Sign in to follow this  
TrumpetKing

CMF Mafia 2 - Day 2 - Special Delivery

Almost forgot to mention the most important thing ... Derek investigated me last night. I'm a Monster.

Helen knows this. She is the one who told me, before I confirmed it with Derek.

Why have you changed your tune? So you can claim to be investigated? Did you just go against the advice of every other player who has discussed revealing who was investigated?

Furthermore, did you do an amazing flip-flop of not believing Derek to insisting he's the investigator just so you can get everyone to claim to you?

Does anyone else think she's the Godfather?

Will she flip-flop on whether she believes Derek is really the investigator or not next time there's a light breeze??

I believe that Helen is pretending to be cursed (or the scum cursed one of their own) to make Helen look like a townie.

Is this one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen in a Mafia game?

Would I be on the chopping block (more so than I am already) if I had yielded to the pressure that Helen and Timothy were placing on us to vote Kingsley at the end of Day 1?

Yes.

Isn't what makes you suspicious your holier-than-thou attitude and attempt to get everyone to claim to you?

I was going to quote some of your comments about the situation at hand, but I think I would have made the longest post in history, so here goes. I'm not sure what is going on with Helen and Kelly, but it's been about the only thing that has created any drama and there seems to be a lot of she said/she said going on. For the record, I don't think that Helen is faking being cursed. To me, that is silly, and frankly, I don't think Helen could pull it off without going insane. We've been around her enough to know that this is probably driving her crazy. Whatever happened in pm obviously made Kelly lose her mind for a bit, and is still pretty pissed about it. Maybe we could open some wine and have a little girl time. :wub: We can relax and see where it goes, since the guys here aren't paying attention to me. :cry_sad: I even changed my wig for them.

Anyway, it seems to me that something between you two isn't adding up. Did someone get caught lying? Is this a big charade? My gut says you're both town, but I'll be honest and say I feel more at ease with Helen, even with the investigation. She has tricked me before, but she came out with her Mummy identity very early and has been a raging townie pretty much from GO.

Carl, I will admit I haven't paid much attention to you, but your post when you voted for Bleeb seemed very nervous, when I read it at least. Don't sweat too much with that wig on, it's not a good look.

I don't recall Fortune Tellers being portrayed as monsters, but this little mermaid didn't pay much attention in history class.

This issue with the non-monstrous alter egos is still bugging me. I know it doesn't have to fit the pattern of what happened in previous chapters, but it is bugging me nevertheless. I, for one, need some conclusion on this issue and don't particularly want to spend the next x days speculating. It is putting me at odds with some people (potentially unnecessarily) because I don't have the same blind faith in our claimed investigator.

I propose everyone sends me their alter egos via PM. I'll report back if there are duplicates and what the number of non-monstrous identities there are, or we can decide as a group on what we do with the information.

Regarding the investigator, I think that enough time has passed for a counter claim to arise. I've also done a little reading of history texts. In some cultures, fortune telling was considered on par with witchcraft, which was considered bad (if not necessarily monstrous). I don't need to confirm with history texts that witches were burnt at the stake.

I've been in discussion with Derek and am comfortable with his claim. I have no means to verify him, of course, but there is no reason not to believe him.

So is an uncontested claim conclusion enough on this issue that has been bugging you so?

Is this the PM I was referring to yesterday when just looking for a reaction?

***Has this content been redacted?***

So, those claiming "Monster ____ " means nothing to me, unless we can confirm what the rest of the PM says.

That's why I am confused / not convinced.

Does it look like she was gently nudging people in the direction of continuing to be suspicious of Derek? Or is it just Townie discussion?

Didn't the conversation go in a vastly different direction after that?

Mine just says "Monster Mummy" not a or the.

And no other reference to any other CMF?

Assuming you're Monster, that suggest a grammatical error from TrumpetKing in my Role PM. It may also mean that alter egos mean nothing.

And then did it go in some direction where it seemed more like there was confusion from the way the host worded the role PM?

Or did my verification of my role PM setup lead her to making up a silly story?

:wacko:

Would I be on the chopping block (....

Also, why is there no response to Melinda, the only person who has voted for you?

Here's a thought to ponder to, just in case I don't make it through the night and Helen does. Who do you think would be a bigger threat to the scum? I'm pretty sure between me and her, I'd be taking her out first, and probably ahead of Caitie too.

Are you inviting the Scum to kill you or setting me up for suspicion when you and the council decide to kill someone else tonight?

Almost forgot to mention the most important thing ... Derek investigated me last night. I'm a Monster.

What is your point? That I told you when you still didn't even believe Derek to be the investigator?

I want to know more of this potential curse thing too.

What? Is Pam right about you being a better lynch? :look:

Did someone get caught lying?

No.

Is this a big charade?

No.

Haven't I been a perfect gentleman in private? Doesn't Kellie just have some sort of temper problem? :wacko:

Is Kelly trying to make something happen with the curse because it didn't have the effect they wanted it to? How would that work when someone else will inevitably be cursed tomorrow? Or is the curser a Townie? Does anyone remember me using this Action as a host? Remember the "only communicating in questions" was my favorite? Is this history repeating itself? Who in my game got this same curse?

Why aren't the Faith Healers more suspicious of me? Is that something that bugs me?

There are a couple of blanks that need to be filled in.

The copy of the role PM that I received via email made reference to both "Monster Mermaid" and "The Monster" (as in Franskenstein's Monster (CMF Series 4)). I didn't question this because it made sense to me - my character is a mermaid and The Monster is my alter ego. I was getting frustrated because I was trying to explain this to Helen, who (in my view) did not believe and did not give me straight answers. I presume this is because, like most of you, she would have received a Role PM that made only reference to one CMF.

I later went to the Role PM sitting in the messenger system here, after Helen asked if I had asked TrumpetKing about it. It made only reference to one CMF - Frankenstein's Monster. I queried TrumpetKing, who confirmed that he had made a mistake.

My apologies to TrumpetKing if I have stepped over the mark by blabbing this information. My intention is not to embarrass you (mistakes happen all the time, it's a fact of life), but I feel the need to set the record straight on this matter.

Is this what Bleeb just said to me in private?

I find Scubacarrot to be odd, since he's pushing for all these townie lynches.

All these Townie lynches? Haven't we just had one lynch? Is everyone else Sally is accusing a Townie then? :snicker:

There are a couple of blanks that need to be filled in.

The copy of the role PM that I received via email made reference to both "Monster Mermaid" and "The Monster" (as in Franskenstein's Monster (CMF Series 4)). I didn't question this because it made sense to me - my character is a mermaid and The Monster is my alter ego. I was getting frustrated because I was trying to explain this to Helen, who (in my view) did not believe and did not give me straight answers. I presume this is because, like most of you, she would have received a Role PM that made only reference to one CMF.

I later went to the Role PM sitting in the messenger system here, after Helen asked if I had asked TrumpetKing about it. It made only reference to one CMF - Frankenstein's Monster. I queried TrumpetKing, who confirmed that he had made a mistake.

My apologies to TrumpetKing if I have stepped over the mark by blabbing this information. My intention is not to embarrass you (mistakes happen all the time, it's a fact of life), but I feel the need to set the record straight on this matter.

Did I just want to make sure I wasn't posting that part of the conversation without your permission?

... should you have maybe checked with the host first before telling the whole story?

All these Townie lynches? Haven't we just had one lynch? Is everyone else Sally is accusing a Townie then? :snicker:

Do not like. Especially when considering his inane contradictions. Vote: Bleeb (Bob).

I apologize for my relative absence today; I've been busy both outside of this life and behind the scenes.

Kristel, if you have an issue with me, I understand. I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a PM so I could address your concerns and put them to rest individually. I'm very confident you're town, and since I'm town too, it's in both of our best interests to work together. :classic:

Vote: Bleeb (Bob)

I wasn't sure on the Bleeb lynch, but that's enough for me.

How does this fit in your plan of voting for Helen? obviously the cop trusts Helen as he opted to reveal your investigation result to her instead of to you directly so why are you still holding your vote against Helen?

Now we're starting to get somewhere.

Where are we going?

I'm going to do an early interlude to make up for the one I missed yesterday.

Vote Tally

Bleeb (Bob) - 10 (Hinckley, Piratedave84,LegoDad, Scubacarrot, Peanuts, DarthPotato, Captain Nemo, jamesn,CallMePie, Tamamono)

Kelly Lester (Kristel) - 1 (MetroiD)

Helen Inkling (Hinckley) - 1 (Kristel)

With 17 players, a majority of 9 votes is needed to preform a lynch.

12145430753_9449dafdc7_z.jpg

Mercutio stands and gossips with his 4 assistants.

"So, how about Bleeb's hair? Totally ugly, right?"

"Well how about my abs?"

"Oh, Abraham, I love your abs."

"Was that Mercutio or Carlisa?"

"Oh, Mercutio" Carlisa interrupts. "Did you hear about your special delivery? Meet Calamity Drone and Velma Staplebot!"

12145430563_eebec2132a_z.jpg

Two robot assistants walk out, ready to aid Mercutio.

Later that day....

12145431453_73e2e454af_z.jpg

"Oh, please, Calamity, I think we all know I'm the better western woman" Clarissa argue.

"BEEP BOOP. LIES. LYNCH ALL LIARS"

"That would be funny if you weren't an NPC"

Not sure if I'm liking the arrival of these robots. No DNA, no fingerprints, heck, probably make decent witnesses too. All this technology is going to put honest, hard working hitmen such as myself out of work. And then what am I going to do? Definitely not going to become a loan shark, no sir. That's a hobby, not a job.

After reviewing the day thread, it looks like Sally really only pressured Bleep and Melinda. Even then, she's really only pursued Bleep. If that's really what he said (and I don't see any reason to doubt it is), it's just another bullet in his robotic head. I'm also concerned about the time he sent the message. Why was he busy sending PMs to Helen instead of defending himself in our conversation? Surly he could do both. If he really wanted to prove his innocence, he would be talking with all of us in the thread. And why did he choose to target Sally? She hasn't really done anything super scummy to me.

Vote: Bleep (Bob)

And just think, I wasn't so certain that I would vote for Bleep until I saw this PM. That's the evidence which convinced me.

After reviewing the day thread, it looks like Sally really only pressured Bleep and Melinda. Even then, she's really only pursued Bleep. If that's really what he said (and I don't see any reason to doubt it is), it's just another bullet in his robotic head.

So you're saying that Bleeb's conjecture about Sally's accusations being against townies would be true from his perspective? Yet you go on to vote for Bleeb??

I'm also concerned about the time he sent the message. Why was he busy sending PMs to Helen instead of defending himself in our conversation? Surly he could do both. If he really wanted to prove his innocence, he would be talking with all of us in the thread.

Helen is one of the main people orchestrating Bleeb's lynch. It's much more effective to speak to the most influential people in a group than to the group as a whole, and this is a tactic that people under the axe have been practicing for a long time. Why has it suddenly caught your interest?

And just think, I wasn't so certain that I would vote for Bleep until I saw this PM. That's the evidence which convinced me.

Basically, Captain Giovanni Hottie Jr. here brushes off Bleeb's PM as excusable (he says that Sally was only really going after Bleeb, and Bleeb would call himself town no matter what, so he was right from his perspective) and then says "Bleeb is suspicious for PM'ing when he should be publicly defending himself" and treats the Bleeb PM like it's some sort of damning evidence - even though he completely dismisses the most important part of it. Sloppy bus.

"POFF"

Mikatta sings in a creepy voice -Hear the sirens, hear the siiireEns-

Wahahaaa hear the sirens, there is something burning in here´, don´t know what it is but the feeling is intense. Now we are getting somewhere

But those "Lynch liars drones" would be helpful, I think I have a potion somewhere that revels liars, when they take a sip of it their face turns green... or was it their nose gets long when they lie. Oh well

I don't know, I must admit I didn't follow the last game.

We know Whahahahaaha :sarcasm:

So, that's not what you said? Well, I meant Timothy actively tried to get peopel to lynch Kingsley, while Bleeb just walked by and voted. There's a distinction there. Not to say that scum wouldn't push for a power role. That's what Carl does, after all.

Okay (not ok-ey), there where 10 people voting for him and Bleeb sealed the deal. Don´t know if that alien overlords intentions were to "hammer it" like timmy had screamed out before or was it just that Bleeb came back to vote for someone and Starfish with 9 votes was a good call.

because we know Bleeb(bob) isn´t the most active of us either and this is something he has done before.

Would I be on the chopping block (more so than I am already) if I had yielded to the pressure that Helen and Timothy were placing on us to vote Kingsley at the end of Day 1? I chose not to yield because I didn't think that Kingsley was scum. But I understand that some people feel more strongly about getting a lynch on Day 1, so I can perfectly understand why Bleeb may have chosen to vote for Kingsley.

Vote: Helen Inkling (Hinckley)

I'd be just as happy to vote for Timmy. Where is the sidekick today? He's gone all quiet. Maybe Helen sent in the hairdresser as a replacement. I'd be trying to keep Timmy quiet as well, given his role in Kingsley's lynch yesterday.

I believe that Helen is pretending to be cursed (or the scum cursed one of their own) to make Helen look like a townie. Helen told me about her curse at the start of the day. Presumably she also told others that she appears to be tight-knit with, like Timmy. Timmy felt a need to point it out in thread, even though he knew exactly what was going on. I believe this was designed purely to make sure that everyone was aware that Helen was cursed, and not just being annoying on purpose.

Regarding the investigator, I think that enough time has passed for a counter claim to arise. I've also done a little reading of history texts. In some cultures, fortune telling was considered on par with witchcraft, which was considered bad (if not necessarily monstrous). I don't need to confirm with history texts that witches were burnt at the stake.

I've been in discussion with Derek and am comfortable with his claim. I have no means to verify him, of course, but there is no reason not to believe him.

If you vote me off today, the only thing you will have "caught" today is a vanilla townie. I am sure that the scum would prefer a power role, but c'est la vie.

Here's a thought to ponder to, just in case I don't make it through the night and Helen does. Who do you think would be a bigger threat to the scum? I'm pretty sure between me and her, I'd be taking her out first, and probably ahead of Caitie too.

Stupied girl (sorr) but you had something good going here and no not the one that you vote for Helen. No the thing that you had a trumpcard here with one you could put more pressure on the scum to scream that you are lying and would maybe revealed something useful that we could had used against them.

But no what do you do in the next comment, you reveal everything.

Is Kelly trying to make something happen with the curse because it didn't have the effect they wanted it to? How would that work when someone else will inevitably be cursed tomorrow? Or is the curser a Townie? Does anyone remember me using this Action as a host? Remember the "only communicating in questions" was my favorite? Is this history repeating itself? Who in my game got this same curse?

I remember my alter alter then ego could curse someone and my character was town. So it doesn´t mean it has to be a council member that has cursed helen (i actually like her better this way, don´t you think... she is more quiet WHHWHWAAA (just kidding Helen :angel_sing: ))

So what to think of the day so far, Blee´b seems to get it, not that i am against it. Because he hasn´t done anything useful either, biggest thing he did was the "famous" hammering.

Then the intresting catfight between Helen and Kelly and melinda. I think both Kelly and Helen are town, Kelly has been investigate and Helen, not confirmed but so far feel more town. Melinda, no clue about here yet.

The Godfather claim Helen brought up, I don´t think Kelly is. In the game Helen´s something hosted I was absolutely till the end that one person that was investigated and confirmed vanilla town, that he was the Godfather. And it nearly was my doom because I would had been lynched next if the game wouldn´t had ended.

'

What I am saying is that there is a small possibility of a godfather but my opinion I don´t think our host is using it here in this game.

There seems to be that all nearly voting for Bleed now

What I am saying is that there is a small possibility of a godfather but my opinion I don´t think our host is using it here in this game.

Why not? Didn't he use it in his last game with a similar setup?

It's much more effective to speak to the most influential people in a group than to the group as a whole, and this is a tactic that people under the axe have been practicing for a long time.

Who contacted who??

Who contacted who??

Captain Genaro's main problem with Bleeb is that he was busy spending time PMing you instead of defending himself in the thread.

Captain Genaro's main problem with Bleeb is that he was busy spending time PMing you instead of defending himself in the thread.

Isn't your argument that he should be pleading to the people leading the lynch? Did he plead to me? Or did I contact him first?

Does anybody else feel nervous lynching Bleeb? Isn't this how he behaves in every game? Saying weird things? Is this one of those we have to lynch, though, because we'll keep wondering otherwise?

Does anybody else feel nervous lynching Bleeb? Isn't this how he behaves in every game? Saying weird things? Is this one of those we have to lynch, though, because we'll keep wondering otherwise?

Bleeb usually lurks and doesn't say much, but yesterday he hammered the lynch on Kingsley and today turned around and basically blamed you and Timothy for making him do it. Furthermore, you've indicated Bleeb has spent time airing his suspicions to you rather than in thread.

In short, he's behaving differently in this situation than he usually does, and his behaviour has been scummy.

Why not? Didn't he use it in his last game with a similar setup?

But the case is would he use it again, we don´t know.

Ofcourse we can treat Kelly as she is the Godfather but then if she isn´t we will just piss her of and make her totally useless

Wouldn´t the best option be then to vote her out, to prove that she is the godfather or vanilla townie?

(And this isn´t anything personal against you Kelly, this was just an idea to try suspisions against you)

But the case is would he use it again, we don´t know.

Don't you say at first that you don't think he's using it? Then you say "we don't know" when I ask you to clarify? Isn't it true that these two things do not match?

Has something been bugging me?

Timmy felt a need to point it out in thread, even though he knew exactly what was going on.

Didn't Timmy and I do this on purpose to see if we could gauge reactions? Did we want to see if someone over-reacted or tried to make something out of the curse? Did Derek clarify this with me in PM? Did I tell Kelly that Timmy knew I had been cursed? Isn't it true that I didn't say anything to Kelly about telling Timmy? Didn't I ask Derek if he'd been talking much with Kelly? Wasn't that after he listed people he'd been talking to and didn't mention her? Wasn't this his response?

Yeah, some of them have, but not a whole lot.

I've been talking to her a little, although I haven't really been able to tell her much more than she probably already knows.

Why does Kelly then know what I said to Derek?

Isn't it true that people have been claiming to Derek? Isn't it also true that not everybody has? Is it fair to say that Derek hasn't been very proactive with the information he has received?

Is this how he behaved in Ragnarok?

Ofcourse we can treat Kelly as she is the Godfather but then if she isn´t we will just piss her of and make her totally useless

Pissing off somebody is not a valid argument to do or not do something. :wacko:

Don't you say at first that you don't think he's using it? Then you say "we don't know" when I ask you to clarify? Isn't it true that these two things do not match? Has something been bugging me?

Maybe

Didn't Timmy and I do this on purpose to see if we could gauge reactions? Did we want to see if someone over-reacted or tried to make something out of the curse? Did Derek clarify this with me in PM? Did I tell Kelly that Timmy knew I had been cursed? Isn't it true that I didn't say anything to Kelly about telling Timmy? Didn't I ask Derek if he'd been talking much with Kelly? Wasn't that after he listed people he'd been talking to and didn't mention her? Wasn't this his response? Why does Kelly then know what I said to Derek? Isn't it true that people have been claiming to Derek? Isn't it also true that not everybody has? Is it fair to say that Derek hasn't been very proactive with the information he has received?

What are you trying to say, what have you done and what have you not said? :wink:

Pissing off somebody is not a valid argument to do or not do something. :wacko:

Let´s piss her off to see how she reacts

But the current situation is what it is, that Helen and Timmy has been piss her of to see were she stands, right?

Anyone else think that Mikatta is behind the curse?

Anyone else think that Mikatta is behind the curse?

Blame the witch, you do?