Sign in to follow this  
spartanec2011

MOC: The Revolt Of Spartacus

The Revolt Of Spartacus

The events shown in the work belong to the "Third war with the slaves" is the greatest in the ancient times and the third time (after the first and second Sicilian uprisings) the revolt of slaves.

About this event it is written quite a few books, shot a dozen films and several TV series.

The last uprising of slaves in the Roman Republic dated usually 74 (73)-71, BC[3] the Revolt of Spartacus was the only revolt of slaves, representing a direct threat to Central Italy. Finally suppressed mainly due to the military efforts of the commander Mark Litsyniya Crassus. In subsequent years it continued to have an indirect impact on the policy of Rome.

The war ended in 71 BC, when the army of Spartacus, retreating after a long and bloody battles before the legions of Crassus, Pompey and substituted Lucullus, was completely destroyed, rendering this fierce resistance.

But we will remember these brave men who fought for their freedom with weapons in their hands.

In my work shows the moment when a group of rebels attacked a Roman citizen from one of the many temples in the small village or town.

gallery_7799_1880_100763.jpg

gallery_7799_1880_121569.jpg

gallery_7799_1880_81941.jpg

gallery_7799_1880_171875.jpg

One of the slaves, porters attacks Roman war:

gallery_7799_1880_189146.jpg

The other slave-porter am delighted with the rebels, and that's one of the Roman soldiers are not happy...

gallery_7799_1880_92786.jpg

Brave face the rebels:

gallery_7799_1880_49600.jpg

The second part of the rebels attacked the guard at the gate at the head officer:

gallery_7799_1880_151631.jpg

gallery_7799_1880_145485.jpg

gallery_7799_1880_150186.jpg

gallery_7799_1880_69552.jpg

The temple separately looks good, too -))

gallery_7799_1880_32081.jpg

gallery_7799_1880_227278.jpg

Thank you, with You was the Spartan -))

Awesome MOC. I really love all the detail in this. So much to look at. The details on the front facade are amazing. I also like the temple by itself.

Nice temple, really cool tile effect :) the little arch of plates is nice, but doesn't lego make and arch that is pretty much exactly those dimensions ;) I know, sometimes it's just not exactly right :) anyways lots of nice details on the front too.

Wow. this is a delicious diorama!

It's one of the best Roman builds I've ever seen. But what most strikes me is the sheer beauty of it. That temple is gorgeous. I like what you did with the roof (although those studs are a bit bothering me), and the overall shape is just right, and those adronments are really perfect. The friezes are nice, although something more elaborate with more variation would be better. Still, it's great to see you brought everything to life with those relief bricks and other goodness. The columns aren't bad, but those 'floating' parts are a bit akward. But all of this is nothing compared to the beautiful decorations in the walls and on the door. Maybe a bit too elaborate for a Roman temple, but still really beautiful. It's nice that you also paid attention to the floor. That makes me wonder if there's something to see on the ceiling...

I could go on for quite a while with what I like here. The realistic terrain with the nice rocks and the sweet texture of the ground. The rather exotic garden with the fancy decorations and glorious tilework (those dice tiles work surprisingly well!) and with that very respectable 'walking bed'. The gate itself is okay (it's a bit too much texture here for me, since a gate like this has to look simple. Pallisade bricks would've been better than those round bricks, and those studs could easliy be covered with tiles), but still has a very nice layout. The ground in front of the gate is once again fantastic, but that behind the gate seems a bit... weird.

But what a glorious overall picture! It's so nice that you dared to sneak in that much color in a Roman diorama (somehow, I would find that very difficult...)., and the variety in the scenery is great. There aren't any real smooth transitions between the sections, but somehow it works. And finally, my compliments how well the action contrasts with the peaceful scene and places the entire Roman history in it's proper perspective. Well done, I would say!

That's awesome! Love the temple and minifig posing!

Stunning build! What a wonderful scene you crafted here. The temple roof in particular is incredibly striking, though I think some tiles on those studs would give it just a little cleaner look. Besides that I'm pretty much at a loss of words for this MOC!

The courtyard, the beautifully-crafted door and so many other little details really combine to make this one of the most dynamic and intricate history MOCs I've laid my eyes on! Well done, I can't wait to see more from you! :classic:

This is superb, the temple is excellent as is the landscaping. Nice to see some building in this period- I'm in the middle of reading Anthony Everitt's Cicero at the moment :classic:

I like the temple a lot... find myself staring at the details. The white statues are funny!

Really lovely temple.... :) The rest of the moc is very beautiful too with nice action going on..

Thank you all for the feedback, I am glad that my work You liked.

In the future I will continue creating homemade Roman theme.