cmwcampbell

[MOC WIP] Buffalo Central Terminal train station

Oh wow! The station is looking fantastic. It really captures the feeling of the terminals from the golden age of rail travel, both inside and out. The Amfleet cars are looking good too.

Uau! We need to have many and many tan bricks to do that, but if we do not have motivation in this kind of project we can't do anything. Your job is awesome and inspirational for trains LEGO lovers arround the globe. Congrats and keep on track! :classic:

Well, it's finally done! I present to you the Buffalo Central Terminal Lego Restoration.

The vision of the project was to "restore" the Terminal to a modern, functioning, 21st-century rail hub state. Note the windmills and solar panels on the roof of the rectangular mail building...

lf3PQTP.jpg

Arriving in the station on a New York City-bound train...

scRN1Og.jpg

...or overnight on a long-distance Horizon Express...

Ja9nH6r.jpg

You're greeting by a local, who's up past her bedtime

dJL8SiD.jpg

Departing from the Terminal, make your way past folks in town for a Star Wars convention to grab a Starbucks

x8nlAdt.jpg

9NCfgNd.jpg

Head into the main hall

2XqFfAv.jpg

iwRPqtC.jpg

Looks like the display screens aren't working yet...

F0eowSL.jpg

Make your way past a furry out-of-towner towards the Train Concourse

IYwwg7s.jpg

To Track 7.

o42T7xv.jpg

Your train awaits!

jMGNgQm.jpg

mEWkeR7.jpg

If you had more time, visit the Emerald Night display train

N0dUlDa.jpg

Thanks for viewing! More pictures and videos are at Flickr.

Comments & suggestions are most welcome.

Edited by cmwcampbell

Oh wow! Seeing it complete, that is really a beautiful piece of work. It is great to see all the detailing on the classic American depots from the golden age of rail passenger service. Oh, and the expanding Amtrak fleet is a nice touch as well.

Nice, how long did the whole project take

Started in Feb '13, completed in Oct '14 with a few breaks in between. It was built mostly on the fly and there were more than a few rebuilds; if I'd used a design program it wouldnt taken about 12-14 months.

Oh wow! Seeing it complete, that is really a beautiful piece of work. It is great to see all the detailing on the classic American depots from the golden age of rail passenger service. Oh, and the expanding Amtrak fleet is a nice touch as well.

Thanks Zephyr. It has been a quite a journey. Speaking of the Amtrak fleet, here's a sneak peek at my current project with several elements inspired by your NCL. More to come...

1xzmKWq.jpg

uNj7Tzg.jpg

uNj7Tzg.jpg

Oh wow, I love this shot. Looking over a range of passenger cars all below a massive terminal. The great thing about Amtrak cars through the 1980's is that you can also mix in whatever pre-Amtrak equipment as well and the rainbow train will not look out of place. That new Amtrak train you are working on is also great. Two things come to mind, first, I think the chevron always pointed towards the front of Amtrak locomotives even though the logo always pointed to the right on promotional material. Second, I have heard a great trick to make homemade stickers blend in with lego shine- use a layer of packing tape before you cut them out. In any event I am looking forward to seeing more.