Yeah but that's fine by me, the reason I want something simple like that is just so that I can do simple 4 wheel drive vehichles. I wasn't planning on using them for live axles or anything fancy like that.

I want a wheel hub that can be used for all suspension variants. Need to draw some plans for it.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying some parts made by Efferman (props for You, Eff ;)). Could someone tell my, how much more torque can handle this differential: Diff, than the standard one from Lego?? The same question for CV joint compared to standard Lego.

Edited by Pawlo

It's still plastic, and usually 3D printing is weaker than injection molding, but in the case of slipping, compared to it's official counterpart, it would definetely slip less. (As in the axel hole spreading out and the axel spinning inside the joint on the original)

Edited by MRP_

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying some parts made by Efferman (props for You, Eff ;)). Could someone tell my, how much more torque can handle this differential: Diff, than the standard one from Lego?? The same question for CV joint compared to standard Lego.

I have that differential and it has never ground, I have put it through many very harsh tests and the teeth are fine except being dirty. When you get it the 4 bevel gears will be a tight fit but when you use it enough it will act like a regular differential and not have friction.

I don't have the CV but I will say it will be fine if you don't use it in a high stress places like a crawler drivechain.

Thanks guys for your opinions, i will consider buying those parts.

Hello Efferman,

The leafsprings you have made, can they be used on bigger scale trucks?

Like 1:13 weighing roughly 3 kilo's?

And can they be build in a studded model's chassis with two steered front axles?

Hello Efferman,

The leafsprings you have made, can they be used on bigger scale trucks?

Like 1:13 weighing roughly 3 kilo's?

And can they be build in a studded model's chassis with two steered front axles?

Why not?

Hello Effe.

I was wondering if you could make a 3D printed motor mount for the titan 550 12T motor somewhat like sheepy18's one.

Thank you

Do you have the dimensions?

do you know the dimension of the cylinder between the mounting holes?

It is about a 1/4 of an inch or 6.35mm

Do you think you could design some dayton style rim covers for the wheels that come on the arocs?

They are a five spoked industrial truck rim.

It is about a 1/4 of an inch or 6.35mm

RC Motor Mount

I have made it a little bit universal. The center hole is 6.5mm but it can be drilled to 13mm. The mounting bolts can have a distance between 20.5mm and 29.5mm.

625x465_14626571_8838739_1465371644.jpg

kb7, a rimcover like this?

625x465_12547649_7883533_1459344540.jpg

Edited by efferman

Looks great as expected! :wink: Six spokes is fine by me.

What type of file is it in, because I have 3D printer and I need to know if it is compatible with it.

Also, I think there should be a solid disc on the back that covers the pin holes.

Edited by kb7

Preferably the flat side. But I don't want it to cover the rim entirely, There should still be some of the spokes left.

I would be very greatfull if someone could give feedback about this part: Mcpherson steering hub. Is it possible to make it drive and steer? Do it need to be linked with some wheel hubs?

Thx in advance.

My order just arrived and I am very happy with the motor mount, it fits like a glove.

28013998460_714f00a012_c.jpgIMG_0720 by JJ2Sam, on Flickr

Along with some other parts :laugh:

My order just arrived and I am very happy with the motor mount, it fits like a glove.IMG_0720 by JJ2Sam, on FlickrAlong with some other parts :laugh:

Within a couple of years you don't have to buy any LEGO parts no more :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding, very cool...curious what the total build wil be...

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

@JJ2 just a heads up, the hubs from the 8880 are pretty flexible and will have a toe in/out effect under strong acceleration, and running that setup at high speed will quickly damage the female CV counterpart. I'm not sure if lubrication will completely prevent that, but apply a lot!

@JJ2 just a heads up, the hubs from the 8880 are pretty flexible and will have a toe in/out effect under strong acceleration, and running that setup at high speed will quickly damage the female CV counterpart. I'm not sure if lubrication will completely prevent that, but apply a lot!

Yes I have noticed that but thanks for the head up! Have the 3D printed CV adapters broken on any of your models? I have to say I was expecting a lot more "nubs" to grip and hold the part.

I might try to modify the 8880 hubs to have more nubs to be more rigid, but have no idea how :wacko:

I'm looking for an adapter to connect standard 1.9" R/C wheels (12mm hex) to my LEGO axles. I see that you already have one for adapting the 3 pin hub to R/C, but I just want to adapt a standard axle to R/C. SO basically I need the same part but with just an axle slot in the center.

there is a small problem with your wish. The RC rim is connected to thbe adaptor with a screw in the center. the crossaxle is in the center too so there you have to decide between screw and crossaxle. Or you are using two pulley wheels with the 3hole adaptor.