Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I really wouldn't like a CMF for superheroes. It'd cost a lot of money for me, as my fingers are not as depth compared to some other folks. So I'd probably need to buy a box which cost a lot. As well I really need a code for a specific character, as some one like Blue Beetle is more interesting than say, Calendar Man. That's just how I see it.

Main characters would lower set sales, since there would be no incentive to get that exclusive Hawkman minifigure.

I should have been more clear. I meant main characters would be fine, so long as they were variants...

Indeed... TLG is hardly gonna drift far from a basic Superman or New 52 Superman in their sets... but Eradicator? Electro-Supes (in blue and/or red)? New 52 Action Comics t-shirt Supes? Good choices for CMFs. More obscure characters wouldn't be bad, either; DC has had so many animated series over the last couple decades that there are tons of characters who've had their chance to shine for at least an episode here & there.

Obscure characters would be fine with me. I doubt kids would have a problem with them either. There's a ton of more obscure characters in the LB3 game (Saint Walker, Booster Gold). As long as TLG didn't go really obscure with their figs, I think they'd be bought up pretty quickly. Though they would have to put some mainstream variants in there to get some appeal though, much like how Simpsons Series 2 is likely to still have Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa in different outfits.

Obscure characters are good, but they'd be the entire CMF, as more popular characters are for the build sets. Granted, I'm just spit balling but still. If a CMF went on for a while, then we'd get characters like Calendar Man.

Again, tho, there's potential for main characters in CMFs as well, just alternate versions (1st Appearances, certain variant outfits, etc). Despite how TLG loves shoving Batman into so many sets, they're never gonna put, say, Elseworlds Pirate Batman in a set; CMF, however, may be a possible home for such a figure. Action Comics t-shirt New 52 Supes would be another choice I'd love to see (while fleshie arms might be limiting, even with short-sleeve print, the S-logo torso could see a lot of use in various characters simply as a Superman shirt!)

We could get Young Justice or Teen Titans and maybe even Rainbow Batman with the new DLC!

Edited by MODOCTORDOOM

is there really nothing better to talk about than a possible DC CMF line? we are supposed to discuss rumors here not ideas. i would love to have a superhero CMF line, i just dont think this is the place to discuss it.

is there really nothing better to talk about than a possible DC CMF line? we are supposed to discuss rumors here not ideas. i would love to have a superhero CMF line, i just dont think this is the place to discuss it.

The title does say rumours AND discussion, not discussion about rumours. Its up to a moderator to say whether it belongs here or not, so please don't mini-mod.

Edited by The Brigante

The title does say rumours AND discussion, not discussion about rumours. Its up to a moderator to say whether it belongs here or not, so please don't mini-mod.

Isn't this mini-modding? Couldn't help myself! :grin:

The title does say rumours AND discussion, not discussion about rumours.

Okay...but it's implied. A superheroes CMF isn't happening anytime soon so really he's right that it doesn't belong here. Unless we have an actual rumor that it is, it's just wishful thinking. I don't even think they can legally do it anyway.

Everyone can stop mini-modding. If something is said in this thread and you really think it's off-topic, report it. I've been giving a lot of leeway lately. If you think there's been too much slack and want to discuss it, drop me a PM.

That being said, rehashing the idea of a collectible minifigure line… Sort of stretching it a bit thin, especially since we have actual news of what the sets will be.

There's a separate topic already speculating what other licensed themes could get collectible lines. How about that discussion can happen there?

That looks amazing but I think he's going to have a black head like the Scuba Batman.

PS Sorry for going off topic before I saw the CMF talk and wanted to share my thoughts.