Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#93: School's Out

"Heckz, I could give you a Nostrum and Mead, if you'd like."

heroicanpc-sorshathesavage.jpg

"BUT..." Sorsha's eyes swoll up with tears. "BUT HOW WILL I MAKE SURE YOU'LL GOING TO BE ALRIGHT, KARIE?!"

Karie's not sure how to respond to Sorcha's plea. She can start to feel herself almost choke up. She ponders for a few seconds that seem to go on forever for her. Nothing really comes to her though. In the end, she decides a more physical response would be appropriate. Karie hugs Sorcha.

"I'll be alright, Sorcha. I'm going to be okay."

For that one moment Karie let her persona slip. Karie was unsure of what lay in wait in the atrium. She began to question if she was coming back from this. She had too... there was so much more she wanted in life.

"Yes please. I've been thirsty this whole time."

Heckz drinks Sorrow's Mead and Nostrum.

"Syrio use that essence on, I dunno, ME."

"I'll be alright, Sorcha. I'm going to be okay."

Sorsha hugs Karie tightly, nearly breaking her ribs.

heroicanpc-noelziegfried.jpg

"Alright, big girl. I'll get you and Carrot on your way home just as soon as someone gives me some ether."

I hand Noel two tonics.

"Drink up."

QM Note: I still have to wait for legobodger's input before launching the final battle. Please check that everything is in order.

Syrio gives his Fenghuang Essence to Heckz, and the sorcerer greedily consumes it, becoming temporarily immortal. Noel drinks the two tonics Sorrow gives him. The two girls then climb into the big box (which was conveniently in the same room the party was) and are whisked to safety.

heroicaquest93-npc-profdrucillaeldritch.jpg

"You made the right decision. I would have preferred to see Young Master Ziegfried sent to safety as well, but due to the circumstances we will have to do it the hard way."

Party:

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo
(legobodgers)

324 year old elven Sage

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to Stunned, Blinded, Sealed, Blessed and
Light
* *Circle of Mages*

Power:
(21+10+1)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
31/31
(5+20+6)

Ether:
5/32
(5+20+2+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of Light (WP:10), Crow Cursed Cloak (SP:6), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3 max ether +5, immune to sealed), Unholy Parasol (Grants immunity to light, stunned, blinded, sealed and blessed; accessory)

Inventory:
Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Aquamarine (
Water
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Garnet (
Earth
), Diamond (
Light
), 2 Amethysts (
Darkness
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, 4 Potions, 7 Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Remedies, Elixir, Newtralizer (Like a neutralizer but with a 'w' instead of a 'u'), Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrums, 4 Mead, 2 Mulled Wines, Ambrosia, Venom, Ice Bomb, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Bedroll, Banana (Restores full health to the user; consumable)

use.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
(Myrddyn)

19 years old male human Shaman

Level 22
*Immune to
Fragile
*Restoration*
*Triple damage to demons*

Power:
(22+13)

Defense:

Health:
44/44
(8+21+9+5+1)

Ether:
6/23
(1+21+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Voltedge (WP: 13,
Lightning
-elemental; greatsword/longsword), Lighter Armor (SP:4, immune to
fragile
-effect; bodywear), Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear), Helmet (Max. Health +1, headwear),

Inventory:
Titanic Axe (WP:11,
Earth
- abd
Light
-elemental, has 1/6 chance of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Silver Cup of Victory (WP:10; has 1/6 chance of causing doomed; club), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, causes asleep-effect, instrument), Plunger (WP:2; 1/2 chance to cause sudden death to an aquatic enemy with each hit; club) Chair (WP:4, club), 3 Torches (WP:2,
fire
-elemental, breaks after one use, suitable to all), Peacekeeper's Totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory), Talisman of Enlightenment (Protects from hexed-effect; accessory), 4 Tonics, Ether Core, Remedy, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Nostrum, Venom, Gold Statuette (Worth 100 gold)

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
, the Ghostbuster and the Super Sleuth (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer *Party Leader*

Level 22
*Immune to
Sealed
* *Triple Damage Against Demons*
*Encouraged*
*Lucky*
*Auto-Revived*

Power:
(22+12)
(
Spellpower:
(22+12+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(5+21+4)

Ether:
10/33
(5+21+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darkstar Wand (WP:12; has 1/2 chance of inflicting hexed-effect;
darkness
-elemental wand), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory)

Inventory:
Lovelorn Wand (WP:6, deals
enamored
-effect), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Earthen Drum (WP:9,
earth
-elemental instrument), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Wyrd Shield (SP:4, prevents ether reduction; suitable to mystic knights and paladins), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Ruby Slippers (Can teleport the wearer anywhere they've already been to; footwear), Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), 2 Amethysts (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Ruby (
Fire
), 2 Aquamarines (
Water
), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Soma, Seth Bomb (Causes 100 darkness-elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Shovel, Wicked Perfume (Makes all male humanoid enemies enamored to the user, but makes all female humanoid enemies encouraged; consumable), Blue Jelly, 6 Bones

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask
(Kintobor)

22 years old female human Witch

Level 25
*Money Maker*
Poisonous
Attacks* *Immune to Hexed*
*Lucky*

Power:
(25+11)

Defense
: 2

Health:
41/41
(7+24+8+2)

Ether:
28/31
(1+24+4+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lowers the target's level by 1; coils around the user's arm and mimics a tattoo outside of battle; whip), Glittering Dress (The user's job traits are replaced with those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee and Money Maker; suitable to women only; bodywear), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Paper Doll (immunity to hexed; accessory)

Inventory:
Spring Staff (WP:12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount;
water
-elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP:10,
fire
-elemental staff), Doppleganger (WP:10; Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on to the targeted enemy on successful hits; longsword), Sexy (WP: 8, disregards SP; longsword), Rusty Dagger (WP:2; deals Poisoned by 10 effect, breaks after 3 hits), Angelic Trumpet (WP:5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant’s Guitar (WP:5, user is lucky, instrument), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear), Medal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience from battles. accessory), Skull Mask (SP:1, wearer can pose as undead; headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Changes user's appearance into an Elf; accessory), Ruby (
Fire
), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Newtity (Turns target into a newt for 1 round; costs 10 ether; usable by ex-Amphibians only), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song), Potion, 2 Grand Potions, Tonic, 2 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, 9 Venoms, Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), 2 Love Potions (Makes target enamoured with user for three rounds), Tasty Pretzel (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), 5 Herbal Infusions (Remove negative effects and cause blessed- and transcended-effects), Telescope, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

ava-sorrow.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 29 1/3
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded* *Shark Jaw Scythe:
Poisoned by 10
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*
*Reinforced*

Power:
(29+15+2)

Defense:
(1+6)

Health:
40/40
(7+28+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. aquatic monsters), Armor of the Croise (SP:1, +2 power; bodywear), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Reaper’s Scythe (WP:33, damages only humanoids; suitable to assassins only; scythe), Longsword (WP: 5), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Dark Cloak (SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians; backwear), Archer's Hat (Power +1, suitable for rangers; headwear), Disguise Kit (Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender; accessory), Helmet (Max. Health +1, headwear), 2x Greaves (SP:2, immunity to slowed and hastened; footwear), Ruby (
Fire
), 2 Grand Potions, 2 Health Cores, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Ambrosia, 2 Venoms, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Sunset Shimmer (quest item),Djinnifer's Magic Lamp (quest item)

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas
, the Super Sleuth (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level 27 2/3
*Immune to Fragile, Sealed, Poisoned, Bleeding*
*Lucky*

Power:
(27+13)

Defense
: 7
(3+4)

Health:
35/35
(5+26+4)

Ether:
15/42
(5+26+1+5+5)

Gold
: 340

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether; staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to
Sealed
; bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile
; headwear), Sterile Gloves (Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
; handwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Batarang (WP:13
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow [-], melee/throwing weapon), Party Maracas (WP:4, user is hastened, instrument), Ribcage Shield (SP:9; every time the wielder takes a hit, the shield loses one SP; gives immunity to doomed and sudden death for as long the shield has SP left)

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
; headwear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle; backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear)

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep

Consumables:
Ether Core, 3 Remedies, Elixir, Mead, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Copy of The Eubric Herald (Gives the target the
transcended
- and
inspired
-effects for the duration of one battle), Venom, Smoke Bomb

Tools
: Magic Compass, Shovel, Bedroll

Noel Ziegfried
, male "Gothic"(NPC, controlled by legobodgers)

15 years old male half-elven Mage

Level 14 1/2
*Immune to Free Hits and
Water

Power:
(14+9)

Defense:

Health:
19/19
(5+13+1)

Ether:
9/19
(5+13+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to
Water
; bodywear)

Inventory:
Pointy Cap (Max. health +1, Max. ether +1; immunity to sealed; usable by Noel only; headwear), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Scroll of Blinding, Potion, Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Big Box (Summon to cause 50 damage and stunned-effect to the target at the cost of 5 ether), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee a battle once), Herbal Infusion (Remove negative effects and cause blessed- and transcended-effects)

Professor Drucilla Eldritch
, Magic & Healing (NPC, controlled by legobodgers)

31 years old female human Archmage

Level 43 4/5
*Arcane Wisdom*
*Circle of Mages* *Immune to Sealed*

Power:
(43+1)
(
Spellpower
: 88
(43+45)
)

Defense
: 3

Health:
40/57
(5+42+10)

Ether:
29/62
(5+42+10+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Eldritch Wand (WP:1, Spellpower: 45; suitable to members of the Eldritch family only; wand), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect, suitable for mages, clerics and necromancers.)

Inventory:
Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Garnet (
Earth
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ether Core, Laterna Magica (Pierces through enchanted darkness, causing blindness to whoever it hits at the cost of 1 ether)

heroicaquest93-npc-aunthymnessamine.jpg

Aunt Hymnessamine
, Music & Religion (NPC, controlled by -obelix-)

44 years old female human Minstrel

Level 38
*Hits Restore Ether* *Immune to Poisoned, Cursed, Blinded and
Darkness

Power:
(38+10)

Defense:

Health:
57/57
(9+37+11)

Ether:
19/46
(5+37+4)

Gold:

Equipment:
Epic Saxophone (WP:10, each successful hit restores 1 ether, instrument), Sister's Hood (SP:2, immune to poisoned and cursed; suitable to Sisters of Danab only; headwear), Blue-rimmed Glasses (Immune to darkness and blinded; suitable to near-sighted people only; accessory)

Inventory:
Hundred Hero Hymn (Battle Song that gives Inspired-effect to all allies for as long as the song is sung at the cost of 10 ether per round), Grand Potion

heroicaquest93-npc-syriofioretto.jpg

Syrio Fioretto
, Combat & Warfare (NPC, controlled by Cutcobra)

62 years old male Ombrazzi Marauder

Level 46
*Agility*
*Nimble*
*Immune to
Darkness
and
Light

Power:
63 & 58
(46+17 & 46+12)

Defense:

Health:
70/70
(10+45+15)

Gold:

Equipment:
Crepuscolo (WP:17 longsword), Alba (WP:12 longsword), Ombracian Hat (SP:3, immunity to darkness and light, suitable to Syrio only; headwear), Mist Cape (Wearer becomes nimble and has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; backwear)

Inventory:

heroicaquest93-npc-drhuginbrimstone.jpg

Doctor Hugin Brimstone
, Arithmetics & Alchemy (NPC, controlled by Kintobor)

198 years old male dwarven Alchemist

Level 38 3/4

Power:
(38+5)

Health:
56/56
(9+37+10)

Gold:

Equipment:
Twin Axe (WP:5,
darkness
-elemental dual strike-axe)

Inventory:
Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3)

Missing: 0/73

Found: 73/73

Saved: 62/73

Dead: 6/73

OOC: You forgot to add the fifty gold to Sorrow and Karie's inventory. Also, Karie should be lucky, and down a Grand Tonic and a Nostrum. :wink:

"You were a great help, Sorsha. We couldn't have gotten this far without you." Erik calls, as his fellow barbarian is carried away in the box.

He places his Helmet on his head, before looking at his peacekeepers totem.

Erik thinks back to all the people he's seen killed by the schools demons, and the Dean's horrible story. "The time for diplomacy has passed." He whispers. All the memories start to bring up other memories of death; of his parents, of the creations of the Maginastra, of the young Proggs, of Daxus, of Rorik, and of one emotion he had tried to suppress. Rage.

He passes Voltedge to Hugin, and cradles his Titanic Axe in his arms, whispering to it. "You did great with Sorsha. I'll have to get the Fox to teach me some of that stuff. I shouldn't have wasted time having him teach me healing, should I? Should've learnt that fancy footwork stuff. Runnin' around, hitting everyone. Tell you how I'll make it up to you? We're gonna smash some demon heads in."

He takes a practise swing, getting used to the weight of his heaviest axe after using much lighter weapons for so long.

"We're ready."

"Now, I've waited far too long for my golden reward. Two hours, to be exact. No one keeps my precious eyes up for two hours in the night. I need my beauty sleep."

Heckz held his hand in the air, the fireball in it looked far more powerful due to Watt's Artifact.

"Let's kill us some uglies."

Heckz lead the party inside the Atrium.

Finally the party is ready to enter the Atrium. Señor Calacas gives them a silent bow as they march past him and through the doors leading into the inner yard. As soon as they open them, they are met with searing heat. A man stands in the middle of the flames that have taken over the scorched Atrium.

heroicaquest93-atrium.jpg

But the man's eyes are not human, nor is his voice when he speaks. The voice is distantly feminine, and each word burns the listeners.

heroicaquest93-npc-jonahcarpenter.jpg

"Congratulations are in order, it seems. You have made it this far, foiling my plans to restore my strength and return to take my place among the princes of Azazot. Six tormented souls just isn't enough, as tasty as they were. But now you have come to serve yourselves on a silver platter. I will truly enjoy feasting on you, after all the horrors you have just witnessed."

"This man... He is the father of Isabeau Carpenter, who sought justice for her daughter."

"Ah yes... If it wasn't for this poor soul's burning will to revenge, I would not have even made it here. I found this slobbering, hollow shell of a man on an alley of Eubric, and promised him vengeance. I was his last hope, and through that will alone I was able to transfer this entire building and everyone on it to the Void, where my loyal servants could cook up the souls ripe enough for plucking. You were mighty enough to defeat all of them, I grant you that, but can you face your worst enemies?"

The flames around the man begin to ripple, and the heroes start to see their own reflections in them. The reflections suddenly jump to life, twisted and distorted and eager to fight.

"Yourselves!"

PREPARE FOR THE FINAL BATTLE!

Enemies:

Jonah Carpenter

*Fire-elemental attacks*

Type: Humanoid/Fiery

Level: 35

Health: 500/500

Special:
Demon Within
– The demon inside Jonah is brought forward, consuming Jonah himself.

Drops: nothing

heroicaquest93-mirroramorith.jpg

Mirror Amorith

*Immune to stunned, blinded, sealed, blessed and
light

Type: Humanoid/Dark

Level: 21

Defense: 9

Health: 310/310

Ether: 16/16

Special:
Magical Vortex
– Causes 42 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance to all opponents AND restores 42 health to all allies, at the total cost of 2 ether. If ether is at zero, nothing happens.

Drops: Sage’s Mitre (Power +2, Max. Ether +4, suitable for sages; headwear.)

Note: As a Free Hit, Mirror Amorith EITHER casts a spell causing 42 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance OR restores 42 health to the ally with the lowest health, both at the cost of 1 ether (unless his ether is at zero or he is sealed).

heroicaquest93-mirrorerik.jpg

Mirror Erik

*Immune to fragile*

Level: 22

Defense: 4

Health: 440/440

Ether: 12/12

Special:
Blood Ritual
– Depletes all remaining health from the target, knocking it out, and restores health to all allies equal to the depleted health.

Drops: Shamanic Plate (Max. Health +2, Max. Ether +2;
Blood Ritual
does double damage to the target; suitable for shamans; bodywear)

Note: As a Free Hit, Mirror Erik restores 44 health to the ally with the lowest health at the cost of 1 ether (unless his ether is at zero or he is sealed).

heroicaquest93-mirrorheckz.jpg

Mirror Heckz

*Immune to sealed*

Level: 22

Defense: 3

Health: 300/300

Ether: 17/17

Special:
Razzmatazz
– Causes 54 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance and the stunned-effect to all opponents at the cost of 1 ether. Also steals gold from each opponent equal to their level. If ether is at zero, only the gold will be stolen.

Drops: Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including
Razzmatazz
and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Note: As a Free Hit, Mirror Heckz casts a spell causing 44 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance at the cost of 1 ether (unless his ether is at zero or he is sealed).

heroicaquest93-mirrorkarie.jpg

Mirror Karie

*Poisonous attacks*
*Immune to hexed*

Level: 25

Defense: 2

Health: 410/410

Ether: 16/16

Special:
Mass Hallucination
– Has a 1/2 chance of causing the hexed-effect to each opponent at the cost of 1 ether. Also steals gold from each hexed opponent equal to their level. If ether is at zero, nothing happens.

Drops: Witch’s Talisman (Makes the witch’s poisonous attacks cause poisoned by 10-effect instead of poisoned by 1; suitable for witches; accessory.)

Note: Mirror Karie’s physical attacks cause poisoned by 1-effect. As a Free Hit, Mirror Karie restores 50 health to the ally with the lowest health at the cost of 1 ether (unless her ether is at zero or she is sealed).

heroicaquest93-mirrorsorrow.jpg

Mirror Sorrow

*Lethal attacks* *Immune to
light
and blinded*

Level: 29

Defense: 7

Health: 400/400

Special:
Grim Reaper
– Has a 1/6 chance of causing sudden death to each opponent. Also steals gold from each opponent equal to their level.

Drops: Death Mask (Increases assassination chances to 1/3 when the target’s health is lowered to 1/3; suitable to assassins; headwear)

Note: Mirror Sorrow’s physical attacks have 1/6 chance of causing sudden death to the target.

heroicaquest93-mirrorthalion.jpg

Mirror Thalion

*Immune to fragile, sealed, poisoned, bleeding*

Level: 27

Defense: 7

Health: 350/350

Ether: 21/21

Special:
Razzmatazz
– Causes 54 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance and the stunned-effect to all opponents at the cost of 1 ether. Also steals gold from each opponent equal to their level. If ether is at zero, only the gold will be stolen.

Drops: Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Note: As a Free Hit, Mirror Heckz casts a spell causing 54 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance at the cost of 1 ether (unless his ether is at zero or he is sealed).

heroicaquest93-mirrornoel.jpg

Mirror Noel

*Immune to
water

Level: 14

Defense: 1

Health: 190/190

Ether: 10/10

Special:
Magic Burst
– Causes 28 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance to all opponents at the cost of 1 ether. If ether is at zero, nothing happens.

Drops: Magician’s Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable to mages; handwear)

Note: As a Free Hit, Mirror Heckz casts a spell causing 28 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance at the cost of 1 ether (unless his ether is at zero or he is sealed).

heroicaquest93-mirrordrucilla.jpg

Mirror Drucilla

*Immune to sealed*

Level: 43

Health: 570/570

Ether: 31/31

Special:
Magic Cataclysm
– Causes 86 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance to all opponents at the cost of 1 ether. If ether is at zero, nothing happens.

Drops: Robe of the Eldritch Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +6, Spellpower +3; suitable to archmages; bodywear)

Note: As a Free Hit, Mirror Drucilla casts a spell causing 86 darkness-elemental damage regardless of distance to all opponents at the cost of ether equal to the number of opponents (unless her ether is at zero or she is sealed).

heroicaquest93-mirroraunthymnessamine.jpg

Mirror Hymnessamine

*Hits restore ether* *Immune to poisoned, cursed, blinded and
darkness

Level: 38

Defense: 2

Health: 570/570

Ether: 23/23

Special:
Sound of Music
– Grants either encouraged-, hastened-, lucky-, blessed-, transcended- or reinforced-effect to all allies at an ether cost equal to the number of allies. If ether is at zero, nothing happens.

Drops: Encore Plectrum (If the same Battle Song is sung for more than one round in a row, the song’s ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable to minstrels; accessory.)

Note: Mirror Hymnessamine’s physical attacks restore her ether by 1.

heroicaquest93-mirrorsyrio.jpg

Mirror Syrio

*Dual strike* *Nimble* *Immune to
darkness
and
light

Level: 46

Health: 700/700

Special:
Slice & Dice
– Cause 46 damage regardless of defense and the slowed-effect to both the target and the opponent next in turn.

Drops: Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear)

Note: Mirror Syrio physical attacks cause 46 damage to both the target and the opponent next in turn. Mirror Syrio has a 1/3 chance to avoid physical attacks.

heroicaquest93-mirrorhugin.jpg

Mirror Hugin

Level: 38

Health: 560/560

Special:
Mixture
– Causes EITHER 30 damage to all opponents, restores 300 health to all allies, OR removes all temporary effects from both opponents and allies.

Drops: Rubber Gloves (For
Mixture
, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear)

Party:

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo
(legobodgers)

324 year old elven Sage

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to Stunned, Blinded, Sealed, Blessed and
Light
* *Circle of Mages*
*Encouraged*
*Lucky*

Power:
(21+10+1)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
31/31
(5+20+6)

Ether:
15/32
(5+20+2+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of Light (WP:10), Crow Cursed Cloak (SP:6), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3 max ether +5, immune to sealed), Unholy Parasol (Grants immunity to light, stunned, blinded, sealed and blessed; accessory)

Inventory:
Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Aquamarine (
Water
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Garnet (
Earth
), Diamond (
Light
), 2 Amethysts (
Darkness
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, 4 Potions, 5 Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Remedies, Elixir, Newtralizer (Like a neutralizer but with a 'w' instead of a 'u'), 3 Meads, Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 2 Mulled Wines, Ambrosia, Venom, Ice Bomb, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Bedroll, Banana (Restores full health to the user; consumable)

use.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
(Myrddyn)

19 years old male human Shaman

Level 22
*Immune to
Fragile
*Restoration*

Power:
(22+11)

Defense:

Health:
44/44
(8+21+9+5+1)

Ether:
6/23
(1+21+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Titanic Axe (WP:11,
Earth
- abd
Light
-elemental, has 1/6 chance of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Lighter Armor (SP:4, immune to
fragile
-effect; bodywear), Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear), Helmet (Max. Health +1, headwear),

Inventory:
Silver Cup of Victory (WP:10; has 1/6 chance of causing doomed; club), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, causes asleep-effect, instrument), Plunger (WP:2; 1/2 chance to cause sudden death to an aquatic enemy with each hit; club) Chair (WP:4, club), 3 Torches (WP:2,
fire
-elemental, breaks after one use, suitable to all), Peacekeeper's Totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory), Talisman of Enlightenment (Protects from hexed-effect; accessory), 4 Tonics, Ether Core, Remedy, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Nostrum, Venom, Gold Statuette (Worth 100 gold)

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
, the Ghostbuster and the Super Sleuth (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer *Party Leader*

Level 22
*Immune to
Sealed
* *Triple Damage Against Demons*
*Encouraged*
*Lucky*
*Auto-Revived*

Power:
(22+12)
(
Spellpower:
(22+12+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(5+21+4)

Ether:
10/33
(5+21+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darkstar Wand (WP:12; has 1/2 chance of inflicting hexed-effect;
darkness
-elemental wand), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory)

Inventory:
Lovelorn Wand (WP:6, deals
enamored
-effect), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Earthen Drum (WP:9,
earth
-elemental instrument), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Wyrd Shield (SP:4, prevents ether reduction; suitable to mystic knights and paladins), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Ruby Slippers (Can teleport the wearer anywhere they've already been to; footwear), Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), 2 Amethysts (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Ruby (
Fire
), 2 Aquamarines (
Water
), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Soma, Seth Bomb (Causes 100 darkness-elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Shovel, Wicked Perfume (Makes all male humanoid enemies enamored to the user, but makes all female humanoid enemies encouraged; consumable), Blue Jelly, 6 Bones

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask
(Kintobor)

22 years old female human Witch

Level 25
*Money Maker*
Poisonous
Attacks* *Immune to Hexed*
*Lucky*

Power:
(25+11)

Defense
: 2

Health:
41/41
(7+24+8+2)

Ether:
28/31
(1+24+4+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lowers the target's level by 1; coils around the user's arm and mimics a tattoo outside of battle; whip), Glittering Dress (The user's job traits are replaced with those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee and Money Maker; suitable to women only; bodywear), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Paper Doll (immunity to hexed; accessory)

Inventory:
Spring Staff (WP:12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount;
water
-elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP:10,
fire
-elemental staff), Doppleganger (WP:10; Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on to the targeted enemy on successful hits; longsword), Sexy (WP: 8, disregards SP; longsword), Rusty Dagger (WP:2; deals Poisoned by 10 effect, breaks after 3 hits), Angelic Trumpet (WP:5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant’s Guitar (WP:5, user is lucky, instrument), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear), Medal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience from battles. accessory), Skull Mask (SP:1, wearer can pose as undead; headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Changes user's appearance into an Elf; accessory), Ruby (
Fire
), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Newtity (Turns target into a newt for 1 round; costs 10 ether; usable by ex-Amphibians only), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song), Potion, 2 Grand Potions, Tonic, 2 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, 9 Venoms, Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), 2 Love Potions (Makes target enamoured with user for three rounds), Tasty Pretzel (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), 5 Herbal Infusions (Remove negative effects and cause blessed- and transcended-effects), Telescope, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

ava-sorrow.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 29 1/3
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded* *Shark Jaw Scythe:
Poisoned by 10
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*
*Reinforced*

Power:
(29+15+2)

Defense:
(1+6)

Health:
40/40
(7+28+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. aquatic monsters), Armor of the Croise (SP:1, +2 power; bodywear), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Reaper’s Scythe (WP:33, damages only humanoids; suitable to assassins only; scythe), Longsword (WP: 5), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Dark Cloak (SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians; backwear), Archer's Hat (Power +1, suitable for rangers; headwear), Disguise Kit (Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender; accessory), Helmet (Max. Health +1, headwear), 2x Greaves (SP:2, immunity to slowed and hastened; footwear), Ruby (
Fire
), 2 Grand Potions, 2 Health Cores, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Ambrosia, 2 Venoms, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Sunset Shimmer (quest item),Djinnifer's Magic Lamp (quest item)

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas
, the Super Sleuth (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level 27 2/3
*Immune to Fragile, Sealed, Poisoned, Bleeding*
*Lucky*

Power:
(27+13)

Defense
: 7
(3+4)

Health:
35/35
(5+26+4)

Ether:
15/42
(5+26+1+5+5)

Gold
: 340

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether; staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to
Sealed
; bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile
; headwear), Sterile Gloves (Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
; handwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Batarang (WP:13
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow [-], melee/throwing weapon), Party Maracas (WP:4, user is hastened, instrument), Ribcage Shield (SP:9; every time the wielder takes a hit, the shield loses one SP; gives immunity to doomed and sudden death for as long the shield has SP left)

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
; headwear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle; backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear)

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep

Consumables:
Ether Core, 3 Remedies, Elixir, Mead, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Copy of The Eubric Herald (Gives the target the
transcended
- and
inspired
-effects for the duration of one battle), Venom, Smoke Bomb

Tools
: Magic Compass, Shovel, Bedroll

Noel Ziegfried
, male "Gothic"(NPC, controlled by Cutcobra)

15 years old male half-elven Mage

Level 14 1/2
*Immune to Free Hits and
Water

Power:
(14+9)

Defense:

Health:
19/19
(5+13+1)

Ether:
9/19
(5+13+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to
Water
; bodywear)

Inventory:
Pointy Cap (Max. health +1, Max. ether +1; immunity to sealed; usable by Noel only; headwear), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Scroll of Blinding, Potion, Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Big Box (Summon to cause 50 damage and stunned-effect to the target at the cost of 5 ether), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee a battle once), Herbal Infusion (Remove negative effects and cause blessed- and transcended-effects)

Professor Drucilla Eldritch
, Magic & Healing (NPC, controlled by Cutcobra)

31 years old female human Archmage

Level 43 4/5
*Arcane Wisdom*
*Circle of Mages* *Immune to Sealed*

Power:
(43+1)
(
Spellpower
: 88
(43+45)
)

Defense
: 3

Health:
40/57
(5+42+10)

Ether:
29/62
(5+42+10+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Eldritch Wand (WP:1, Spellpower: 45; suitable to members of the Eldritch family only; wand), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect, suitable for mages, clerics and necromancers.)

Inventory:
Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Garnet (
Earth
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ether Core, Laterna Magica (Pierces through enchanted darkness, causing blindness to whoever it hits at the cost of 1 ether)

heroicaquest93-npc-aunthymnessamine.jpg

Aunt Hymnessamine
, Music & Religion (NPC, controlled by Cutcobra)

44 years old female human Minstrel

Level 38
*Hits Restore Ether* *Immune to Poisoned, Cursed, Blinded and
Darkness

Power:
(38+10)

Defense:

Health:
57/57
(9+37+11)

Ether:
19/46
(5+37+4)

Gold:

Equipment:
Epic Saxophone (WP:10, each successful hit restores 1 ether, instrument), Sister's Hood (SP:2, immune to poisoned and cursed; suitable to Sisters of Danab only; headwear), Blue-rimmed Glasses (Immune to darkness and blinded; suitable to near-sighted people only; accessory)

Inventory:
Hundred Hero Hymn (Battle Song that gives Inspired-effect to all allies for as long as the song is sung at the cost of 10 ether per round), Grand Potion

heroicaquest93-npc-syriofioretto.jpg

Syrio Fioretto
, Combat & Warfare (NPC, controlled by Cutcobra)

62 years old male Ombrazzi Marauder

Level 46
*Agility*
*Nimble*
*Immune to
Darkness
and
Light

Power:
63 & 58
(46+17 & 46+12)

Defense:

Health:
70/70
(10+45+15)

Gold:

Equipment:
Crepuscolo (WP:17 longsword), Alba (WP:12 longsword), Ombracian Hat (SP:3, immunity to darkness and light, suitable to Syrio only; headwear), Mist Cape (Wearer becomes nimble and has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; backwear)

Inventory:

heroicaquest93-npc-drhuginbrimstone.jpg

Doctor Hugin Brimstone
, Arithmetics & Alchemy (NPC, controlled by Cutcobra)

198 years old male dwarven Alchemist

Level 38 3/4

Power:
(38+5)

Health:
56/56
(9+37+10)

Gold:

Equipment:
Twin Axe (WP:5,
darkness
-elemental dual strike-axe)

Inventory:
Voltedge (WP: 13, Lightning-elemental; greatsword/longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3)

"Whatever infernal being in there. You've failed. You've failed, magnificently. This is the extent of an archdemon?! Six souls! A full scale invasion for six measly souls?! I mean not to undermine the lives lost, but your own competence. You went through all of this, put your own damn head on the chopping block, for what? Something you could've done in 5 minutes just by prowling through Eubric? You're pathetic. You don't deserve whatever throne you're going for, "queen". Now then... Back to the Void with you!

Noel, throw a Pumpkin Bomb. I fear you may have to take a free hit this round, but it'll have no chance of knocking you out cold."

Sandy, does Blind prevent the free hits from the mages?

Heckz stands there looking at all the mirror heroes/teachers/students.

"First of all, that ain't me. Me wouldn't try to attack me. He'd join my side, so obviously they are just some horrible creations of yours, mister or miss."

He turns to the party.

"Okay now, here's the idea, we all focus on our attention on everyone but the dark Heckz, what do y'all think?"

"You're not saying that just because you think his "beauty" should be preserved, right?

Also... I wonder if they can talk. Mirror Sorrow, Mirror Karie, anything you have to say?"

I've come up with a theoretical battle order and ran a test round in our group PM, guys. Check that one out - feel free to suggest changes.

Sandy, does Blind prevent the free hits from the mages?

QM Note: No, since they're casting a spell. It's the sealed-effect that prevents skills that spend ether. If they're sealed or out of ether, they will use their normal physical attack as a Free Hit instead.

QM Note: No, since they're casting a spell. It's the sealed-effect that prevents skills that spend ether.

I thought that that was how it applies to heroes. So any enemy that uses ether in a free hit must now be sealed to stop it? It really can't be defined as "free hits trigger Special Damage" either, because minus Drucilla, the free hit attacks don't match up with their special skill...

I thought that that was how it applies to heroes. So any enemy that uses ether in a free hit must now be sealed to stop it? It really can't be defined as "free hits trigger Special Damage" either, because minus Drucilla, the free hit attacks don't match up with their special skill...

QM Note: Yes, but these are Special Free Hits. Bear with me on this, it's logical if you think about it. :grin:

"Whatever infernal being in there. You've failed. You've failed, magnificently. This is the extent of an archdemon?! Six souls! A full scale invasion for six measly souls?! I mean not to undermine the lives lost, but your own competence. You went through all of this, put your own damn head on the chopping block, for what? Something you could've done in 5 minutes just by prowling through Eubric? You're pathetic. You don't deserve whatever throne you're going for, "queen". Now then... Back to the Void with you!'"

"Why settle for happy, satisfied souls when you can have tortured, horrified, deliciously insane ones instead? I would have gotten my belly full if you hadn't been able to breach your way into the Void somehow. No matter, I have plenty to eat in all of you."

Also... I wonder if they can talk. Mirror Sorrow, Mirror Karie, anything you have to say?"

The mirror images gnarl at Sorrow as he adresses them.

"Why do you cling on to life? Isn't it time you let go?"

"Grandfather? Ha! You're not my family, you're just some old relic!"

And you say my boss battles are rule bendy - you just rewrote one of the negatvie effects that's been around since day one. :poke:

In all seriousness, though, it really does seem like you've rewritten the rules to provide challenge... It seems artificial if it isn't tough by the boundaries of Heroica's rules. :shrug_confused:

"Why settle for happy, satisfied souls when you can have tortured, horrified, deliciously insane ones instead? I would have gotten my belly full if you hadn't been able to breach your way into the Void somehow. No matter, I have plenty to eat in all of you."

"I think you'll see that we're more than an entree in a couple of minutes."

The mirror images gnarl at Sorrow as he adresses them.

"Why do you cling on to life? Isn't it time you let go?"

"Grandfather? Ha! You're not my family, you're just some old relic!"

"Good to know my opposite is a blithering hypocrite. I guess that makes me some sort of scholar?

And for shame, Karie, I thought you'd have a basic understanding of biology."

Edited by Endgame

And you say my boss battles are rule bendy - you just rewrote one of the negatvie effects that's been around since day one. :poke:

In all seriousness, though, it really does seem like you've rewritten the rules to provide challenge... It seems artificial if it isn't tough by the boundaries of Heroica's rules. :shrug_confused:

QM Note: The effects aren't rewritten, these are just special type of Free Hits (think of them as "passive specials", if you will). Gotta try something new to keep the game interesting, as you've seen alot on this quest. :wink:

OoC: Do I control all the NPCs? Since we are in one party.

Ah, yes. Forgot to edit that in.

"What about you, Mirror Heckz? Why don't you join us and kill the other mirror uglies?"

Heckz casts a light spell at Jonah from the back row.

Noel throws the Pumpkin Bomb from the back row.

Drucilla casts a light spell at Mirror Hugin from the back row.

Aunt Hymnessamine plays Angelic Aria from the back row.

Syrio attacks Mirror Syrio from the front row.

Hugin attacks Mirror Thalion from the back row.

Battle Order:

Noel

Sorrow

Sorrow

Heckz

Karie

Drucilla

Erik

Amorith

Syrio

Hugin

Thalion

Aunt Hymnessamine

I throw a Chaos Bomb and lunge at Mirror Drucilla, both from the back row.

"And for shame, Karie, I thought you'd have a basic understanding of biology."

"I know the basics of biology! At least, some aspects of it... not that it's really something worth sharing..."

Karie strikes Mirror Heckz from the Back Row.