What's your opinion?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Vote!

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Super!

Don't you just love freebies? Especially when it's a super-cool exclusive minifigure! Martian Manhunter is available at Lego Stores and Shop@Home when you spend £50/$75 in March. So without further udo, let's get on with the review!

Name: Martian Manhunter

Set Number: 5002126

Piece Count: 4

Minifigures: 1

Links: Brickset

Disclaimer: Martian Manhunter will be known as MM throughout this review as his name is quite a mouthful :laugh:

Packaging

The packaging is the standard polybag, could be spruced up a bit, but I don't know how you could. Here's the front, with MM trying to pull off a Superman pose as he flies past Earth. Superman had better watch out, MM's got some moves!

12878619983_2487d080f3_z.jpg

The back of the packaging is yawn, just like most polys. I do like the 1:1 picture though, as it adds some colour to the otherwise boring back.

12878643843_7f1e96c20a_z.jpg

Anyway, enough of the packaging let's get to the...

Contents!

If you were expecting a bag full to the brim with parts, you'd be mistaken. :look:

12878624723_5e9d040008_z.jpg

As you can see, there is no printing on the neck, which means this is from, *gasps* somewhere else :cry_sad: (mind you, it says 'components made in China' on the packaging, so it wasn't that much of a shock, but still, :def_shrug:)

Build

Don't worry, I won't do a step-by-step build of the minifig with you, I'm sure you all know how to build one (but if you do not, I'd recommend you see a doctor immediately :oh:)

The Finished Set!

Here he is, in all his glory! As you can see, MM is a very detailed minifig. He even has printing on his legs (however that has become standard nowadays) and his face looks rather menacing. :thumbup:

12878535195_a29169377e_z.jpg

I also love the cape, it is a lovely blue- as you can see, I'm not very good with the names of Lego Colours, I need Aanchir! - but if you look underneath that cape, you'll find some delicious back printing!

12878545125_cb95bee961_z.jpg

Looks great! :thumbup:

Ratings (out of 5)

Packaging: 3, standard polybag, could be spruced up a bit, but I don't know how you could. :shrug_oh_well:

Contents: 4, only minifig parts, however all of a good quality. Would've killed for an Oreo piece though :snicker:

Build: 4, it takes 10 secnds at the most.

Finished Set: 5, brilliant minifigure, one of my favourites!

Overall: 16/20

Conclusion: I am very happy with this minifigure. Whilst some are questioning why we got a Martian Manhunter minfig before a non-exclusive Green Lantern minifig, I am just glad we got one full stop, and relatively easy to get. So go and spend your money on a substanial set at S@H, and I'm sure you will love this extra freebie on top of your order. Heck, get one on Ebay (for a REASONABLE price) if you're not keen on getting a set, as this minifig is not one you'll want to miss.

Thanks for reading my first review here! I hope it's helpful to you. Comments are welcome as always!

Bonus

The JLA minifigures greet the new arrival, whilst Sir Brickalot thinks to himself: I need that Flash minifigure.

12878961794_291fe69fa3_z.jpg

Edited by Sir Brickalot

What? Geeze... I want this... but I don't know what to do. Moving countries. Leaving Lego collection behind in parents house (at least until I'm more settled). Booo.

Martian Manhunter looks awesome. Hopefully my nearest LEGO store doesn't run out before next weekend. I'll most likely get the steam roller or a couple of Marvel sets. Either way my JL needs to add Manhunter to its ranks.

I really love the cape. I don't think we've seen it in that color since the first Hogwarts set, correct? Ah the memories :wub:

Woah! This guy turned out a lot better than I expected him to be. While I'm not a big DC fan, the printing on Martian Manhunter is beautiful. I'll either have to get him off of eBay or spend fifty bucks this month; most likely the latter. Thanks for the review!

Great review! I'm really disappointed that this made from the cheap plastic :(.

Mine should be here in a few days. I had to order online since the local LEGO store was sold out of everything I wanted (new SH sets).

I ordered mine yesterday. Eagerly counting down days.

It really is a shame we still don't have a mass market Green Lantern minifigure. I wish they'd included him in one of the new Batman sets instead of Robin or Nightwing.

Nice review!

Even though I want him, I am torn with this Martian Manhunter figure; he seems a bit of a double-edged sword to me. I love that we get another Justice Leaguer, especially MM, but I don't like that he's in a poly rather than a full on Watchtower set--which frankly is the only set MM would likely show up in. It's good that he gets leg printing; but on the down side he stands out as one of the few superhero figs with leg printing.

Again, I will say that I hate the New 52 style (if nothing because of how much DC is shoving it down our throats to begin with). I guess I just wish the theme would be based off of the animated Justice League show; as Batman 1 was heavily based on the Batman Animated Series.

---

I must ask though Sir Brickalot, would you perhaps be able to take a picture of MM with blue hips and green legs? I'm interested in seeing how the 52 torso would look with a more JL Animated styled legs (granted lacking boot printing--get on that Lego!)

Yeah, when I first saw the photos of MM, I was puzzled as to why he was wearing long pants.

Martian Manhunter looks awesome. Hopefully my nearest LEGO store doesn't run out before next weekend. I'll most likely get the steam roller or a couple of Marvel sets. Either way my JL needs to add Manhunter to its ranks.

I think you will be fine, it's like 75 bucks to get one, most kids can't bribe their parents into spending that much. lol

Here is with the Flash just for you:

1ewISHij.jpg

Edited by eldiano

Well, the clever, dishonest kid would talk to the folks, have 'em buy $75 worth of product, then return it.

But some folks don't have that much money to tie up for a few weeks while that scheme plays out. And it would be an incredibly douchey thing to do.

Edited by Mister Blisterfists

Well, the clever, dishonest kid would talk to the folks, have 'em buy $75 worth of product, then return it.

But some folks don't have that much money to tie up for a few weeks while that scheme plays out. And it would be an incredibly douchey thing to do.

I did not know you could return Lego, so I just bought all those useless sets for nothing and opened them... dammit

I just got this guy and dig him. I don't notice any quality difference, if anyone was worried about that. I will be switching his hips and legs, however, to match a more "classic" theme. The New 52 can go play in traffic, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the review. He looks great. Although I don't know much about him.

Now I just need to decide what sets to buy to get him..