Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#93: School's Out

"...I must side with you, Umbra. Your family has done me no wrong, and has provided me with work in the past.

That, and Mr. Lorcan strikes me as a tad... xenophobic."

Edited by Endgame

"...I must side with you, Umbra. Your family has done me no wrong, and has provided me with work in the past.

That, and Mr. Lorcan strikes me as a tad... xenophobic."

"He strikes me as beauty-phobic."

If thats a word...

"He strikes me as beauty-phobic."

If thats a word...

"Uhh. I'm sure a word exists, but I learned all of those roots four centuries ago..."

"Hmph. I guess I'll side with the Shadeaux. We were split up at the time, so I wasn't actually involved in saving Lyren."

Amorith returns Thallion's Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz, Scroll of Frailty and Scroll of Sleep.

I will side with the Hinkwells as I have dealt with them in the past.

Amorith also wishes for more experience.

OOC: Erik gave Amorith the lamp because the genies wish was for Erik to pass the lamp to someone who would actually wish for something.

Edited by legobodgers

Amorith also wishes for more experience.

OOC: Erik gave Amorith the lamp because the genies wish was for Erik to pass the lamp to someone who would actually wish for something.

heroicaquest93-djinnifer.jpg

"Ha! You have no right to make wishes from me, bearded elf guy! It was the hairy one - err, the hairier one, that fulfilled my wish, but he was foolish enough to pass me to someone else instead of claiming my wish for himself! So double ha! From you, elf, I wish to be set free so I don't have to deal with you lot anymore! Of course I would grant you your wish before I'd depart, I'm no cheater."

Concerning the choice between the two merchant families, Karie and Amorith gain increased reputation among the Hinckwells while Thalion, Heckz, Sorrow and Erik gain more reputation among the Shadeaux.

More people show up to marvel at the return of the academy, among them the surviving faculty members.

heroicaquest93-end4.jpg

heroicanpc-deanmorrible.jpg

"Oh, it is such a relief to see you all alive! Did you hear about Dean Bumblebore yet? Such a tragedy! The two of us had our disputes, but I would have never thought he would have stooped so low..."

heroicaquest93-npc-claymorafeldspar.jpg

"My, the building sure took some heavy damage... You seem unharmed, though. Lucky you, the ride on the box was the worst few seconds of my life. It chipped my elbows off!"

heroicaquest93-npc-janitorpepestunkent.jpg

"No no no, I'm not going to clean that mess up! The provost can fire me if he wants to, but I won't do it!"

heroicanpc-abbotwatt.jpg

"Ah, heroes! It has been a long while since you sent me home, but I heard that for you it has only been a day. How fascinating! Did you find my artefact? Was it of any use?"

Amidst all the hubbub, someone clears his throat behind the party.

heroicanpc-malastoreldritch.jpg

"Ahem! Wife, it appears you have returned from the Void intact."

Everyone turns to meet a black-clad satyr wizard. Drucilla goes stiff upon seeing him, but walks to him nevertheless.

heroicaquest93-end5.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-profdrucillaeldritch.jpg

"So it is, husband. I apologize for the delay, but I had my workplace to safe."

"No matter. The dinner went cold six months ago, though."

A hint of smile returns to Drucilla's face.

"We better go home and fix us another one, then. But before that... Everyone, I would like you to meet my husband, Malastor Eldritch."

The wizard bows courteously to the heroes and the faculty members.

Thalion turns around and greets Malestor with a bow, "Pleasure to meet you master Eldritch. Thalion Dwinlas."

Hearing what Jinnifer asked of Amorith, Thalion gives him a questioning look, "You are not seriously going to fall for that, are you?"

Lastly he turns towards the members of the faculty, "It is good to be back. Is provost by any chance with you?"

"Good to see you're all safe... And reunited with your family."

Heckz looks at the proffesor.

"The artifact was of use, actually. Here it i-"

Heckz does not look happy as he hears someone referring to Drucilla as 'wife'. He looks at the man, and produces a fake smile. A really, really fake smile.

"Hello there!"

He says angrily. He looks at the satyr's mighty staff.

"Umm, is there any reason to carry such a humongous staff or what."

Didn't she say she drifted apart from him? After all this time...

Heckz gives the Artifact back to Proffesor Watt.

QM Note: I'm going to keep the farewells rolling in a few big chunks, but feel free to adress any NPC even if they've left the scene. We can afford to bend the continuity a little like that. :wink:

"Hi."

The satyr frowns at Karie's nonchalant greeting.

"Is that any way to greet your elders, Young Miss?"

"Forgive her, husband. She is used to spending time with different circles from ours."

Thalion turns around and greets Malestor with a bow, "Pleasure to meet you master Eldritch. Thalion Dwinlas."

"A pleasure to meet someone with manners, Master Dwinlas. I understand you and your troupe are responsible from saving my wife? For that, the Eldritch bloodline owes you our gratitude."

"Husband, please..." Drucilla's uneasiness returns.

Lastly he turns towards the members of the faculty, "It is good to be back. Is provost by any chance with you?"

heroicanpc-deanmorrible.jpg

"I'm afraid not, but he should be on his way. He has a tendency of being tardy, as you might have noticed..."

"Umm, is there any reason to carry such a humongous staff or what."

"Is this really the time to compare our rods, Young Sir?"

]Heckz gives the Artifact back to Proffesor Watt.[/b]

heroicanpc-abbotwatt.jpg

"By all means, keep it! If demons keep invading our city at this rate, we'll end up like Nu Mercution in no time. We've got to have something to fight them back."

Aunt Hymnessamine claps her hands to get attention.

heroicaquest93-npc-aunthymnessamine.jpg

"I am so happy you came to meet us, everyone! Might I suggest we make our way to the Gilded Cockatrice to raise a glass to the memory of our beloved colleagues, Pleiades and Hawke. May they rest in Danab's bosom."

heroicaquest93-npc-drhuginbrimstone.jpg

"I like the sound of that!"

heroicaquest93-npc-syriofioretto.jpg

"Just remember the point is to drink to their memory, Hugin, not drink to forget they ever existed."

heroicaquest93-npc-aunthymnessamine.jpg

"You're welcome to join us later, dearies, once you're done here", Aunt Hymnessamine says to the heroes. "Drucilla, Lord Eldritch, will you be coming?"

Drucilla shifts her eyes between her colleagues and husband.

"I... would love to, but I think I need to go home now."

The other faculty members depart for the tavern while Malastor offers his arm to his wife, and begins to walk her home.

More familiar faces emerge from the crowd, some of them carrying white lilies. The Gothics approach the heroes in a somber group.

heroicaquest93-end6.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-gothic-hel.jpg

"Noel. Glad you're not dead yet. I would've hated to miss the chance for a romantic double suicide."

heroicanpc-valentineziegfried2.jpg

"I hope that was just some twisted joke, Hél", Valentine gasps in shock.

heroicanpc-noelziegfried.jpg

"Chill out, mom! You're embarrassing me in front of my friends!"

heroicaquest93-npc-gothic-vicalyn.jpg

"Hey, we brought these flowers for Mort, or whatever."

heroicanpc-noelziegfried.jpg

"Thanks, Vicalyn. He'll always be a part of our evil scheme to rule the world. Hey, we should ask my great-aunt to raise him as a zombie!"

heroicaquest93-npc-gothic-crowley.jpg

"Caw! She can do that?! Your family is the best, Noel!"

The Gothics take the lilies to the stairs and begin a plot to raise Mort. The Midgets then come forward, with Carrot in their lead.

heroicaquest93-end7.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-midget-carrot.jpg

"Hi guys! Cool to smell you again! Look, we bought these flowers with the money I stole from the Demon Door!"

heroicaquest93-npc-midget-siobhan.jpg

"Aye! They're fer Broín. Poor lad..."

heroicaquest93-npc-midget-gimbur.jpg

"Why did I have to carry these flowers?! I'm afraid they're going to spring to life and eat me!"

heroicaquest93-npc-midget-erin.jpg

"Grow a beard, Gimbur! At least Carrot had the gaul to fight the demons."

heroicaquest93-npc-midget-janeane.jpg

"I picked them. Do you think they're pretty?"

heroicaquest93-npc-midget-willow.jpg

"Not nearly as pretty as you, Janeane."

heroicaquest93-npc-midget-janeane.jpg

"Tehehe! Willow, you're making me blush!"

"Quit it, you horndogs! We're supposed to have a sobby moment here!"

The Midgets take the flowers next to the other ones on the stairs while the remaining Pointers come to the party, chanting a haunting song.

heroicaquest93-end8.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-pointer-egolas.jpgheroicaquest93-npc-pointer-utulie.jpgheroicaquest93-npc-pointer-shannath.jpgheroicaquest93-npc-pointer-feldir.jpg

"E môr henion i dhu:

Ely siriar, êl síla.

Tiriel arad 'ala môr

minnon i dhû-sad oltha.

Tiro! El eria e môr

I 'lir en êl luitha 'uren.

I lacha en naur e-chun

Síla, éria, brónia."

The elves halt at the bottom of the stairs.

heroicaquest93-npc-pointer-egolas.jpg

"We bring these lilies of death to you, beautiful Caloriel. May they bring you happiness in the Gardens of Galadrya and Celebryon."

heroicaquest93-npc-pointer-utulie.jpgheroicaquest93-npc-pointer-shannath.jpgheroicaquest93-npc-pointer-feldir.jpg

"May you rest in the Gardens of Galadrya and Celebryon."

"Gee, the Pointers really know how to make a show out of everything..."

Other students gather around the party as well. Among them the heroes can spot the three girls that got enthralled by the brightness of the Void, Olivar who wanted his mommy, and Leigh who turned out to be the heroes' huge admirer. One girl stepped forward with white lilies in her hands.

heroicaquest93-end9.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-student-joy.jpg

"Ixion now rests with his forebearers in Mopag Village. I don't know how to thank you enough for sending him over to us. I have had almost half a year to recover from my loss, but I will never forget my brother. These flowers are for his memory." Joy looks up to the ruined Academy. "To you, Ixion."

The crowd stands silent apart from sobs and sneezes.

Seeing too many people to respond to at once, I simply shrug, nod, and say:

"Good to see everyone is alright."

Heckz sees way too many ugly people, so a tear rolls down his cheek knowing that such ugliness exists.

He turns to the party.

"I don't know about you people, but I think I'll be joining the teachers in their drinking. The hall is just filled with smelly and creepy people."

Heckz sees way too many ugly people, so a tear rolls down his cheek knowing that such ugliness exists.

He turns to the party.

"I don't know about you people, but I think I'll be joining the teachers in their drinking. The hall is just filled with smelly and creepy people."

I cough audibly.

I cough audibly.

"Not you though, the other smelly creepy people. Like that one metal man, too much junk on his head."

"...I suppose that's a consolation.

You've actually gotten better about this whole tolerance thing."

Erik smiles and nods to the procession of people parading by.

After Malastor Eldritch leaves, he turns to Heckz. "He really did have a big staff, didn't he? I wonder what the skull came from. And I'm surprised he didn't have something on the bottom, to balance it out."

He sees Amorith having difficulties with the genie.

"Hmph, maybe give me that lamp back and we'll see if I can still get the Experience wish. If that doesn't work, I'll see if she has another wish for me to fulfill."

Erik smiles and nods to the procession of people parading by.

After Malastor Eldritch leaves, he turns to Heckz. "He really did have a big staff, didn't he? I wonder what the skull came from. And I'm surprised he didn't have something on the bottom, to balance it out."

"I bet it's for compensating. He must have another little wand..."

OOC: Can Amorith give the lamp to Erik, let him have a wish and then pass it back to Amorith?

QM Note: Why don't you give it a try and see what happens?

Amidst the gloomy crowd begins an upbeat cheer.

heroicaquest93-npc-chirl-amanda.jpgheroicaquest93-npc-chirl-melissa2.jpg

"Gimme 'H'! Gimme 'E'! Gimme 'R'! Gimme 'O'! Gimme 'I'! Gimme 'C'! Gimme 'A'! What've I got? Heeeeeroica!!! Woohoo!!!"

The Chirls hop and skip their way to the heroes, followed by their boyfriends, the Fonzies.

heroicaquest93-end10.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-chirl-melissa2.jpg

"There you are! Did you like our cheer?"

heroicaquest93-npc-chirl-amanda.jpg

"We're like totally grateful that you saved us! Sorry that I acted like a total bitch back then. You're sorry as well, aren't you Cayenne?"

heroicaquest93-npc-fonzie-cayenne.jpg

"Yeah, I guess so."

heroicaquest93-npc-fonzie-mustard.jpg

"Our parents wanted you to get this gold as a reward. They also wanted me to start dressing all proper, but they can't get all they want, heh."

Mustard hands the heroes a sack containing 200 gold. Next come the Foureyes, with Nuitan in tow.

heroicaquest93-end11.jpg

heroicanpc-nuitanshadeaux.jpg

"D-don't mind the d-d-ditzes and do-do-doofuses. All t-th-they c-can think of is t-th-themselves."

heroicaquest93-npc-foureyes-leela.jpg

"How utterly insensitive of them to come hollering and cheering here!"

heroicaquest93-npc-foureyes-jobs.jpg

"But we are here to express our uttermost gratitude."

heroicaquest93-npc-foureyes-harry.jpg

"Thou hath certainly made our kin overjoyed. As the saying goes in Ancient Lylzuhylzu..."

heroicaquest93-npc-foureyes-padme.jpg

"Ahem! What Harry means is that you saved a bunch of rich kids, so you're going to be richer for it."

heroicaquest93-npc-foureyes-zuckerberg.jpg

"And we Foureyes hold the future in our hands. They may bully us at school, but one day the tables will turn! We will be the leaders of the future!"

heroicaquest93-npc-foureyes-sheldon.jpg

"Yes indeed! Knowledge is power!"

heroicanpc-nuitanshadeaux.jpg

"One d-day, my f-f-friends. But before that, we h-have to settle for being r-r-rich."

Nuitan and the other Foureyes give the heroes 350 gold more. The Greenies approach the heroes next.

heroicaquest93-end12.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-greenie-arges.jpg

"Hey there! We came to say thanks for saving our megablocks back there. You're not the sissies I first thought you were."

heroicaquest93-npc-greenie-krasch.jpg

"Umm, Professor Eldritch still mad at Krasch for breaking lantern?"

heroicaquest93-npc-greenie-nugwug.jpg

"Krasch must get over lantern! Nugwug tired of hearing about damned lantern! Krasch not cool."

heroicaquest93-npc-greenie-gnobble.jpg

"Yay, that means me has finally has a chance!"

heroicaquest93-npc-greenie-qurm.jpg

"Ha! Qurm make move first, goblin!"

heroicaquest93-npc-greenie-nugwug.jpg

"Boys shut up now! Nugwug not a hunting trophy!"

heroicaquest93-npc-greenie-arges.jpg

"Just ignore those clowns. Here's a token of our tribes' appreciation."

Arges hands the heroes 250 gold as a bonus reward. The final group of students to visit the heroes are the Rogues. They look hesitant to even approach the heroes at all.

heroicaquest93-end13.jpg

heroicaquest93-npc-rogue-grantbullsworth.jpg

"Our folks made us come here and say sorry or something."

heroicaquest93-npc-rogue-tyrocksom.jpg

"I guess we let power get into our heads a little..."

heroicaquest93-npc-rogue-glimmerminegold.jpg

"I wouldn't have blamed you if you'd just left us there."

heroicaquest93-npc-rogue-reetagreaves.jpg

"Lets just admit that we were being idiots. I don't know what we were thinking, kidnapping Dean Morrible like that..."

heroicaquest93-npc-rogue-carybullsworth.jpg

"But boy was it fun!" The youngest Rogue gets angry glares from the others. "...For as long as it lasted, I mean."

heroicaquest93-npc-rogue-grantbullsworth.jpg

"Yeah, anyway... The Bullsworths, the Rocksoms, the Minegolds and the Greaveses send their regards."

Grant Bullsworth tosses a sack containing 250 gold to the heroes.

In total, the party gains 1050 extra gold for saving four complete student factions.

As evening falls, the crowd starts to disperse. Sorsha, Carrot and the Ziegfrieds also bid their farewell, until only the heroes and the Town Watch are left on the scene. The watchmen already begin to take out the fences built around the academy when the heroes finally see a familiar man in a rectangular hat running down the street.

heroicaquest93-end14.jpg

heroicanpc-darlavonlector2.jpg

"I *huff* apologize *puff* for my *wheeze* tardiness", Provost Lector says as he gasps for breath. "I got caught in my studies, and only got the message that the Academy has returned a moment ago. But what a wreck it is! Well, Pepe has his work cut out for him... What about your mission, heroes? What caused the disappearance? Did the others make it out alive?"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"We counted six casualties among the faculty and students, dear Provost. Added to that was a charred body we discovered from the Atrium. Now would be the time to give your full report, dear champions."

The provost and the detective look at the heroes with expectation.

"Jonah Carpenter was the source of the school's dissappearance - father of Isabeau Carpenter, a student who was molested, killed, and disposed of by one of your own staff. Jonah had encountered archdemon Marilith the Vengeful, and the two had formed a pact so that Jonah could exact revenge. Jonah's mind and body was consumed, the school ovveran by demons. We killed demons, sent as many students as we could home, and then put Jonah's corpse out of its misery.

That's more or less it. Six lives were lost, total, of my memory isn't betraying me.

Provost? I expect disciplinary actions to be exacted from now on. I expect you to do what you can to abolish those cliques. Because of those cliques, nearly each and every one of those children died in that school. Not even a half dozen would listen to reason. So, Provost, if you really need incentive to actually govern your pupils, may I remind you that your entire student body dying because of clique wars would be impossible for you to censor?

But what's done is done. It coul've been better... But it could've been a lot worse.

Now, if you would excuse the play on words: Are we dismissed?"

Edited by Endgame

Karie shakes her head in disagreement towards her grandfather.

"I don't think that's everything I want to hear, Sorrow. Provost, something is missing from the picture, mainly you. I became aware of this shortly after entering the school, that you were the only one to escape. How is it that you, and you alone, out of all the faculty and students, managed to escape?

Further more, the faculty made it more than clear that you seem so intent on keeping the death of one Isabeau Carpenter under the proverbial rug. Why?"

Karie glared at the provost, trying to read him.

Edited by Kintobor

"Karie, you have a good point on the first count... But the second is just pure reputation issues, I'd imagine."

"Master Sorrow is absolutely correct, and I would only like to add two things; that there were some disturbing things we learned inside the academy that need to be prosecuted further. And that we found several artifacts of possibly demonic origin, including that lamp," he points to Jinnifer's Lamp, "that, in my humble opinion, should be destroyed in order to avoid future disasters."