Legogal

Updates on closing of Legoland Windsor this week?

I just noticed (on brickset) that the Park will be closed for a few days due to protests threats due to a function that was to be held this Sunday at the Park. Does anyone have details that can tell us what has happened?

It's unfortunate that LEGO fans in the UK might miss out on an enjoyable visit to LEGOLAND because of a handful of bigoted twerps, but it's hardly the first time such people have ruined other people's fun, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

So I am looking for the details of the closure...time closed to the reopening time and for the hotel, too, so that folks hoping to visit this weekend can plan something else. This is not a political forum, so if a discussion gets too political, the mods will remove it.

I hope to visit in May, and am keen to see Miniland. Does anyone know if the Park suffered from recent floods to the west of London?

And does anyone know if all parts of the Park are open these days? (In Florida, much of the Park is under renovation, so beware if you are thinking about taking toddlers soon for a visit. The Duplo part is closed.) Thanks!

So I am looking for the details of the closure...time closed to the reopening time and for the hotel, too, so that folks hoping to visit this weekend can plan something else.

You, like many others, are confused.

The park is not really "closing" as the park is closed this time of year. They were going to open up for a special private event organized by a private group who where selling the tickets. This has no effect on regular public opening hours or days during tourist season.

Edited by tedbeard

There was to be a Muslim group meeting there on Sunday, and some far right group decided to be obnoxious and posted threats and threatened to protest. So the whole resort is to be closed all weekend including the Hotel.

Such immature behavior.

These people make me embarrassed to be republican.

American Republican? If so, cut yourself some slack. While there are indeed Republicans here in the states who might make similarly violent and racist threats (due in part to this country's two-party system consolidating right-of-center average joes with far-right extremists), the party as a whole is fairly diverse and mellow compared to the English Defense League, the apparent source of these threats. The EDL is a hate group through and through. A shame they'd extend that hate to an institution as wholesome as Legoland.

You, like many others, are confused.

The park is not really "closing" as the park is closed this time of year. They were going to open up for a special private event organized by a private group who where selling the tickets. This has no effect on regular public opening hours or days during tourist season.

Thanks! That is good news to hear!

I hope to visit in May, and am keen to see Miniland. Does anyone know if the Park suffered from recent floods to the west of London?

While the town of Windsor is low lying and was affected, Legoland is on a big hill (with some great views).

Cheers

Rog

American Republican? If so, cut yourself some slack. While there are indeed Republicans here in the states who might make similarly violent and racist threats (due in part to this country's two-party system consolidating right-of-center average joes with far-right extremists), the party as a whole is fairly diverse and mellow compared to the English Defense League, the apparent source of these threats. The EDL is a hate group through and through. A shame they'd extend that hate to an institution as wholesome as Legoland.

Good to know. The British right wingers sound generally rather unpleasant. Aren't they against all immigration, legal or not?

Yah, a Republican in the UK is someone who wants rid of the Royal Family.... (Something more than a little opposite to a lot of these far right groups).

Legogal, the park has been fine, I am due to visit in April with Mum, the little bros and a family friend's family so I can let you know of anything interesting going on in May!

Glad to hear the Park was not flooded because the damage sounded quite devastating for west of London. (We were at EB 2013 in Germany last June when the floods in Germany and to the East were so horrible and barely missed getting caught up in the mess.)

Pepp. please let us know what you think of Windsor after your next visit. Looking forward to visiting that Park soon.