Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Sorry, but the image itself says that those "robots" are actually engines.

Personally, I'd hazard a guess that that's a mistake on the publisher's part. It wouldn't be the first time that a callout in one of those guide books indicates the wrong part of an image or misidentifies what it's pointing to.

Sorry, but the image itself says that those "robots" are actually engines.

What if it's wrong? You can see the arms, the antenna "head," and the disc shaped "foot" of the robot.

Check out the robots in this set and this set and then tell me those "engines" don't look like robots.

Are we talking about where the red and yellow trans cheese is? If so, I think the pointer to "engines" is pointing to the general region where those 2 freaking huge engines on the back of the ship are. There could very well be brick-built detachable robots lying down in front of them there, a la on those classic or futuron ships & vehicles.

But why do the robots only have one arm each, then?

If I'm seeing things right, there's 2 robots lying on their backs, head to the front of the ship, foot to the back. I don't have bricks handy or LDD so I will try to explain what they look like to me.

Looks a lot like this one, but the body is 2 bricks high or 2-and-a-bit rather than 3-and-a-bit. It either uses 2 grey bricks with studs or just the modified video camera looking part. The dish is dark grey. The arms are grey. The lever base is blue. The robot on the left has a trans yellow cheese slope on its chest, the one on the right has trans red. The belly has a blue cheese slope facing the opposite way to the trans slope.

sp081.jpg?1

11599705254_fa55713074_c.jpg

Anyone else seeing it?

Easy link to super big version of the picture.

Thanks, that's even clearer! No bricks with studs, that's the camera-ish part..

That picture illustrates my point even better. There's no way the bar sticking out of the engine's/robot's torso's right side is thick enough to be that arm part.

i think it's thick enough easily. Only the shadows make it look thinner and the cheese slopes's corner covers a little part from the arm pieces.

That would be really cool, I loved those little robots from the old space sets. :cry_happy:

Easy link to super big version of the picture.

From that picture, it looks like the sloped bricks have the classic space logo printed on them, no stickers!!! Although the 'LL929' and white striped parts look stickered... can't tell if the wings are stickers or not.

Very excited about this set.

To be honest, I partly want the logo to be stickers, for the option of using them on any brick at all, and not having to make decals for that. Either that, or to give us a really accurate source to make decals from, rather than the redrawn versions out there.

I just saw that the spaceship is reported at the London Toy Fair as 79 pounds.

So we can guess 100€ or 100$

^ was just going to say that, hope it is. Does this also mean that there will be no space theme in 2014 just the space sets we know about?

Huw on Brickset.com says it will cost £70, interestingly.

^ was just going to say that, hope it is. Does this also mean that there will be no space theme in 2014 just the space sets we know about?

I was going by Barry from brickfanatic. Someone must be right.

So we can guess 100€ or 100$

Or 90 if brickset are correct. Makes it 120-150AUD. Whimper.

Or 90 if brickset are correct. Makes it 120-150AUD. Whimper.

Man i feel your pain in SA that $100 wil translate toe 1100ZAR then you can usualy multiply that with 1.5 to get a good idea of what it will cost in SA. So 1650ZAR Double Whimper :cry_sad: . But I must have this set... twice :grin:

Edited by Alien

To be honest, I partly want the logo to be stickers, for the option of using them on any brick at all, and not having to make decals for that. Either that, or to give us a really accurate source to make decals from, rather than the redrawn versions out there.

I hope it's a mix. Generally, I prefer printed pieces, but how cool would it be if they included a sheet with a bunch of logos, L's and numbers? :)

About the only thing I'm disappointed in is the addition of that construction guy/robot. I realize it's a movie set, but another Spaceman would have been so much better... :(

Sigh. Seeing that box next to it just made me realize it won't be in a cool, CS-style box, though I guess I had no real reason to think that was going to be the case.

Ah, first world problems. I still can't wait for this one. :)

Edited by DPrime

Awesome . . .

Yes another Space man would have been great and a Blacktron figure

I wonder what the bad guy looks like (Robot ?)

Edited by jtr