Vee

Sold out

I noticed a lot of their sold out items have HUGE sale prices listed with them (which never seemed to of happened). For instance all the wave one LotR sets that they still have listed are sold out and show 50% off. I regularly check some sites that report deals and none of these were EVER mentioned. Even during Black Friday I don't recall any 50% off deals on these sets, only 30% on some? Why Lego would list a sale price on an item that is no longer available and never went on sale for that much is beyond me..?

Edited by Deathleech

I noticed a lot of their sold out items have HUGE sale prices listed with them (which never seemed to of happened). For instance all the wave one LotR sets that they still have listed are sold out and show 50% off. I regularly check some sites that report deals and none of these were EVER mentioned. Even during Black Friday I don't recall any 50% off deals on these sets, only 30% on some? Why Lego would list a sale price on an item that is no longer available and never went on sale for that much is beyond me..?

I noticed the same thing, commented here, but people say these prices did happen. With all due respect, I don't believe it. For me there is a bug in the website. Some of them may have happened, but not all.

The 50 % off probably happened, if you were watching the website from 12:00:00 to 12:00:05 past midnight, and ordered the last one or two in stock - I got a set exactly this way, but only 35 % off, by the time 12:01 rolled around (1 minute past midnight), they were all gone.

Edited by JGW3000

That is the only way I believe it happened. For a few minutes, for the last two or one in stock! :wink:

A very strange business practice.

It is impossible to believe that this set will not be sold anymore, so why use "Sold out", just to scare those that have not bought it yet?

And if it _is_ sold out for good - again, I find this just not possible - how come?

a1i1.png

The thing is Lego never fails to amaze me, usually in a bad way. If only its toys weren't so cool... :laugh:

In the US, the mars rover is listed as shipping march 8th, the 'new' flag would suggest it is still in production

Its done so that if any returns happen they are insta cleared down 50% off and sold asap!

logical to me

In the US, the mars rover is listed as shipping march 8th, the 'new' flag would suggest it is still in production

Lego Architecture Studio had the "New" flag for weeks while in "Sold out" status to never return. It is still listed in Lego Shop but now they have at least removed the "New" tag.

And yes, last time before the last that I checked the Mars Rover, the expected shipping date was March 8th, which I found a long time to wait, but now they list it as Sold out.

...I hope the 21104 comes back, I'd like to get one

It has to come back, but knowing that we are dealing with TLG, I've quickly learned that ANYTHING is possible, even the impossible.

I also don't know, I think I read something about an initial batch of 10k units, but I am not sure. The set is still available at S@H from many other countries, which does not help the US customer.

I'm not too familiar with the parameters but when a Cuusoo set is released, isn't there a set/specific number of sets that are released? Go easy on me, I'm just asking.

I'm not too familiar with the parameters but when a Cuusoo set is released, isn't there a set/specific number of sets that are released? Go easy on me, I'm just asking.

Yes normally something like 10,000 or 20,000 depending on anticipated demand. It is likely that in this case the initial production run sold out very quickly and a delivery date of a new production run has not yet been set.

It looks like the long sold out Architecture Studio is making a come back...

eUInYVV.png

Trust me. You are NOT the normal customer. And typical retail practices are not built entirely with you in mind. Also trust me. "Retiring Soon" and the product disa[earing from the web site are triggered by dates set by th eproduct manager (or whatever the Lego title for the job is). "Out of Stock" and "Sold Out" seem to come from inventory control. And are more automated. I suspect that Out of Stock is used when more product is definitely known to be in the pipeline somewhere. Sold Out is used when they do not yet know if more will become available. It is likely when you see 'Sold Out" that there are no production orders to make new sets. But T:G will often shift product from one area to another depending on demand. So S@H may get a pallet of the given set back from a distribution hub for the Lego Brand stores, if they perceive an excess there. It is not unheard of for a product to go in and out of Sold Out status before being finally retired.

I am VERY glad that Lego uses the different status. When my nephew is trying to decide what sets to buy, sometimes he waits too long to make his decision and the price is increased in his normal haunts. I can send him to the Lego site to find out if the set is simply popular or discontinued. IF it has a statement about next shipment coming XX date then he knows to wait and pay retail. If it is sold out, then it might be reasonable to pay over retail to get it.

You can use Brickset to get the same information but for the whole Lego catalog, not only the few recent ones that Lego lists.

It looks like the long sold out Architecture Studio is making a come back...

Just checked the Lego website for s*'s and giggles, and set 21050 Architecture Studio is baaaaaaaack! and available for sale now (at least in the US) Not sure if I will get one, however

Yes, it is back. And I am not buying it too. Just a bunch of expensive white bricks... :laugh:

^It's not about the bricks but rather the amazing book contained within.

Don't tempt me, please. :laugh:

Well, LEGO S@H had a handful of Star Wars sets on clearance from 25-50% for the past few days. Strangely enough, the ones that Sold Out are no longer on the "Sales and Deals" page and are back on the theme page. Instead of showing the clearance price, they show the original price. The ones that were on clearance and didn't sell out are now back to their original prices on the theme page.

Is this LEGO's way of not rubbing it in to those that missed out on the clearance?

I was noticing too, the 'sale price/sold out' items. I was thinking there must of been a very short window of anything actually selling for the sale price shown, and who knows how long ago it was. It must be like sniping an eBay auction at the last few seconds. I keep checking every day for something I would want to go on sale, but it hasn't happened yet, and I have looked since January! LOL It does so seem fake/rigged to me.

I think the Star Wars sale at the beginning of the month was only partly real, like others have said, maybe there were only a small number of each of the sets available for 50% off, and they were snapped up within minutes of the start of the sale, I was using the list on 'The Brick Fan' site to go by and didn't have a chance. The only things that were available after that first couple minutes were the ones at 10% off, which was about a dollar or two discount...hardly worth it..