Sign in to follow this  
mpoh98

Fall of Jericho

Add mine to the list of compliments, this is truly spectacular! Way to make the story come to life!

Very nice build, beautiful sense of motion! If there's one complaint - the MOC feels very segmented. There is the dark tan ground, and then the gray rocks, and then the light gray wall. It's nice looking and perhaps even more realistic than the alternative, but it doesn't help draw the eye, which is unfortunate considering the movement in the MOC. Some color drawn through the whole thing would have been cool - maybe moss on the ground/wall/between rock, or maybe even hints of the dark tan mixed in with the wall - just suggestions! It's nit-picky, but it's something worth considering. The MOC is already beautiful and absolutely achieves it's goal - but now you've got something to chew on for the future!

Awesome effect mpoh98!! So reallistic looking! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wonderful work Mpoh, such an awesome and creative idea! This is a particularly eye-catching piece and that is some masterful parts usage. I love the composition and, of course, the photography is very well done. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of these techniques by other builders very soon!

Also, congrats on the frontpage, very well-deserved!

Congratulations on getting frontpaged!

Wow, awesome! Thanks Godtshep! :D

Add mine to the list of compliments, this is truly spectacular! Way to make the story come to life!

Thank you jluchaupt! :)

Needs more horns.

?

Very nice build, beautiful sense of motion! If there's one complaint - the MOC feels very segmented. There is the dark tan ground, and then the gray rocks, and then the light gray wall. It's nice looking and perhaps even more realistic than the alternative, but it doesn't help draw the eye, which is unfortunate considering the movement in the MOC. Some color drawn through the whole thing would have been cool - maybe moss on the ground/wall/between rock, or maybe even hints of the dark tan mixed in with the wall - just suggestions! It's nit-picky, but it's something worth considering. The MOC is already beautiful and absolutely achieves it's goal - but now you've got something to chew on for the future!

Thanks Zepher, great critique, now that you point that out, I see that. I will definitely try and improve that in my future builds.

Awesome effect mpoh98!! So reallistic looking! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Gunman! :D

Wonderful work Mpoh, such an awesome and creative idea! This is a particularly eye-catching piece and that is some masterful parts usage. I love the composition and, of course, the photography is very well done. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of these techniques by other builders very soon!

Also, congrats on the frontpage, very well-deserved!

Thank you MassEditor, glad you like it! :)

Wow, great to see a build out of the Bible! The minifigs in the collapsing wall look great!

Thanks TheUtilityBelt32! :D Yes, I do enjoy seeing biblical mocs as well.

Magnificent! This technique will be used a lot more, I guess.

Thanks Indyman! I guess so, maybe!

Great techniques used, looks very dynamic. In terms of accuracy, the wall looks more Medieval era than Iron Age style fortifications. I always love seeing mythology come to life so its still a good representation.

Brilliant, you've got to love that 'blasted' wall technique, looks fantasic :D

Thank you Ranger_Elegost! :)

really cool might use the techniques in the future

Thanks Dewey! If you do, you will have lots of fun experimenting with the angles. :)

Great techniques used, looks very dynamic. In terms of accuracy, the wall looks more Medieval era than Iron Age style fortifications. I always love seeing mythology come to life so its still a good representation.

Thanks Mahtion! Yes, if I went more accurate I would have used a different color than Light Bluish Gray, but as this was one of the colors that I still had left, I used it. :)

Saw it on flickr and must say it looks so stunning!

At first i dont see that is an lego creation :classic: !

So clean an really good pics!

Perfect MOC.

markus