Sign in to follow this  
Wat Tambor

[SoNE freebuild] Nar Shaddaa Chase

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

After our mission on Endor passed successfully and without major incidents, my officer decided to recommend me for my old unit. The request was granted.

My first operation for my old and also new unit was on Nar Shaddaa, my former home place where my old career as a smuggler began.

This time I did not operate on my own as usual, this time I operated with a Togruta bounty hunter, a companion of good old smuggler days.

She understands her craft like barely anyone else and she knows the narrow streets and dark high-rise canyons like the back of her hand.

The objective is a high-ranking Bith mercantilist from Clak'dor VII which, according to trustworthy sources, hast conspired against the Empire and is now hiding on Nar Shaddaa.

To all appearances he expects an attack on his life, that's why he has secured the services of a mercenary. It would be too risky to kill him on the streets in front of an audience.

Now we have to remain patient and unseen, we have to chase him on the countless platforms of the high-rise buildings and wait until he leaves the main streets to turn in one of the many side streets of the Moloch.

14379080787_73623363f0_b.jpg

I would like to have this freebuild judged.

Wow! I love your greebling and I am sooooo jealous of your Bith. We still don't have the Mos Eisley here yet. Fantastic job on your pictures and story too!

good,We still don't have the Mos Eisley here yet. Fantastic job on your pictures and story too!thanks13.gif

Edited by etimessnar

Love it. Does your Bith Mercantilist have any, er, musical talents by any chance?

Nice MOC! Haven't come across those sparkly pink bricks before-are they from Belville?

Thanks legozebra!

Exactly, these sarkly pink bricks are from the Belville theme, I think they are great to build some kind of neon banner.

Wow! I love your greebling and I am sooooo jealous of your Bith. We still don't have the Mos Eisley here yet. Fantastic job on your pictures and story too!

Thanks MKJoshA!

And to make you even more jealous, I've got 6 Bith minifigs to complete the Modal Nodes/cantina band. (no one likes a bragger :hmpf_bad: )

good,We still don't have the Mos Eisley here yet. Fantastic job on your pictures and story too!thanks13.gif

Thanks a lot etimessnar!

I really recommend buying the Mos Eisley cantina, especially the minifigs are worth it.

Love it. Does your Bith Mercantilist have any, er, musical talents by any chance?

Thanks Retro!

I hope not so, because it would be wasted talent. :laugh:

Awesome MOC and it's nice to see you incorporated your own special minifig into the build, great job! By the way, I like the guy in the armor too, he looks awesome.

Thats fantastic! I have been trying to do something like this, an futuristic underworld, well done.

Stunning Build!

So a great idea and the work on the MOC is great too!

Nice details and a good story.

Markus

Very detailed and colorful! Great job!

Thanks, I was inspired by this picture: http://www.jedipedia...Nar_shaddaa.jpg

That's the reason why I wanted to use those sparkly pink Belville bricks in the MOC.

I Love it! Great idea. I really like the containers behind the Rodian in orange.

Thanks a lot!

I tried some different techniques and this one looked the best but these containers are not very stable.

Very clean vignette, well done

Thanks Brickmamba! :classic:

Awesome MOC and it's nice to see you incorporated your own special minifig into the build, great job! By the way, I like the guy in the armor too, he looks awesome.

Thanks Behemoth! :wink:

Thats fantastic! I have been trying to do something like this, an futuristic underworld, well done.

It would be nice to see something SoNE related like you have described it from you. :thumbup:

Stunning Build!

So a great idea and the work on the MOC is great too!

Nice details and a good story.

Markus

Thanks a lot Markus! :classic:

It's always a pleasure to get a comment from such an experienced builder like you!

Edited by Wat Tambor

I think this is a great MOC! There's plenty of cool details and I think the minifig combinations are also nice. I like all the different textures on the walls and all the trans bricks used for lights / windows. My favourite part are the trans lights used in the wall vertically. That really makes a great effect. I might use that detail in my MOC. I have planned something similar but on Coruscant. Also the barrels are great and the way to hang a window glass on the wall too! It's a shame you don't provide some more photos from different angles to see even more stuff ...

I do have some sugestions though. The greebling in the top left corner is a bit too colorful with using both light and dark gray with trans pieces. I think the light gray could be skipped there. Also the grilled plates scream out too much. It's always nice to have a colorful MOC, but chrome gold and trans neon green really seem a bit out of place there especially for being the only pieces in that color. Maybe the ground floor is a bit too clean and could use a bump or some textured brick to bring in some irregularities. Also my personal preference is not to use the CW heads with ordinary figs, but that's really picky ;)

Great MOC and I'm glad you've returned to SoNE!