rancorbait

Neo-Classic Space Cruiser

Those blue inverted slopes look great, and really give the top layer a nice variety of textures with the outward facing slopes. I also really like the round elements near the 3/4 mark; breaks up the angular profile well. You might consider trying to incorporate a little more trans-yellow. Even just some detailing would reinforce the Classic Space theme, IMO.

Wow. This is the first Neo-Classic Capital Ship I've seen so far, and it's definitely worthy of the genre.

If you're looking to include more trans-yellow, maybe filling in those square headlight brick holes would be a good start. But this is already a thrilling build as it is. Good work! :moar:

Awesome! Lots of detail, great spaceship!

Thanks for all your feedback! I think I'll add a little more of the suggested details, trans-yellow parts, fins etc :o)

It's a lovely ship with some nice greebling, especially for the size - I didn't realize how small it was until I looked closely. I would argue, though, that except for the color, even with the trans-yellow trim, it doesn't quite capture the essence of CS ships, at least not nearly as much as the smaller delta-wing ship in your Flickr.

I agree with others that it is very close to classic or neo-classic. I like it as-is or even if it used different colors, opening it up to the broader microship MOCs.

Whatever you choose to do, please put it up on Ideas.

I love the design of it with all those little details! But it is lacking one thing in my opinion, bumblebee stripes. I believe that is one of the last things you need to change before it's complete NCS. The trans yellow helped too. But still, is a great spaceship!

~Beltar