Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] CP301 Allan VIP - DMU

This is a Portuguese DMU Replica

12660706904_68cede83c5_c.jpg

0301-CasteloBranco-20090517-BrunoLuis.jpg

the only exists one of this DMU and its use only for rent.

The Moc was one of the most challenging thing i haver did, the front have extreme SNOT technics

i know some parts doesnt exist, but if i have chance to build this in real bricks i will try other solutions

comments are welcome :)

wow those are some big buffers. Very nice build.

Good use of parts there.

Edited by Lazarus

Hello Sergio,

Wow, that is an amazing piece of work, just beautiful! Creative SNOT work, and I have always been partial to green. I almost didn't realize that was a rendering until you said it wasn't brick built, it looks like a picture. If you don't mind me asking, what software are you using?

-Kevin

Hello Sergio,

Wow, that is an amazing piece of work, just beautiful! Creative SNOT work, and I have always been partial to green. I almost didn't realize that was a rendering until you said it wasn't brick built, it looks like a picture. If you don't mind me asking, what software are you using?

-Kevin

Hi! i use LDD2Pov Ray and pov ray to render my models :)

Other told that it's a quite good MOC and usage of parts, so I will reveal the problems (the problems being problems for ME)

-Driver's cab window on the side: on real train the bottom of the window is in line with the bottom of the front window. In your desing, this side window goes below that line with one brick. Replacing slope 1*2*3 with 1*2*2 will fix this problem (if I'm not wrong, at this stage of planning it doesn't matter if a part exist or not).

-I think those boffers are quite long - they are good as model, but attaching everything else to this DMU on LEGO tracks will be impossible. If it will run only in solo, doesn't problem.

-White part on the side is too high - using the photo you attached as reference it should be one plates lower. I know that the height of the train is fixed because of front SNOT-techniques, raising the height of the windows with one plate (using trans clear plate 1×2) may solve this.

-There is no dark green gap between the large and small windows on the side, you easely can fit one more studs, Bo'Bo' trains can exceed 64 stud length without problems.

Hope, I wrote something useful...

This looks very nice, it is just the sort of thing that we could use for those of us who do not have that much room but still want a train set to play with. I like it a lot.