Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

Allied forces (all against Napoleon)

Yay! It's my birthday *sweet* (again :p)

My ebay lot has arrived. My 3 English soldiers and officer are now reinforced by 8 soldiers.

Heads, backpacks, shakos... have yet to be ordered.

My english on 07/05/2007

07-05-2007englishtop.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tanotroo...7englishtop.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tanotroo...nglishfront.jpg

Comments are extremely welcome!

Gaetano

Shako's in bulk are so hard to come by and when you do there a lot of money. :( Looks promising force of English troops, And Happy Birthday.

Yay! It's my birthday *sweet* (again :p)

Heads, backpacks, shakos... have yet to be ordered.

Would I be correct in assuming these heads will be flesh coloured too?

Birthday Greetings by the way!

Would I be correct in assuming these heads will be flesh coloured too?

Birthday Greetings by the way!

Thanks, and yep ,all fleshies. BUt those shakos will be a problem...

Gaetano

Wow, more birthday presents!

Shako's are expensive indeed.

Last year you could find them below $2 on BL.

But this year the prices seem to go up.

Some ask really crazy money for them.

I still have a small supply of 10 pieces for future needs.

The most I can find on B.link is 3 from the same store and there about $5 >:-( each. Soldiers have also gone up from under $5 to $5.75 and $6. Jeez expensive hobby, yet its very fun.

Im going to need about 80 shako's since I have 80 Prussian bodies waiting for there supplies, which probably won't happen so I will use Bicorne's. And after that I will start a Russian force of men as well.

Edit: Since bonaparte deleted his post looks like I made a double post.

As stated already, it's real expensive to get shakos seperately, but it'll probably be cheaper to convert your current troops to tri or bicorn troops and buy imperials with shakos already with them.

It seems to be a lot cheaper, cause it's pretty easy to get tri and bicorns for under $0.30 on BL while shakos are really expensive.

It's nice to have a mix of troops. There a lot of Napolean fans out there.

P

If you're in need of cheaper headgear for Napoleonic soldiers, there's always the car-tyre busby:

highlanders4.jpg

(I haven't met a LEGO fan yet who doesn't have a few spare tyres...)

Edit: Since bonaparte deleted his post looks like I made a double post.

Yeah, I deleted my post because writing how expensive and rare the shako's and imperial soldiers are becoming was depressing me a bit. Sorry to make it look like you double posted ;-)

Yeah, I deleted my post because writing how expensive and rare the shako's and imperial soldiers are becoming was depressing me a bit. Sorry to make it look like you double posted ;-)

I second that.... i wish i could have bought more when they were cheap :(

ug.... i also just checked out ebay... imperials up to around 5 dollars a man, this is up from about 3.60 average last year at this time. sad thing is most of the people bidding on these are probably right here LOL.... (I am not right now! lol, but my name is obvious to spot since its the same here as on ebay!)

if they are not going to release a new pirate line, lego really needs to reissue a set with imperials in it... so the price goes back down :)

Can't we all sign a petition or something, or send mails to say they need to release an imperial legend, like Eldorado fortress?

Or a new line of pirates in wich the shako is included?

We'll have to wait and see...

Gaetano

Can't we all sign a petition or something, or send mails to say they need to release an imperial legend, like Eldorado fortress?

Or a new line of pirates in wich the shako is included?

We'll have to wait and see...

Gaetano

Gaetano,

You can make that suggestion in the embassy part of the forum in We want Pirates! thread.

The embassy's where Lego ambassadors go to see what EBers want from Lego (or something like that ;-) ).

P

I don't think a petition would do us any good.

LEGO has this policy not to accept ideas of persons outside the LEGO group. To prevent people seuing TLG because they "stole" their idea. Although, since you're talking about a re-release, maybe this is different...

I hope so! X-D

Anyway, that's not a bad start for an army!

Mr Tiber

sad thing is most of the people bidding on these are probably right here LOL....

I personally never buy anything off Ebay so I'm strickly Bricklink, Ebay doesn't float my boat. ;-)

You shouldn't be deleting your posts for this very reason (I'm sure I covered that in certain guideline) - it interferes with the congruency of the discussion and creates confusion. But if you really must withdraw a statement then find something else which is relevant to fill the gap.

You shouldn't be deleting your posts for this very reason (I'm sure I covered that in certain guideline) - it interferes with the congruency of the discussion and creates confusion. But if you really must withdraw a statement then find something else which is relevant to fill the gap.

Yes, you are 100% right. Won't happen again!

But if you're feeling depressed I call upon the ship's councillor right away! Wait a minute... We don't have one... We haven't reached a point in time where such a position exists on board a ship. Looks like you'll just have to hang in there X-D

Hey,

I have made a new design for the English shakos, made of a 1*1 tooth plate, a 1*1 plate and a 1*1 inverted slope.

12-05-2007shako2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tanotroo...-2007shako2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tanotroo...-2007shako3.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tanotroo...-2007shako1.jpg

Comments are as always extremely welcome!

Gaetano

TT

Wow, that's a really good Idea maybe I'll try and see if I have some of those pieces.

I don't like the look of them on the minifigs. They are good, don't get me wrong, but they look like the kind of thing you'd use for a vig, i.e., a soldier barracks, the soldiers themselves have real shakos, and then these are hanging on a peg.

I like them. They make good Belgic shakos, while the regular Lego ones are good for Stovepipe shakos.

I like them. They make good Belgic shakos, while the regular Lego ones are good for Stovepipe shakos.

indeed. These are for general infantry, while the official shakos are better for the english rifles or light infantry.

I also made a design for a higlander, I'll try to post this evening.

Gaetano