been showing up. Has anyone gotten a copy of that set (or the Batboat/Jokerland too, I guess) which is any lighter?

That's neat. Now I'm thinking about making sets for Batman and Wonder Woman's first debuts....

On another note, I've been holding off on buying the Grodd set because of the tanned Batman that has been showing up. Has anyone gotten a copy of that set (or the Batboat/Jokerland too, I guess) which is any lighter?

Nope. It's odd because the Scuba Batman head, while a bit pale, looks so much better. LEGO really overdid the flesh-colored printing for the New 52 Bats.

Oh man, I can't wait for instructions for that to wind up online! I'd kinda like to see Lego do more like this! A Detective Comics #27 set, the JLA cover where they're playing chess with Despero, Detective Comics #38, the Death of Superman, the first JLA with Starro, The "Flash of Two Worlds", and heck, if they're feeling risky, that Green Lantern/Green Arrow cover where Speedy's doing heroin! Small, cheap-to-make sets that would appeal mostly to collectors like that would be really nice, even if they only did them as exclusives like this.

I'm just glad they didn't put the New 52 superman in that set.

It's based on this picture:

Do you mean the post convergence one? The Minfigure seems to be the current Superman one, which is wearing a costume that is indeed very close the New 52 one (namely pre-convergence) :classic:

Sorry if I looked too geeky lol. It was not my intention to correct what you said etc :classic:

I didn't give a close look at the set's pics so I may be wrong :classic:

No, the New 52 suit is almost identical to the Pre-52 suit, but the red "underwear" is replaced by a red belt.

This is the N52 suit in LEGO Batman 3.

Thank you for the info :classic:

Is there that suit in physical form?

Even in January sets I saw the version depicted in the exclusive set pic.

I haven't built the two Superman sets yet but they do look to have that Minifigure and according to what I read that other version appears only in the video game.

That's why I considered that Minifigure the current close to "New 52" one: because it's the one they put in all Superman sets.

I have become accustomed to "inaccurate" Superman Minifigures, since none of them has boot printing so I get what Lego gives us lol :classic:

Anyway thanks for the link :classic:

Do you mean the post convergence one? The Minfigure seems to be the current Superman one, which is wearing a costume that is indeed very close the New 52 one (namely pre-convergence) :classic:

Sorry if I looked too geeky lol. It was not my intention to correct what you said etc :classic:

I didn't give a close look at the set's pics so I may be wrong :classic:

Sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant we haven't got the new 52 superman yet and it would have been terrible if they included that variation of him on this set. We've only gotten that classic suit variation and it seems like it's going to stay like that.

Sorry i didn't make myself clear. I meant we haven't got the new 52 superman yet and it would have been terrible if they included that variation of him on this set. We've only gotten that classic suit variation and it seems like it's going to stay like that.

No problem :classic:

I know what you mean. Beside I have no chance to get those exclusive sets, so I'm always glad when they don't feature new Minifigures :classic:

The set itself is interesting but I heard there is a quite "strict procedure" to get it. Even by attending the convention there is no guarantee to get the set. Someone very lucky will get a very rare set, it seems :classic:

The S-shield on the New 52 Superman is also new, along with those famous New 52 costume lines. I'd say it's about as different to the current Superman minifig as the BtB Batman is to the newest Batman minifig.

I guess you can substitute that part with 2 normal green roof pieces.

Thats a good idea. :thumbup: I hope that Lego City will soon have that piece in green though.

Also, I am loving the black borders for these SDCC sets. Looks like Lego took a page out of the book of the Lego community. (I'm looking at you Captain Nemo) :laugh:

The S-shield on the New 52 Superman is also new, along with those famous New 52 costume lines. I'd say it's about as different to the current Superman minifig as the BtB Batman is to the newest Batman minifig.

No problem :classic:

I know what you mean. Beside I have no chance to get those exclusive sets, so I'm always glad when they don't feature new Minifigures :classic:

The set itself is interesting but I heard there is a quite "strict procedure" to get it. Even by attending the convention there is no guarantee to get the set. Someone very lucky will get a very rare set, it seems :classic:

Lego has shown how their New 52 Superman would look both on variant covers and other promotional media and in Lego Batman 3.

http://s.ecrater.com...1a72_25128b.jpg

As for Convergence, its just a Superboy torso but instead of black its blue. Also, I wouldn't go crazy expecting Convergence suits. First, its basically like a Secret Wars event. Expect some long lasting effects but not permanent, especially not the costume changes. Lego will probably just continue having their classic DC suits and after that we should expect DCCMU movie suits.

Edited by Legocity2713

Also, I wouldn't go crazy expecting Convergence suits. First, its basically like a Secret Wars event. Expect some long lasting effects but not permanent, especially not the costume changes. Lego will probably just continue having their classic DC suits and after that we should expect DCCMU movie suits.

Kind of. Convergence ended already and was used as an excuse for a soft reboot. These costumes are part of that. Most of them probably won't last though, since a lot of them (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern) are designed to reflect the new status quo. Once those story arcs are over, their Divergence costumes will disappear. Others are pretty much just for the sake of change and have no story importance, like Wonder Woman's, so those could stick around (I really don't think a lot of them have anything more than a gimmicky appeal though), but that doesn't mean we will get minifigures for them.

I think that you are right that LEGO is more likely to include classic or even New 52 suits rather than the Divergence ones.