Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG- Quest #96: Tying up Loose Ends

"

12506808703_bf261436a9_t.jpg

"Not in the finding business, buddy."

"Alright then, well if I'm ever in need of some nickin', you'll be the first one I come to see."

Skrall turned back to his group, "I agree, not much but the lower belly of society around here it seems."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

12506708455_62b3cb4d7b_t.jpg

"Eh, what? Wolfgang? Is that worth waking me up for?! Go away, let me sleep."

"Sorry, my mistake. Carry on."

Ellaria gives up on the drowsy werewolf and walks to Boomingham who is calling her.

"Uh..." Boomingham stares at Ellaria, unable to recall exactly what name she used last time. "Dear, daughter dear, come here, would you?" Boomingham turns to the werewolf. "She'll fix you up great. I promise. I have full faith in her skill. And once she does, perhaps you can direct me to the Wolfgang, or any rumblings you've heard about them." Boomingham turns to Ellaria as she approaches. "Fix this wolf, would you, darling daughter?"

Ellaria smiles at Boomingham. His fatherly act was a bit over the top...

"I will do my best, father." She turns to the sick werecreature. "I am Elpis, daughter of Blackhood, at your service. I would like to hear more about this disease you have, so I can help you better."

Ellaria spends ether to heal the werecreature nevertheless.

"We oughta go look for Purple and the others, I don't think these people know nothin'."

"Just a moment", Ellaria whispers. "I think we were sent here for a reason, so it shouldn't do harm to poke around some more. Try to ask about the Wolfgang, at least. If their position here is anywhere close to what it is in Eubric, these are the people who should be affiliated with them."

"I got name. It non of your business. I look out for thievers up here. Easier than looking for thievers from ground."

"Then I shall call you Patsy. So, Patsy, have you seen any new 'thievers' recently? People you haven't seen before?"

Nyx looks around the area for any unusual behaviour, always keeping half an eye on Patsy, ready for trouble.

"I will do my best, father." She turns to the sick werecreature. "I am Elpis, daughter of Blackhood, at your service. I would like to hear more about this disease you have, so I can help you better."

Ellaria spends ether to heal the werecreature nevertheless.

Ellaria has to spend 5 ether, but she finally senses that the traces of the disease in the werejackal are gone.

12506693695_1da5b2679f_t.jpg

"Wow... A cleric... I... I... thank you. The disease, the green plague, just the latest in the series of pests and plagues that ravage the slums. It's curable, so the rich folk got nothing to fear, and there's the clinic, but they are racists, a friend of mine got treated badly there. Green plague... It's eventually deadly, you saved my life. I can't thank you enough."

"Then I shall call you Patsy. So, Patsy, have you seen any new 'thievers' recently? People you haven't seen before?"

12506696295_ee33b77a21_t.jpg

"You people new. Suspicious. Maybe thievers."

"I can't thank you enough."

"On the contrary, my friend. There are multiple ways you can help me. You can start by telling us your name and everything you know about the Wolfgang's actions here in Strivvi."

Ellaria winks at Boomingham.

"You people new. Suspicious. Maybe thievers."

"Well done Patsy, we are indeed new. So, have you noticed anyone else new around here? Do you know of a Wolfgang? I'd really like to meet them. Perhaps if you know who they are or where they are I might go away and leave you alone."

"Ah well," says Boomingham, and steps away from the healed werewolf. "Elpis, dearest, I think it's time that we move on. You know we have some people to meet."

"Alright, daddy, but I do find it strange that these people do not seem to know of the Wolfgang. Maybe it operates under an alias here... Harrison, do you frequent here in this square in case we should come to need you later? Or could we just hire a street urchin to fetch you?"

After the werejackal answers, Ellaria gathers everyone and leads them up the stairs to the upper city.

Atramor followed the rest of the party out of the slum.

12506696295_ee33b77a21_t.jpg

"No."

"Yes, I..."

Suddenly, a booming voice from above the heroes echo'ed through the square. The heroes looked up, the angle was bad, but they could see a figure sitting on some kind of throne.

12503743125_1865111609_c.jpg

"Enough of this farce. The ones that get me their heads shall want for nothing."

All of the people in the square turned around to the party.

12585432814_a119a9b62d.jpg

12585095293_9309e69ab5_z.jpg

12584983705_7abd5bc78f_z.jpg

Harrison was the first to speak up.

"I'm sorry... I can't..." He says before he runs out of the square.

As if it was directed, all the people looking at the party drew their weapons, dirks, knives, bottles, broken or not, clubs, the occasional cutlass or sword, at the same time. The two figures that flanked the man that had spoken up jumped down, spears in hand.

12585284023_980cd84c9c_z.jpg

12585283463_d43144978a_z.jpg

12585617504_08fea149da_z.jpg

Only one of the thugs walks two steps forwards, and with a grin, says:

12506820753_fd1d3012f1_t.jpg

"I don't suppose you can make me a better offer than the Nightmaster?"

Only one of the thugs walks two steps forwards, and with a grin, says:

12506820753_fd1d3012f1_t.jpg

"I don't suppose you can make me a better offer than the Nightmaster?"

Skrall crunched down on a Titan's Heart, "What makes ya think he could deliver on such a promise?"

"Wonder what we did to offend the chap," Boomingham says, drinking one of his meads. "I'll make you all the offer that I generally make those who fight me. You may live and run, or stay and die. The choice is always your's, but those who stay will be killed."

"I'll make you all the offer that I generally make those who fight me. You may live and run, or stay and die."

"More than I would've offered 'em."

Atramor inhaled some Smelling Salts.

"I guess you're not that smart after all," he remarked towards the girl with the cutlass.

"This dead meat has armor. The dead meat I'm lookin' at doesn't. You think numbers is gonna help you in this fight? All it'll do is make a bigger mess."

12506701385_b398d907c9_t.jpg

"You're so new in town, it's adorable. Armour? Against the Nightmaster? You should have taken my advice and ran."

"I was referrin' to you. I'm don't doubt your Knightmaster will last a little bit longer than you and the rest of this trash will."

Ellaria quickly drinks a Nostrum. They were severely outnumbered, so some luck should come in handy. Then she stepped forward.

"Listen, everyone! This Nightmaster of yours seems to be someone you all fear. What we promise to you is his head. We are mercenaries from another land, and more than capable of dealing with a rubble like you. But if you join us and fight against this tyrant and his goons, we can guarantee that you will be free from his ire! Don't trust us? I just healed one of you from the Green Plague without a cost. Has your Nightmaster done anything like that for you? Stop listening to that big bully, and be free!"

Ellaria finds herself panting. She doesn't remember when was the last time she has been this passionate about something.

"My dearest daughter, I feel we've had this conversation before. These people are weak followers. They do not fear him. They just can't make choices for themselves, so they turn to him. That is why they will stay and fight us and accept their deaths as well. Weakness."

Nyx slips carefully down from her vantage point (presumably in just the same way Patsy had done), downs a Mead, and strides over to stand next to her comrades.

"Can't we just kill them all? This place smells bad. I want to be somewhere else. And that guy looks like someone I saw on a poster once."

Nyx points at the ruffian who'd first mentioned the Nightmaster.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

12632390283_e70a610ca8_c.jpg

The Enemies:

12506804483_672b253d6a_t.jpgThe Nightmaster *Immune to instant kill**At a bad angle, untargettable, doesn't get hit by area of effect*

Level 100 Humanoid

Health: 650/650

Defense: 40

Special: Javelin Joust: Deal a hit to ALL enemies equal to the target's SP, if the Nightmaster has allies present, he also grants one of them a positive effect

Drops: Obsidian Spear, Nightmaster's Garb

Passive: The Nightmaster does not deal free hits. Instead, at the end of the round, he throws a spear at the enemy party, rolling dice, that person in the battle order get hits for 50 damage ignoring defense (but taking into account row) Every Round, the Nightmaster calls forth help to replenish his allies, until all of them are defeated. At the end of every round, he also grants one ally one of the Hastened, Lucky and Encouraged effects.

12506806293_b3895c4327_t.jpgThug *Encouraged*

Level 40 80 Humanoid

Health: 400/400

Defense: 0

Special: Dazing Strike: Quickly strikes to daze the target, causing them to lose all positive effects.

Drops: Knife

Passive: If at less than 10% Health, will flee the battle and take their loot with them.

12506708455_62b3cb4d7b_t.jpgLowlife

Level 40 Humanoid/Beast

Special: Hair of the dog: Doubles Health and Level. Can be used multiple times.

Drops: Hair of the Dog

Passive: If at less than 10% Health, will flee the battle and take their loot with them.

12506820753_fd1d3012f1_t.jpgScoundrel

Level 40 Humanoid

Special: Bottle Smash: Breaks a bottle over the hero's head, causing them to be confused.

Drops: Cutlass

12506701385_b398d907c9_t.jpgCutpurse

Level 40 Humanoid

Special: Disarm: Disarms the hero, causing them to have to use another weapon or spend a turn retrieving it.

Drops: Cutlass, 10 gold

12506700385_6d4f21e253_t.jpgRogue

Level 80 Humanoid/Demon

Health: 567/567

Special: Overwhelm: Unequips all artifacts from the target.

Drops: Spear

12506696295_ee33b77a21_t.jpgGoon

Level 40 Humanoid

Special: Vital hit: Stuns and causes the target to bleed for 5 each turn until remedied or healed to full health.

Drops: Darksteel Dagger

12506808703_bf261436a9_t.jpg Bandit

Level 40 Humanoid

Special: "Nick": Hits the target equal to his level, and has an additional 1/3 chance to instantly take the hero out.

Drops: Knife

12506691485_d0710d024a_t.jpgHoodlum

Level 40 Humanoid

Special: Hit and Run: Hits the target equal to his level, takes half the target's gold, and leaves the battle.

Drops: 50 gold

12506699495_a42d861594_t.jpgOutlaw

Level 80 Humanoid/Beast/Dark

Health: 567/567

Special: Ravaging Slashes: Deals damage equal to his level times the amount of people in the back row.

Drops: Spear

The Party:

12253343083_9e0c671fa8_t.jpg Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

31 year old male human Regulator

Level 31 *Immune to Fire, Water, Lightning, Wood, Earth, Wind, Light, Darkness, Poisoned, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last One Round* *Battle Style: Chaotic* HASTENED

Power: 51 (31 + 20)

Defense: 26 (4 + 6 + 4 + 12)

Health: 61/61 (7 + 30 + 12 + 6 + 6*)

Gold: 41

Equipment: Pheles Rod (WP: 20, user has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, light, darkness elemental staff), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Amulet of the Court (Suitable for anyone, negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to water, lightning, and wood, accessory), Rat's Hide (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, backwear), Galactic Armor (Suitable for anyone, SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to fire, earth, wind, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear), Helmet of Azzurat (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear)

Inventory: General's Dagger (WP: 7, pierces SP, cannot be upgraded, dagger), Tiger Claws (WP: 15, double WP against humanoids, darkness elemental, dual strike, daggers), Desert Cloak (Suitable for anyone, immune to fire, backwear), Sylvania's Cowl (Suitable for anyone, grants Animal Talk, headwear), Pickaxe, Shovel, Agni Bomb, Ambrosia, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Elixir, Gaia Bomb, 3 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Mulled Wines, Neutralizer, Nostrum, Phoenix Essence, 2 Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Scroll of Arc Frailty (50/50 chance to inflict the fragile-effect to all enemies for ether equal to the number of enemies)

ava-ellaria3.jpgEllaria Arbour (Sandy)

22 years old female human Druid

Level 26 1/3 *Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding* LUCKY

Power: 41 (26+12+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 42/42 (9+25+7+1)

Ether: 33/38 (5+25+5+1+2)

Gold: 198

Equipment: Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, fire- and lighting-elemental staff), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear)

Inventory:

Weapons Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:8, wood-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1, fire-, wind-, water- and earth-elemental staff),

Artefacts: Tricorne (SP:3, headwear), Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear)

Spell Items: Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song) Scroll of Arc Frailty (50/50 chance to inflict the fragile-effect to all enemies for ether equal to the number of enemies)(Borrowed)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 6 Tonics, 6 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, 1 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 1 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrum, 2 Soma, Ambrosia Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

BoominghamMock2.jpg IMG_1583-1.jpg Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Level 30 Paladin *Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Pierces SP From Front Row* *SP Ignored From Back Row* ENCOURAGED

Power: 49 (Level 29 + WP: 14 + Power Bonus: 5)

Power Bonus: 5

Defense: 10 (SP: 7 + SP: 3)

Health: 53/53 (Base HP: 10 + Level bonus: 39 + Class bonus: 11 + Permanent bonus: 3)

Ether: 29/29 (Base Ether: 0 + Level/Class bonus: 29)

Gold: 176

Equipment: Scupperer (WP: 14; Darkness-, Fire-elemental; inflicts Bleeding (-5) and Poisoned (-10); great sword) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness; Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves, Mopag Helm (SP: 3; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle)*Pseudo's Blessing (+4 Power; not an artifact)*

Inventory: Frozen Saber (WP: 9; Light-, Ice-elemental; inflicts Stunned; great sword), Lullaby Wand (WP:6, Inflicts Sleeping Effect)

• Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear)

• Garnet, Sapphire, Amethyst

• Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song)

• Mulled Wine, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Admantite Shard (1/4 of a piece of Adamantite), Milk, 4x Mead, x2 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts

• Bedroll

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg Nyx (played by Pandora)

19 years old Female Human Battle Mage *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep* ENCOURAGED

Level: 30 1/4

Power: 45 (WP 15 + Lvl 30)

Defense: 8 ([Robe of the Archmagi + Bright Polish] 4 + 4 [Helmet of Azzurat])

Health: 41/41 (Base 5 [Mage], +29 [per level], +5 [Advanced Class], +2 [Grand Zoot's Cookie])

Ether: 42/42(Base 5 [Mage], +29 [per level], +1 [Advanced Class], +5 [Robe of the Archmagi], +1 [Doomshroom] +1 [Doomshroom])

Gold: 582

Equipment: Zee Standard (Staff, WP: 15 Ice, Light and Darkness Elemental, Necromancers Raise Enemies with 2 extra levels), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elements and confused- and hexed-effects), Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear).[/color]

Inventory: Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Lullaby Wand (WP:6 Sleep effect), Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits).High Heels (+1 Power), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Chef’s Apron (Bodywear, Immunity to Fire and Poisons), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to Fire and Lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory). Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness) X2, Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice).Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Arc Sealing, Scroll of Blindness.1 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, 4 Deadly Venoms, 4 Phoenix Essences, 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core.Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Rudra Bomb (100 Lightning Elemental damage to all opponents), Skadi Bomb (100 Ice Elemental damage to all opponents), 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies).2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones.

skrall_avatar.jpgskrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 33.75 *Favors Ancient and Humanoid enemies* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *Gains 3x experience*ENCOURAGED+INSPIRED

Power Bonus: +2 WP

Defense: 8

Health: 47/47x2

Gold: 207

Equipment: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12/24 vs. Beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from fights, accessory)

Inventory: Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP, light, lightning, water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), Wooden Shield (SP:5), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"), 9 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Minimizing Dust, 4 Bone, 6 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, Potion, 3 Grand Potions, Phoenix Essence, 6 Phoenix Incenses, 3 Meads, 2 Nostrums, 1 Smelling Salt, 1 Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 1 Deluxe Skeleton, 1 Remedy, Jinxy Juice, Blind Fury

The heroes can hear footsteps coming from the stairs out of the square... And there's no reason to think they might be friendly. Also, not all the enemies joined the fray yet. Likely there will be new enemies joining every round. Party leader, please give a battle order, everyone state your actions.

Edited by Scubacarrot

OoC: Does the Nightmaster's effect "At a bad angle" prevent him from being targetted at all or just not affected by AoE?

Skrall unstraps his Hunter's Crossbow, "Any suggestions, Ellaria? I was thinkin' of startin' with the bloke on top of the wall, but not sure if I can hit him at this angle. The wolf or werepanther might do as well."