Sign in to follow this  
Iron Moose

IRON MOOSE

Irony Moose, perhaps - I do not often post in all caps, I just like making an arrogant first impression. This post will be divided into three broad swaths of indroductoriness: Iron Moose qua Iron Moose, Iron Moose qua Lego, and Iron Moose qua Poster.

Iron Moose Qua Iron Moose:

Why IRON MOOSE anyway?

Powerful nonsense.

So! Who IS the IRON MOOSE?

Iron Moose is a student of Theatre, Communications and Sociology. He enjoys the third person, academic debate, comic books with humour, performance art, and giant robots in general.

Where would I find such a magnificent specimen as the IRON MOOSE?

Roaming Canada, anywhere between BC and QC. Often (currently) Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal, with spats of Kingston and Napanee, but soon to Saskatoon.

When was such a thing created? How long has it been RIGHT UNDER our noses?

Give or take twenty-odd years.

Iron Moose Qua Lego:

How is the IRON MOOSE as a Lego fan?

Hurried.

I haven't really MOC'd in years. I bought pretty much nothing between, say, Hydronauts and Exo-Force, and am now into Exo-Force, Mars Mission, and Aquaraiders, with occasional dabblings in Creator, Batman, Harry Potter, Star Wars and City. I also like to display sets in intended configurations; I've only recently bought more than one of a set for combining and reMOCing purposes.

I like the idea of small scale, even though I haven't built in it outside of the Mini-SW sets.

Also, I love 'environment' or 'story' sets. By this I mean most of Batman, and sets like the Graveyard Duel and the Sentai and Dragon Fortresses.

Iron Moose qua Poster:

What will the IRON MOOSE be like as a poster?

Prone to fits of posting and spells of silence! Potentially prolific in the Theatre, Space and Town forums. Abusively alliterative!

(I unintentionally hang out in an IRC channel with someone who works in the Connecticut branch/on the website, so I may occasionally have insight into upcoming or current product. Also, coming into Lego from another toy-based Fandom - Transformers - I may have unexpected insights into the manufacturing or commercial processes. I once read a post on colour theory on *some* Lego board that made me shriek at the horrible inaccuracies and assumptions. )

I'm joining in case I have the urge to review something, really.

Well, I suppose an IRON MOOSE around here would be fun :-P Welcome to Eurobricks, I'm sure he'll enjoy his stay here. I have to say this is one of the most unique introductions we've had so far.

As for the information, anything he hears would always be appreciated, and I'm sure he'll fit in well. We actually have a decent-sized Transformers fanbase here as well

Edit: Changed tense...good call, Asuka ;-)

Edited by Starwars4J

I think he introduced himself very well and I guess I

Welcome to the forum Iron Moose. Loving the intro and the name. Let's hope your posts that follow have the same funny and cool trend.

Is the rest of you as iron as your name? X-D

Anyway, welcome pal. ;-)

Ishunting season on already X-D :-P

Welcome to our friendly board Iron Moose ;-) Its great to see a really new way of introduction around these parts ;-)

I'm sure you'll enjoy the EB experience !!

*yoda*

Is the rest of you as iron as your name? X-D

Anyway, welcome pal. ;-)

Not in the least! I pride myself on my flexibility and willingness to compromise.

Unless you're flirting, in which case, I'm seeing someone.

Is hunting season on already X-D :-P

Welcome to our friendly board Iron Moose ;-) Its great to see a really new way of introduction around these parts ;-)

I'm sure you'll enjoy the EB experience !!

Salut, xwingyoda! Un parisien - mon pere adore cette ville; il l'appel la plus belle ville du monde, the City of Lights, mais la derniere fois que j'ai prit ma vacance la, c'etait durant mon LEGO Dark Age...

:-D

My french sucks, but I'm trying for an anglo.

Not in the least! I pride myself on my flexibility and willingness to compromise.

Unless you're flirting, in which case, I'm seeing someone.

Jesus, can't you take a joke? ;-)

My french sucks, but I'm trying for an anglo.

Nonsense :-D Your french is great !! And I do agree on what your father thinks :-P

Cheers and see you around !!

*yoda*

Hello, and welcome! Nice third-person introduction. 'Twas informative and to the point.

Your name sounds like another one of those crappy Exo-Force sets.. X-D

Ha, yes! When can we expect a IRON MOOSE MOC from you? (Even though it sounds like you don't MOC much...)

Hey and welcome!

God Bless,

Nathan