Yup I think I have the closest i think to Plans for an A4. But they have not been tried and tested so if you are going to invest in building this (expect cost around $300nz to make) they maybe issues with running.

I have just had to hevely overhall both my A3 and Class37 plans to make them run on my layout. Some people might no have the issues like I do though.

I cant take credit for most of these as they are clones of other peoples designs but i did put my own time in to replicate these in LDD. Last time I showed some of these images I took a bit of heat, for stealing/copying.

But as the creators of the orignals did not have plans for them it was the only way i could replicate there good work. 1518338_10153669265990385_766116248_o.jpg

964027_10153674012985385_1658686239_o.jpg

1519370_10153674013135385_2068369825_o.jpg

Edited by Lazarus

I know of someone (though I cant remember who it was now) who built one using the images from my Flickr album.

I've wanted to have a go at this, my Dad used to take me to see Sir. Nigel Gresley when it was near our house, years ago now :-(

Carl is it okay for Lazarus to upload his LDD file? Quite new to the MOC scene so am trying to understand the way people do things..

Bricktrix I replicated this from your images.

Yes I know, it wasnt you I was talking about. Someone brick built a very good rendition and posted the images on Flickr or Brickshelf, but I cant find the emails from them to link the images to or even name the user !

Just says the folder is not yet public.

it is now, it often takes a while :)

b.t.w. it is a great train! also a great LDD version!!

Hmmm, thanks! But if I can remember correctly Bricktrix' model used BBB XL drivers, does that matter for the LDD file?

Oh yeah, it's working now, cheers!

Not looked too hard at it yet, but I love the effort that's gone into the tender!

Actually, XL wheels are bigger than the LEGO ones... regular Large Big Ben Bricks wheels are the the closest to the official LEGO Wheels.

Edited by Murdoch17

Actually, XL wheels are bigger than the LEGO ones... regular Large Big Ben Bricks wheels are the the closest to the official LEGO Wheels.

As I remember, LEGO actually modeled their drivers after Ben's L drivers... or at least drew inspiration from them.

In terms of size, a 48 tooth gear is a good substitute for the flanged XLs and a backward flanged L works for the unflanged XLs.