Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Talk to the Star Wars Moderators and Regulators

I just wanted to say I think the SW pinned topics currently looks cluttered, there are now 8 pinned topics, 3 of them being indexes, and the one index points to the other 2. :wacko:

Just my observation, along with the announcement, it looks really full.

I just wanted to say I think the SW pinned topics currently looks cluttered, there are now 8 pinned topics, 3 of them being indexes, and the one index points to the other 2. :wacko:

Just my observation, along with the announcement, it looks really full.

I've removed the Announcement so that's one less 'clutter'. The 2011 discussion thread will be unpinned in about 2 months time, but I still prefer the 2012 Discussion, Gen. Questions, and the 3 Indices to remain there. I don't know about the others but it's easier for me go to the specific places I want in this set-up.

I don't know about the others but it's easier for me go to the specific places I want in this set-up.

I find that having all the important threads pined is very helpful, other sub forums are more confusing to navigate, but the most annoying thing about other sub forums is their lack of a proper review index :wink:.

I've removed the Announcement so that's one less 'clutter'. The 2011 discussion thread will be unpinned in about 2 months time, but I still prefer the 2012 Discussion, Gen. Questions, and the 3 Indices to remain there. I don't know about the others but it's easier for me go to the specific places I want in this set-up.

I will admit, I am an overall fan of pinned threads, i just thought it was stating to take over the forum, 2 less should make a noticeable enough difference. :sweet:

Something I've been curious about... when a member is reported, do staff see who made the report?

Edited by fallenangel309

I want to apologize to both of you and aol the SW crew. It caught me off guard and struck me as overkill, but it doesn't even affect me so I should have kept my mouth shut.

Maybe you were doing that to try to get more exposure since the SW blog is on the newer side of things, I don't know and I apologize, I feel like a dog with my tail between his legs. The thing about the internet is you can't take things back, they are out there forever.

I agreed with all your points, but then again I have a baby bottle as a special tag. I do feel that every theme should be treated equally though...and if we must play favorites, the older themes should get more respect.

No need to apologize though, you've been here long enough to say what you feel and it was all valid.

Something I've been curious about... when a member is reported, do staff see who made the report?

Yes, but personally I don't notice who reported who.

I act upon the reports and treat them as just that - reports.

I agreed with all your points, but then again I have a baby bottle as a special tag. I do feel that every theme should be treated equally though...and if we must play favorites, the older themes should get more respect.

No need to apologize though, you've been here long enough to say what you feel and it was all valid.

What are you doing?

Trying to dig up a discussion that's already ended long time ago?

Or just trying to troll around a bit? :laugh:

Noo seriously, why did you comment on this?

We solved the blogger issue a looooong time ago (internet timewise :grin:)

Plus there's so many themes and forums now that equality in design and behaviour is a good idea, but hard to achieve with 20+ staffers working their own areas.

We get around 500+ posts per day and loads of new topics.

Do tell me how we achieve equal treatment without overburding ourselves?

Yes, but personally I don't notice who reported who.

I act upon the reports and treat them as just that - reports.

What are you doing?

Trying to dig up a discussion that's already ended long time ago?

Or just trying to troll around a bit? :laugh:

Noo seriously, why did you comment on this?

We solved the blogger issue a looooong time ago (internet timewise :grin:)

Plus there's so many themes and forums now that equality in design and behaviour is a good idea, but hard to achieve with 20+ staffers working their own areas.

We get around 500+ posts per day and loads of new topics.

Do tell me how we achieve equal treatment without overburding ourselves?

I didnt read the dates, sorry. When a topic is at the top of the list I just assume that all posts on the last page are recent, especially when I'm posting from my phone. It's not like I bumped a dead topic to say something.

I'm not going to undermine the staff with lots of suggestions on how to run the site, I think my only suggestion ever was titling the image tags on hover so I could know what people have accomplished (or in my case, punished for). My issue was just that he seemed embarrassed for voicing an opinion, and I didn't see him getting any support from any other members, so there you go.

Mkay, thanks for clearing that up.

You had me confused for a while there.

The whole Rebel Blogger thing went a little fast and since we're not all online 24-7 then misunderstandings happen.

I'm fairly sure though that Big Cam is ok :grin:

Out of curiosity, why are there so many banned members :look:?

Order 66 or something like that?

Eurobricks is unlike many Internet boards in that Moderators and members alike desire to maintain a relatively composed, well-organized, and user-friendly forum, doing their part to minimize immaturity and/or poor posting. Naturally, that includes chasing away vexers, boors, spammers, and straight-out idiots. This site is without a doubt the best online experience I've had.

[...]

This site is without a doubt the best online experience I've had.

I can confirm that. Whether you're active on a lego forum or a political debate website, there always seem to be people spamming and babble nonsens - both 10-year olds as employed adults. The EB staff has clearly showed they know how to deal with this kind, the result is a helpful and interesting forum; without the requirement to read through al the nonsense. Kudos for that, EB administration.

Edited by Hollander

I must agree with that! I think this is one of the most, no, it's the most organized forum I've ever been to, and since I'm an IT, I've been to many. If you want to see an example of a bad forum, go to the official Starcraft 2 forum .... where good and constructive debates sink very fast but the stupid ones stay on top for there's always enough stupidity to be added to a thread.

Interesting.

Being this basically a "toy forum" I would expect people would take it easier here and not be a drag :sceptic:.

Well, there's always some rotten apples.

It is clearly said when registering that this is an "adult toy forum" not just a "toy forum". Therefor most of the reviews are written in a mature way, without any comments like: this set rules cos it just does, and stuff like that you expect from 13 years old kids. Also most MOCs are of a higher quality and you will always get a fast and appropriate reply if you ask a question. Never something like: "LOL noob, U don't know that?!". This is also how adults prefer it and that's why I think admins here are doing a really great job cleaning the forums. There's plenty of other forums for kids as well, but everyone prefers this one for the amount of information and especially the way it is given! That's also why here and there kids stop by and as far as I know, they've never been banned or pushed away in any way as long as they can behave.

Interesting.

Being this basically a "toy forum" I would expect people would take it easier here and not be a drag :sceptic:.

Well, there's always some rotten apples.

We do take it easy, we just don't like people spamming and adding immature posts. There are enough forums aimed at lego fans of all sort, whether they fancy Star Wars or Lego City. If some folks have the need to post nonsense all the way, they have that ability on tens of other websites, we just don't want them to do it here.

Besides that, even though this is an AFOL forum, anyone younger than eighteen acting mature is welcome as far as I know. It's not like any adults being spammers are tolerated because of their age.

I think the fact that staff encourages clear English plays a part as well. On about nine out of ten Internet forums I've come across the threads look like the people posting in them either had busted keyboards or selective dyslexia. This may also be part of the reason why discussions on Eurobricks can go on longer and become more interesting - if everyone were to post in textspeak, for example, the implied laziness that comes with it would conflict with the necessity of a participant in a debate to properly support his or her points, which is necessary for the discussion to move forward. Not to mention the fact that there's less chance of randomly seeing posts that are formatted in an obtrusive manner, like being right justified with huge spaces in between paragraphs or in green size 7 Arial font and stuffed full of emoticons for no real reason.

Mkay, thanks for clearing that up.

You had me confused for a while there.

The whole Rebel Blogger thing went a little fast and since we're not all online 24-7 then misunderstandings happen.

I'm fairly sure though that Big Cam is ok :grin:

KimT and I are like peas and carrots, ..........except not like that, or even really like vegetables at all. Now that I think about it we are more like two AFOL's on an internet forum who have never actually met, that's a little more like it.

I am not going to comment on the previous discussion because it ended a while ago. All is good in the hood.

Out of curiosity, why are there so many banned members :look:?

Order 66 or something like that?

People do dumb things, those people get banned, there are lots of dumb people in the world.

KimT and I are like peas and carrots, ..........except not like that, or even really like vegetables at all. Now that I think about it we are more like two AFOL's on an internet forum who have never actually met, that's a little more like it.

I am not going to comment on the previous discussion because it ended a while ago. All is good in the hood.

People do dumb things, those people get banned, there are lots of dumb people in the world.

Can I be peas? :laugh:

Yeah people to dumb things and a little of our very own Order18 - which cleans out underaged and immature members every now and then.

There's a hood? Wow!

MF_goodhood_cl.jpg

We should change it to order 69 :tongue:

As for being peas, I think that makes you Jenny. :laugh: and me slightly handicap :sceptic:

We should change it to order 69 :tongue:

As for being peas, I think that makes you Jenny. :laugh: and me slightly handicap :sceptic:

As long as I get to pitch :grin:

Guys, a suggestion, but I really don't know if this is possible with the forum's software. Over at LugBrasil, we have a very interesting feature. If you use the following command line in your post:

[brickset]8097-1[/brickset]

It appears just as 8097 on the body of your post, but when you pass your mouse pointer over the text you see a small thumbnail of that set.

I think it would be a pretty nifty feature to have here, but again, I don't have the foggiest if the software can accept that kind of code.

It probably can, I have no idea how, I'll pass this one to the Roots.

Where are our Star Wars Staff members? I haven't seen Stash in about forever, and KDM hasn't made a (public) post since March 16th. :look: The 2012 Rumors topic is frequently off-topic with posts that should be in Future Star Wars sets and there are promised Community Build tags and Fan Theme tags that other members are waiting for.

I know we're all busy and can't always be online, but I'd hate to see this forum descend into un-moderated chaos.