Bob De Quatre

AG - Rules and FAQ

I don't see any "known aliens" in the player index.

You can make your own aliens, eather random ones on diferent planets or folowing the same ones on one planet or maybe they are explorers themselvs and visit many planets just as we do. It's your choice and have fun.

Game masters corect me if this was wrong but AG would be even more interesting with some aliens

Edited by EpsilonEta

FYI, I'm sure the illustrious MANTIS knows this, but the builds seem to be scored in order, so I'm pretty sure whoever gets to 30 DP first will dominate A06 and get the Biomass bonus (which Kawashita desperately needs). And Kawashita will have to then get at least 60 DP on A06 to take it back. Good luck.

Is this true? Or are scores from a whole week combined to determine domination?

Yes you can become just an alien builder... without choosing a corporation.

Eventually you can always join any corp you wish

Do aliens need to have one of the specified jobs in order to post an introduction? Do they need a job at all? Can I be a plumber or a toilet salesman or something? Or just be an unemployed couch potato?

Do aliens need to have one of the specified jobs in order to post an introduction? Do they need a job at all? Can I be a plumber or a toilet salesman or something? Or just be an unemployed couch potato?

Since you would not be part of a corporation, I am not sure you even need an official introduction (just explain it in your build?) Although an intro probably wouldn't hurt.

If one would build an Alien build on a planet dominated by another corporation which caused them to lose their domination on that planet, would they have to re-dominate that planet in order to proceed to the next sector, or once they had that planet they could continue on even without a chain back to the home planet?

Also, will there be any opportunities for team-builds, and, if so, what are the rules regarding them?

If one would build an Alien build on a planet dominated by another corporation which caused them to lose their domination on that planet, would they have to re-dominate that planet in order to proceed to the next sector, or once they had that planet they could continue on even without a chain back to the home planet?

Also, will there be any opportunities for team-builds, and, if so, what are the rules regarding them?

Answer to first question is no: Once dominated, a planet is dominated until it is taken over by another Corp. (not sure if that applies to being taken all the way down to 0 DP, but I'm sure that's not relevant at the moment.)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Answer to first question is no: Once dominated, a planet is dominated until it is taken over by another Corp. (not sure if that applies to being taken all the way down to 0 DP, but I'm sure that's not relevant at the moment.)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

It could be relevant if you get enough people to build. What would happen if it got down to 0 DP in this case?

Can I confirm the ruling on placing aliens in a build on a planet that says 'Alien Activity: None' on the planet info? It would seem to imply no activity outside of fauna, but this response

http://www.eurobrick...00#entry2218606 seems to say that aliens are everywhere, but that the 'alien activity' moniker simply means higher life forms. It's ok to place alien life anywhere?

Edited by aeralure

Can I confirm the ruling on placing aliens in a build on a planet that says 'Alien Activity: None' on the planet info? It would seem to imply no activity outside of fauna, but this response

http://www.eurobrick...00#entry2218606 seems to say that aliens are everywhere, but that the 'alien activity' moniker simply means higher life forms. It's ok to place alien life anywhere?

An alien build can be placed on any planet. It does not have to be sentient alien life. I believe the "Alien activity" refers to Sentient alien life. Any planet could have sentient alien life, however, if said life uses space travel.

All planets have flora and fauna.

Does that help?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Does that help?

Sure does. That's what Bob was seeming to be saying too. Sorry to re-confirm - I just wished to be absolutely sure I wasn't getting that wrong because I read the rule differently. Thanks! :blush:

Sure does. That's what Bob was seeming to be saying too. Sorry to re-confirm - I just wished to be absolutely sure I wasn't getting that wrong because I read the rule differently. Thanks! :blush:

Hey, I only know for sure because I asked in the first week! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Is this true? Or are scores from a whole week combined to determine domination?

It is true. Because I can't do anyway else for now... But I understand that it could be problematic due to the way we are playing the game right now.

Aliens can just come and post a build without even registering or introducing... Anyway, I added you to the players index :wink:

Right now a corporation keep control on a planet even if its domination goes down to 0. That's something that may need to be changed, so we'll discuss it.

What do you have in mind for "team-builds"?

Ok, so just to confirm I've understood this correctly:

At the start of the week Faction A and Faction B have no domination points on a planet they both have access to. If Faction A posts 10 builds scoring 3 points each on Tuesday and Faction B posts 10 builds scoring 4 points each on Friday, what happens? When the scores are revealed the planet will show that Faction A has 30 points and Faction B has 40 points and then:

1) Faction A dominates the planet because it got to 30 points before Faction B?

Or:

2) Neither faction dominates because on the basis of final scores, neither is 30 points ahead?

And a related question. The rules state that an alien build can only occur on a planet where at least one corporation has at least one domination point. If Faction A builds on a new planet (i.e. where no one had any domination points previously) on Monday, can alien builds on that planet be posted immediately, or would they have to wait until the scores were out and the domination points have been awarded at the end of the week?

Right now it will be the forst solution, but I think we should switch to the second solution.

The rules says that every planet is open for Alien builds, but if your build has one of the corporation in it, then it must take place on a planet where that corporation has some domination. If a corp's build is posted on a planet, then an alien build involving that corp can be posted immediatly on the same planet.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Bob! :classic:

I agree that the second solution would be better so people don't feel any extra pressure to rush their builds.

Personally I think I like that it is the first option. It seems like more and more people are switching to a "post late" strategy. But the first solution makes posting early worthwhile too. Otherwise everyone should post at the last possible second to not reveal anything.

Agree.

An interesting option would probably be to make subtotals on a daily basis (instead of current situation, when "every second counts"). But that would probably make programming more complicated for Bob. Or wouldn't it? :blush:

Personally I think I like that it is the first option. It seems like more and more people are switching to a "post late" strategy. But the first solution makes posting early worthwhile too. Otherwise everyone should post at the last possible second to not reveal anything.

I think I prefer this way too. It does offer a reason to post early, in addition to offering alternate reasons for holding a build late. The second option just makes everyone post at the last possible second, which I think is not a great trend. It would be tempered by having a reason why posting early and posting late are both good - just for different reasons. More meaning and strategy behind doing one or the other. It does indeed open the "every second counts" box, but that isn't maybe so bad.

How it would look is Faction A does indeed control the planet with 30 domination points at the end of that week, even though it also reads that Faction B has 40. How that might play out would be the following week control would switch over to Faction B unless they continued to fight it out.

Just a thought.

Hey Folks,I will be away from my computer and bricks until Friday sometime. I formally transfer CEO power to my #1, Danny. If any approval or decisions need to be made between now and Friday, he is the guy to make them.

Is this legally binding? Can I actually make decisions in his stead considering he A. Already gave private approval of the decision I'd be making, and B. In the Octan private thread gave me permission to do so?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

To everyone, until now we have been quite tolerant on tags on build, but as the game progress and players starts to get equipments and corporation learn technologies, it is important that every player use correct tags, as they are used to award jobs and techs bonuses.

A note on spying builds: make sure that your build comply with the description of spying builds, especially if you use a Spying outfit!

• Q: What is considered a spying act?
    A: A build can be considered a spying act if it depicts your sigfig gathering intels, hacking computers or sabotaging any other corporation equipement.

If that's addressed to me, I think it's pretty clear that Koro is gathering intel. He's plucking a memory chip from a Kawashita Probe on a planet they're not supposed to have a probe on. I was pretty sure my story/description with the build justified the use of the spying outfit, but maybe we need to talk about what should count as spying. Those three examples seem like examples, not binding categories... but maybe I'm wrong? In any case, my Water Worm build is certainly "gathering intel". I don't think every spying build should be just a sigfig eavesdropping on someone. Creative application of terms like "spying" which is really a less fancy way of saying "espionage" will make sure we don't see the same builds, basically, over and over.

Anyway, if you want to talk more about this specific case, send me a PM. I don't really want to have my builds questioned in the future if I can avoid it... though I did forget the Spying tag this time!

If that's addressed to me, I think it's pretty clear that Koro is gathering intel. He's plucking a memory chip from a Kawashita Probe on a planet they're not supposed to have a probe on. I was pretty sure my story/description with the build justified the use of the spying outfit, but maybe we need to talk about what should count as spying. Those three examples seem like examples, not binding categories... but maybe I'm wrong? In any case, my Water Worm build is certainly "gathering intel". I don't think every spying build should be just a sigfig eavesdropping on someone. Creative application of terms like "spying" which is really a less fancy way of saying "espionage" will make sure we don't see the same builds, basically, over and over.

Anyway, if you want to talk more about this specific case, send me a PM. I don't really want to have my builds questioned in the future if I can avoid it... though I did forget the Spying tag this time!

No, your build is okay, even if the story could have been more explicit on the spying part. In case of "problem", I would have posted in the build thread, because PMs are considered too secret :wink:

I just thought it was a good time to remind everyone about those rules. The tags are important, and some equipments have restrictions.

Hey Bob: did you see my question earlier about being able to speak for the CEO while he's out? It's not really relevant right at the moment, but it would be nice to know. Thanks! :grin:

I have a question about tech benefits and tags: could a scene which takes place aboard a space ship (like any of the establishing vignettes in my or Pombe's builds) count for the "Spaceship" tag? Even if that's not the focal point of a build? Likewise, if a build features a land vehicle of some kind, like a hovercar, but the hovercar is inert, not in use, or crashed, or something, that would count as a land vehicle still, right? Even if it's more of a background detail?

Also, would a land vehicle, like a container lifting mech suit, that is seen in the docking bay of a large ship count as both a space ship, and a land vehicle?

Note: I do not intend to recreate the climactic battle from "Aliens."

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Hey Bob: did you see my question earlier about being able to speak for the CEO while he's out? It's not really relevant right at the moment, but it would be nice to know. Thanks! :grin:

No problem.

I have a question about tech benefits and tags: could a scene which takes place aboard a space ship (like any of the establishing vignettes in my or Pombe's builds) count for the "Spaceship" tag? Even if that's not the focal point of a build? Likewise, if a build features a land vehicle of some kind, like a hovercar, but the hovercar is inert, not in use, or crashed, or something, that would count as a land vehicle still, right? Even if it's more of a background detail?

Also, would a land vehicle, like a container lifting mech suit, that is seen in the docking bay of a large ship count as both a space ship, and a land vehicle?

Note: I do not intend to recreate the climactic battle from "Aliens."

~Insectoid Aristocrat

If you are building a spaceship hangar, then you are building a hangar, so no spaceship tag.

If you actually built a car, even in background, it would count. If you just put 4 wheels attached to a seat and a driving wheel just to get a "land vehicle" bonus, then it's a problem with you and your conscience... but personnaly I won't accept it :wink:

What do you have in mind for "team-builds"?

Similar to the team-builds from the SPC, but each builder could get scored for the presentation as a whole.