just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

Maybe soon we will get Michelangelo

*oh2* !

THIS!

This needs to happen!

Eeyup! LEGO Dimensions just effectively added four more sets to the 2015 TLM lineup - or five, actually, counting the base game package, which does after all have Wyldstyle (and for that matter, both the other characters in it were also in the movie, even if they're not quite exactly the same).

The LEGO Movie theme is like immortal. When you think it has finally finished, it comes back :laugh:

I'm still waiting to get that traffic cop / crossing guard from the movie and trailers. He could also double in a city set similar to what they did with the coffee chain kiosk from the 2015 City Square. Maybe Lego DImesnions could answer our calls for figures. (Or maybe another battle pack type set a la the Double Decker Couch) :excited:

So, is anyone counting the Coffee Chain kiosk from City set 60097 as a lego Movie structure?

No.

Following that thinking, every set with the Octan logo would be LEGO Movie related

It's an obvious reference, though. Octan existed before and was appropriated by The LEGO Movie. The Coffee Chain did not exist beforehand, and as such, it is a reference and a place for Larry to work.

It's an obvious reference, though. Octan existed before and was appropriated by The LEGO Movie. The Coffee Chain did not exist beforehand, and as such, it is a reference and a place for Larry to work.

Yeah, without the movie there would be no Coffee Chain in the set. Octan is a different story considering Lego just used it in the movie and it existed beforehand, (pre President Business era that we are sort of in now.)

But its only really a small reference they could have made the shop look like it did in the movie or at least make it bigger. I think lego just added this and the space man so that more of us afol would buy it.

Buy I say make a set I like don't just add a figure or a sign , its a no from me.

Not sure if this is on topic or not, but on Canada Lego Shop, the Super Cycle Chase (70808) set from last year is "Retiring Soon", same with the Melting Room (70801). Lord Business' Evil Layer is "Call to check product availability". Not sure if its in/on the rest of the Lego Shops or not.

Given that the sequel won't be out until 2017, I doubt there will be any more TLM set news this year.

Edited by gedren_y

Given that the sequel won't be out until 2017, I doubt there will be any more TLM set news this year.

The Lego Movie theme is clearly done. No new sets in two release windows.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about a new wave. I'm hoping to see the batwing

There are very detailed, step by step instructions available out on the web if you want to build your own. I did. And it turned really nice and it is completely "swooshable" after a few design changes of my own.

15464640172_7907c41584_c.jpgIMG_2176 by Shawn Minkey, on Flickr

The Lego Movie theme is clearly done. No new sets in two release windows.

... unless one counts LEGO Dimensions, of course. And it really is a noteworthy addition to the The LEGO Movie theme, since it's adding at least a couple new printed elements for theme-specific items - a 1x3 brick with a new Unikitty face print, and a 1x2 tile printed with the display from Wyldstyle's tracking device (which ironically appeared to be a sticker in the movie).

Is there something up with the Lego Movie sets from the last wave? I mean i understand that the ones from the first wave are now hard to find for some of them, but I've been looking for the double decker couch for weeks now and it's out everywhere, and even the online lego shop (at least the french one) have it out of stock for what seems to be forever (no future availability/wait date on the page).

In the end I had to go out of my way and pay it more than what it's originally worth, and of course it's my own fault for not getting it immediately, but it's a 2015 set still, how come it's already out of the line (or at least it seems so)?

I think it's super popular, took me a few stores until I ended up ordering it from Target (my friend got me one too, oops!) and I still never see it in stores.

Is there something up with the Lego Movie sets from the last wave? I mean i understand that the ones from the first wave are now hard to find for some of them, but I've been looking for the double decker couch for weeks now and it's out everywhere, and even the online lego shop (at least the french one) have it out of stock for what seems to be forever (no future availability/wait date on the page).

In the end I had to go out of my way and pay it more than what it's originally worth, and of course it's my own fault for not getting it immediately, but it's a 2015 set still, how come it's already out of the line (or at least it seems so)?

Seriously? You payed more for a 2015 set just to get it now? Dude, it is not running out anytime soon... just because it is out of stock does not mean it is not coming up again... I think back about the panic everyone had because of the Lego Ideas Exo Suit when it was sold out ;) And now nearly a year later in our Lego stores they had it 50% discounted for summer sale and a huge load of it... Lego sets are not out for only a few months or half a year... they are produced for a longer timeframe, anything else would be waste of resources and money.

AndI think everyone should already be aware of that fact ;) If stuff is sold out, just order it in the Lego Shop online and keep calm and wait a bit ;)

Edited by Brickmasta

Just rewatched the movie again as I was building the Construct-o-Mech. Funnily enough, there is still room for more sets if they really wanted to make more. The submarine, the Batwing, Bad Cop's baby carriage, the Batmobile, and Larry's coffee plane are all valid set ideas.

Edited by Tolkien

So on the USA Lego Shop at Home site, under "Themes", The LEGO Movie is listed as having 41 items, 1 new.

I am intrigued and go to find the new thing. On the product listing there are only 40 items, none are labeled "new".

Has this happened before? Is it a website coding error or is there a surprise set coming soon? :classic:

So on the USA Lego Shop at Home site, under "Themes", The LEGO Movie is listed as having 41 items, 1 new.

I am intrigued and go to find the new thing. On the product listing there are only 40 items, none are labeled "new".

Has this happened before? Is it a website coding error or is there a surprise set coming soon? :classic:

New?