Piranha

Ideas For new sets(Wild West)

Midday Shootout There could be a normal cowboy, a black clothed bandit, a couple townspeople, and a couple background buildings with swinging doors. It could come with some cowboy guns. Maybe $40?

Midday Shootout There could be a normal cowboy, a black clothed bandit, a couple townspeople, and a couple background buildings with swinging doors. It could come with some cowboy guns. Maybe $40?

I think that the price is too low but your idea is great, Commander Flesh! :thumbup:

I, too, would so much like to get a new Western street scene :cry_happy: with some buildings TLG regrettably didn't offer us in the last amazing WW theme.

Klaus-Dieter

Here's some pieces I'd like to see in the new Western sets:

A cow skull, which can appear in any of the sets:

x1938.1230846012.jpg

Stick two of those cow horns into the studs of this:

41529.jpg

A gold prospector's hat:

30167.jpg

Set ideas:

Western Showdown - Includes Sheriff and Bandit minifigs, guns, safe, money, dynamite, sign with wanted poster, large barrel, bird, cow skull, horse and saddle.

Sheriff's office - Includes Sheriff, deputy, 2 bandits, dynamite, horse/saddle, safe, 3 cups, two keys, sheriff's office, two jails with exploding walls, large barrel, safe, gold coins, revolvers and rifles, bird and cow skull.

Other set ideas:

Saloon

Hotel

Bank

General Store

Great ideas, Justin! :thumbup:

Other set ideas:

Saloon

Hotel

These are definitely two of these sets TLG regrettably missed in the last WW theme and which I really hope that TLG will release if they one day will bring back the WW theme! (which supposably won't take place before 2012 when they release a Greek theme next year :sadnew: )

Klaus-Dieter

4130cowboy.jpg

How is this possible? I thought the Playmobil Western theme was discontinued for years? And I never saw them back in the stores... Or is this a sort of US only set?

I've got a new idea: a small fortress for the confederation. The Union soldiers of Fort LEGOREDO need someone to fight a civil war with. :wink:

Edited by Richie

4130cowboy.jpg

How is this possible? I thought the Playmobil Western theme was discontinued for years? And I never saw them back in the stores... Or is this a sort of US only set?

I don't know why Playmobil released it. Perhaps in the Legends line in order to sell it to some older customers which already own the old sets and would like this to get as an addition.

But it surely would make a good set in Lego, too! :thumbup:

I've got a new idea: a small fortress for the confederation. The Union soldiers of Fort LEGOREDO need someone to fight a civil war with. :wink:

I totally agree with you, Richie! :thumbup:

Some sets based on the confederates would be awesome! :oh: Playmobil did release confederates and unions - so why shouldn't TLG, too?!

Klaus-Dieter

=> The only things which are missing are torsos and wooden pieces

I'm thinking the wooden pieces you're talking about are the log walls, 19 of which were used in a LEGO Vikings fortress set, as well as three in the LEGO SpongeBob SquarePants Hospital Emergency Room set.

30140.png

I'm thinking the wooden pieces you're talking about are the log walls, 19 of which were used in a LEGO Vikings fortress set, as well as three in the LEGO SpongeBob SquarePants Hospital Emergency Room set.

30140.png

Oh, thanks for pointing that out, Justin! :classic:

Since I'm not interested in SpongeBob I did not realise that these parts still exist! :blush:

So there's now nearly every brick there which is needed to release some new Western sets! :thumbup: If only TLG wanted to! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

So there's now nearly every brick there which is needed to release some new Western sets! :thumbup: If only TLG wanted to! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

that would just be.........awesome, wonderful, magnificent :thumbup: and so on.

I would really like to see some extra builings back.

Hopefully the building style stays the same, so it would blend in with the existing sets.

(you still own me the pictures of my western saloon Klaus-Dieter, but i'm still need some parts who will be ordered shortly)

...at least they still have the old cowboy hat! :classic:

That's right, Justin, but it regrettably doesn't mean anything.

The head-gear for the Ninja in the minifigure collection number two was re-released, too, but nevertheless no reintroducement of the Ninja theme.

So I'd say: The fact that the cowboy hat appears here does only mean that TLG still owns the mold - but it says nothing about the possibility of a new Western theme - regrettably. :hmpf_bad:

Here is a new idea for a Western set: :wink:

Sick Bay Tent 20-25 Euros

The Western army is in battle against a big gang of bandits. So it's no wonder that some soldiers even get hurt. But no problem - luckily there is a little sick bay tent at the camp where a doctor and a nurse are looking after them!

a little white tent (interior: divan bed and chair) and a little landscape with some rocks and a big flag of the soldiers

includings some little barrels and boxes filled with medicine, some weapons and a horse

minifigs: injured soldier, doctor, nurse and bandit

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I think Wild West is coming back. I remember I read something from a LEGO employee about reviving a well loved theme. Plus all other evidence brought forward in this topic equals high probability for reintroduction :).

If that happens I don't think they are gonna try something revolutionary. Most of the possible topics have already been covered in the previous incarnation of Wild West. My bet is that if they do it, it will be akin to the Pirates theme - by trying to create more polished versions of existing sets, with a slight twist.

I think Wild West is coming back. I remember I read something from a LEGO employee about reviving a well loved theme. Plus all other evidence brought forward in this topic equals high probability for reintroduction :).

Well, let's hope so!

Do you still know where you read that? That would be interesting to know.

What do you think when a new Western theme can be seen?

If that happens I don't think they are gonna try something revolutionary. Most of the possible topics have already been covered in the previous incarnation of Wild West. My bet is that if they do it, it will be akin to the Pirates theme - by trying to create more polished versions of existing sets, with a slight twist.

I totally agree with you, Yloquen!

I already thought about a similarity to the new Pirates theme, too.

So let's then only hope that we'll nevertheless get a decent interior in the buildings, buildings with two floors and not too less minifigs!

Klaus-Dieter

Well, let's hope so!

Do you still know where you read that? That would be interesting to know.

What do you think when a new Western theme can be seen?

No, I don't remember, but I'm pretty certain I read it. Let's hope to see the mystery theme for Xmas. I believe rumors will soon start to surface regarding the products we will get at that time, including the other themes.

I think that some of you have already seen the preliminary picture of the Toy Story Western Town.

When I saw this picture this morning I had two ideas:

The (surely) bad news:

Since there'll be that Toy Story Western Town the chances for a new Western theme in 2010 are nearly zero.

The (maybe) good news:

If this set is going to sell well this does not only mean that kids are interested in Toy Story but even that they are interested in Wild West. So if it sold well then we possibly might see a new WW theme in 2011.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'm afraid the Toy Story line will last longer than a year, and so delay an eventual Wild West theme. I hope you're right, since I don't like the Megabloks-style Toy Story theme and prefer Western sets designed by TLG instead of scenes designed by Pixar (I don't even count this as Disney).

I'm afraid the Toy Story line will last longer than a year, and so delay an eventual Wild West theme. I hope you're right, since I don't like the Megabloks-style Toy Story theme and prefer Western sets designed by TLG instead of scenes designed by Pixar (I don't even count this as Disney).

You're right, Richie.

Although I really like Toy Story and many of the Pixar and Disney movies the new Toy Story "maxifigures" are really :sick: . Apart from that - like you already mentioned - a WW set based on a movie (a licensed set) is no alternative to a great Western set invented by TLG themself. :sadnew:

I think that it'll depend on whether there'll be more Toy Story Western sets out in 2011 or not. If yes then regular Western regrettably had no chance, but if no then perhaps regular Western will have a chance. Let's hope! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I had the same thoughts upon seeing the Toy Story western set. As long as pirates doesn't have to make way for it... TLG can bring back Western. I don't own a single Western set, but I've always enjoyed looking at the sets and - talk about ideas for possible new Western sets - Brickminer's Western MOCs, especially this train (station). I however doubt whether I would collect it.

I've always enjoyed looking at the sets and - talk about ideas for possible new Western sets - Brickminer's Western MOCs, especially this train (station). I however doubt whether I would collect it.

I'm in the fortunate position to luckily own all Western and Indian sets from 1996/1997. (You can find them in my Indian Village and my Legoredo.)

Nevertheless I surely would buy some new WW sets (if TLG didn't desgin them to badly or didn't include anything new in comparison to the old sets) and I even hope that if TLG brings back the WW theme they will even offer at least a stage coach, a saloon and a Western train with train station as something new to us.

If e. g. some of Brickminer's or TheBrickster's Western MOCs were released by TLG I would of course immediately buy them! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Heh, cool I didn't think this topic I made such a long time ago would still be active :grin:

You guys must have alot of ideas it has kept on goin and goin..... :tongue::wink:

Klaus-Dieter- I remember when this first started about a month later I had forgotten about this topic and I came back to check up on it and it was loaded with posts of all your ideas. Sorry I hadn't checked those sooner :laugh: You have contributed a great amount to this thread and have really kept it going. :thumbup::sweet:

Also good point brought up about the vintage mini fig having the cowboy hat

I think Wild West would be a very popular theme if released today

There can be so many great sets made and parts (i.e cactus, holster)

Like you can read here there'll be not only a small Western town scene as a Toy Story set but even a Western train.

Why does Lego have to release such excellent ideas for Western sets in a licensed theme and does not offer them to us as regular non-licensed sets?! :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

I totally agree with you. I'm afraid the end of the Pirates theme has something to do with the same: a Pirates of the Caribbean-license.

If e. g. some of Brickminer's or TheBrickster's Western MOCs were released by TLG I would of course immediately buy them! :classic:

Thanks KD. That's nice of you to say. SirNadroj and Slyowl have also created some very nice Wild West creations, with outstanding detail. I'm very much impressed with their building ability and eyes for detail.

I'm a bit disappointed with the Toy Story WW set, but my expectations weren't very high with the license (expecting kiddie sets).

For you WW fans, you might also check out this fun little topic regarding new WW sets:

Wild West: Help Dusty Miller, If the WW theme was continued, what sets would you add?

Honestly can somebody just make a petition or something to bring back Western?

That's a great idea, curtisdlee!

I don't own an own homepage so I decided to post a petition here on EB:

Here you go! Please sign in and btw welcome to EB, curtisrlee! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter