just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

Thanks for the link! :thumbup: I think the Arkenstone may have the same printing as in the videogame, even though it's a clear 1x1 round tile instead of a trans-light blue one :sweet:

14551311130_f8876c47c4_z.jpg

If you have twitter, retweet this tweet from TLG and you could win the 'exclusive' Bard The Bowman minifig being offered in the raffle at SDCC. Seems like a pretty good way to give people who can't get to San Diego a chance.

Also, something worth noticing on the terms and conditions for the contest:

The approximate retail value of each prize is $2.99 USD.

Oh, how wrong could they possibly be... :laugh_hard:

Edited by AyliffeMakit

That printing :wub:

For me, Smaug alone is worth this sets price tag, everything else is just the icing on the cake :sweet:

Edit: Ace from fbtb.net confirms that the Bard minifig is most likely a preview: http://www.fbtb.net/...ive-minifigure/ If only the other three were previews too... :sadnew:

I'm glad we are on the same page chap :laugh: , all that negativity on this page. be happy we get Smaug! and 4 armoured dwarves ready for the battle! i mean they all have the right armour. Im more than happy with this set and i can't wait to get it :wub:

Dang now i want that Kili pretty badly... can't wait to see Thorin! :D

Sadly even with more pictures I have only 1 good thing in words for this set.... perfect parts pack...... for MOCers of mines, landscape and earthern colors..... rest is pure sadness... 130$ probably 140€ which means same as Helm's Deep.....

It wil lbe a good purchase at anything below 100€ probably and sell the figs + possibly Dragon and then 800 parts will cost about 30€ I hope....

That printing :wub:

DSC08480.jpg

For me, Smaug alone is worth this sets price tag, everything else is just the icing on the cake :sweet:

Edit: Ace from fbtb.net confirms that the Bard minifig is most likely a preview: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/25/sdcc-bard-the-bowman-legos-not-so-exclusive-minifigure/ If only the other three were previews too... :sadnew:

Alan Tran from The Brick Fan confirms this saying he was told it will be in an upcoming set.

Unless this set is an exclusive, this will be a good one to wait on for amazon to discount. Which could easily happen in November when they discount many of their lego sets.

Edited by Darth Punk

I think now that we're seeing the set in real life through pictures, it looks better because of sizing. The dwarves are, obviously, small, which gives a much better impression of the Erebor play features. That's what I think at least :3

As a kid, I'd probably love this set. Lots of playability. Easily identifiable scene from the movie. I'd definitely MOC it, adding features and stuff. I's spend weeks inside the Lonely Mountain.

As a grown up, I just don't like it. It's not that it's bad, it's simply that I'm not the target audience. It's much more like a playset than what I'd want from a Lego set. Some pieces in interesting colours, but that's about it.

Am I the only one who thinks this set is awesome? I plan to build a MOC Gate of Erebor to go with it (since I am bummed it wasn't included), and I am considering expanding the mine part with the old Dwarf Mine set. Can't wait to grab this one!

Edited by coolguy2323

That video was amazing! Smaug is undoubtedly the most sophisticated molded creature LEGO has ever made! Definitely worth the price!

EDIT: LEGO has updated the Hobbit site with this set, and has an October 15th release date! (literally by birthday :wub: )

http://thehobbit.lego.com/en-us/products/79018

Also, on the main page they have three new pictures of the set from Avanaut, and as usual, they are gorgeous.

Edited by Fives

One thing thats a massive sigh of relief for me is that the Arkenstone doesn't have to be attached to that horrid Chima gem. The clear circle plate has printing and it alone can represent the Arkenstone on the throne. So happy about that :grin:

It looks really good now we've seen the size of it in comparison to minifigures and I like the dwarf armour. Smaug also in the official images on lego's sit looks impressive and the amount of poseability on the video of brother hood workshop is great. I never noticed the secret door til I saw that video. That's a nice accurate play feature. It looks better separated I think.

This blue coated Bilbo is not the same as the one that came with the Blueray. The Blueray version has open coat with a tan vest and white shirt. The Liar of Smaug version has a closed coat with a green vest and a massive belt.

Fortunately I do have the Blueray version already.

I compared LEGO-Freaks' photo with Brickset.

This blue coated Bilbo is not the same as the one that came with the Blueray. The Blueray version has open coat with a tan vest and white shirt. The Liar of Smaug version has a closed coat with a green vest and a massive belt.

Fortunately I do have the Blueray version already.

I compared LEGO-Freaks' photo with Brickset.

Of course the fig is different. The outfit is different. The Blueray fig is Bilbo from the deleted Shire market scene from AUJ, and this new version is Bilbo from Lake-Town onward.

Another thing I've noticed which is sad is that Bilbo has no sort of armour at all. Whether this is a hint at Bilbo's lack of involvement in the battle or a choice by LEGO to give us a more popular DOS outfit, I'm not sure. Its just a shame there is no hint at the Mithril shirt whatsoever.

^Maybe we'll get another Bilbo with that outfit and the Mithril?? You know they like to give us multiple Jack Sparrows, er, Harry Potter, I mean Bilbos.... :tongue:

^Maybe we'll get another Bilbo with that outfit and the Mithril?? You know they like to give us multiple Jack Sparrows, er, Harry Potter, I mean Bilbos.... :tongue:

Maybe, but that would really suck. I'd rather they reserve the other fig spots in the rest of the sets for other characters. Being the last wave of Middle-Earth sets we'll likely get, I'd like as much variety as possible, even if it means less grunts. Its a shame that the Lake-Town set from last year had the AUJ Bilbo rather than this one.

I don't know if this is true or not, but the SDCC Bard does not seem to be exclusive. At least that's what is written at fbtb.net .

Here are some package shots of the LEGO SDCC Exclusive Bard the Bowman. Or is it?

I have verified today with two different sources that the Bard the Bowman minifigure, like Azog from last year, is a preview figure and will be available in a set to be released at a later date. The only unique aspect with this version of Bard is the fancy packaging. So for those of you who missed out, including me, you can rest assured knowing that the figure will come out and won’t exaclty cost you an arm and a leg to get it.

Unless of course you want the packaging….

from Ace Kim's article on fbtbnet from the 25th July

Of course the fig is different. The outfit is different. The Blueray fig is Bilbo from the deleted Shire market scene from AUJ, and this new version is Bilbo from Lake-Town onward.

Another thing I've noticed which is sad is that Bilbo has no sort of armour at all. Whether this is a hint at Bilbo's lack of involvement in the battle or a choice by LEGO to give us a more popular DOS outfit, I'm not sure. Its just a shame there is no hint at the Mithril shirt whatsoever.

Bilbo in the movie wer this outwith without the scarf, but with a mithril udenrshirt.

Sadly even with more pictures I have only 1 good thing in words for this set.... perfect parts pack...... for MOCers of mines, landscape and earthern colors..... rest is pure sadness... 130$ probably 140€ which means same as Helm's Deep.....

It wil lbe a good purchase at anything below 100€ probably and sell the figs + possibly Dragon and then 800 parts will cost about 30€ I hope....

Exactly what I was thinking but:

characters_79018_lg.jpg?l.r=1389738092

Seeing those figs upclose and their printing, they are Awesome and makes me wanna keep them if I get the set. So it will only be Smaug for selling then.

It's official! you can bend Smaug's wings :)

http://thehobbit.leg...lonely-mountain

Awesome video, soi funny. Thanks for sharing.

The amount of gold in that video is what TLG should had included in the set itself :grin:

I don't know if this is true or not, but the SDCC Bard does not seem to be exclusive. At least that's what is written at fbtb.net .

from Ace Kim's article on fbtbnet from the 25th July

I think that is good news, because I want that fig :classic: and don´t need to pay an exorbitant price on ebay for it

I think the one thing thats throwing me off most about this set is Dwalin's axe. Why is it green and gold? It just seems too colourful and magical, and doesn't feel right within the rest of the set.