Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#93: School's Out

"I found this entire debacle to be disturbing, to be honest."

"It's probably because the Provost is always late, as Aunt Hymne-Sassy said."

He turns to the four factions and looks at the gold greedily, then he turns to the Fonzies.

"You may be okay after all... Maybe... Just maybe... "

He then turns to the party.

"I believe I should split this gold in the fairest way possible, depending on how we did in saving the school... "

Loot Distribution:

Heckz - 1044 gold

All the others - 1 gold

"There, any objections?"

"I believe I should split this gold in the fairest way possible, depending on how we did in saving the school... "

Loot Distribution:

Heckz - 1044 gold

All the others - 1 gold

"There, any objections?"

Karie simply glares at Heckz.

"What? I believe this is the fairest distribution I had made in 3 hours. Or six months, that is. Please tell me how this isn't okay."

"By that logic, if there were 1050 demons in that school, Heckz, you took down 1045 of them. Now, I can either find a demonologist with a sense of humor and see if you can pull that off again, or you can split it evenly. Just my opinion.

And trust me, Heckz, I come from a Necromancer community. Don't think I don't have connections."

Edited by Endgame

"Umm, no. I clearly based it upon who brought the most beauty to this quest. But if you insist... "

Loot Distribution:

Everyone - 175 gold each

Erik thanks all the groups giving them money, and then thanks Heckz for giving him some of it.

He frowns as some of his fellow heroes accuse the Provost of... something. "Sorrow is right about the students - they would often refuse to be sent to safety if that meant they had to go with students from a different group. But I'm sure there are many duties you have as Provost that would have taken you away from the academy at the time."

Provost? I expect disciplinary actions to be exacted from now on. I expect you to do what you can to abolish those cliques. Because of those cliques, nearly each and every one of those children died in that school. Not even a half dozen would listen to reason. So, Provost, if you really need incentive to actually govern your pupils, may I remind you that your entire student body dying because of clique wars would be impossible for you to censor?

heroicanpc-darlavonlector2.jpg

"Judging by the condition of our prestigious institute, it will take a long while before education can continue in there. I will see what I can do about the cliques, but children will be children. Back in the day I studied at the Academy, we had 'Monocles' in feud with 'Canes'. Things were more gentlemanly those days, though. I can't fathom how one can force people to be friends with each other - especially people in constant heat and mood swings."

"Sorrow is right about the students - they would often refuse to be sent to safety if that meant they had to go with students from a different group. But I'm sure there are many duties you have as Provost that would have taken you away from the academy at the time."

"Thank you, Mister Tyrvarr. At least someone understands the constant pressure I am in."

"I don't think that's everything I want to hear, Sorrow. Provost, something is missing from the picture, mainly you. I became aware of this shortly after entering the school, that you were the only one to escape. How is it that you, and you alone, out of all the faculty and students, managed to escape?

"Who told you I escaped? I only made it to the Academy after it had vanished. It happened early in the morning, mind you, classes hadn't even begun for half of the students. Just imagine that there could have been over 200 people for you to save."

"Further more, the faculty made it more than clear that you seem so intent on keeping the death of one Isabeau Carpenter under the proverbial rug. Why?"

"A student was killed in our Academy by one of the faculty members. Can you name one reason why I shouldn't try my darnest to sweep that under the rug, Miss Alderflask? It is a great shame such a heinous thing happened under my watch, but all those involved are now dead. There's no reason to give the families more reasons to doubt the safety of the Academy. As if these demonic invasions weren't enough to do that..."

"And that we found several artifacts of possibly demonic origin, including that lamp," he points to Jinnifer's Lamp, "that, in my humble opinion, should be destroyed in order to avoid future disasters."

"I will leave it to you. I don't want anything to do with any demonic artifacts, thank you very much. Now, if there aren't any more questions, I would like to present you with the promised reward, and head inside to see what remains of my precious Academy."

The provost gives a big sack of 2400 gold to the party and awards them with the title of "School Inspector".

QM Note: Now is your very last chance to finally use Djinnifer's Lamp. I don't want to leave it as another QM's problem... :tongue:

Amorith nods and hands the lamp to Erik.

One he passes it back Amorith sets the genie free and wishes for riches.

"Thanks sir."

Erik takes the lamp, rubs it, and wishes for Experience.

Then he hands the lamp back to Amorith.

"...Thank you, Provost."

I sit back and wait for the signal to return to the hall.

Karie crosses her arms, still eyeing the Provost.

"Whatever you say, Provost."

She was angry about the Provost trying to keep his own hide and reputation intact, clenching Sexy. She tried to hide her feelings, taking her share of the gold.

Thalion pockets the gold and sits next to Sorrow, waiting for Djinnifer to appear, thinking how to deal with her.

QM Note: I'm terribly sorry, but our internet modem decided to break today. I only have one final post to make, but i obviously can't make it from my mobile. I'll try to find a solution to the problem asap, so please be patient. :/

QM Note: I added an additional ether cost to the Bad Luck Charms so that they wouldn't be as overpowered.

Amorith nods and hands the lamp to Erik.
Erik takes the lamp, rubs it, and wishes for Experience.

Djinnifer reappears with a sour expression.

heroicaquest93-djinnifer.jpg

"Your wish shall be granted as you granted mine, O Hairy and Smelly Master!" The genie princess waves her hand and the whole party feels a little more experienced.

Then he hands the lamp back to Amorith.
One he passes it back Amorith sets the genie free and wishes for riches.

Djinnifer's smile widens as she hears Amorith's liberating words. In a puff of smoke she leaps out of the lamp and into the air, and the lamp in the sage's hands breaks into dust.

heroicaquest93-djinnifer.jpg

"Gotcha! You really are the mortal fools I pegged you for! I'm free now, so I don't have to obey you anymore. Maybe if you would've treated me with even a little respect and a dash of admiration, I would've given you your final wish, but now I really don't feel like it. I'm off to strech my legs in the Spiritual Realm, and I truly wish we will never see each other again!"

With that, the genie princess vanishes, leaving the party empty handed and disappointed.

The night is falling fast upon them, so the party decides to head back to the Hall. But they have one final thing to do: Karie ushers Guinevere, Professor Hawke's pet falcon, to fly to freedom.

heroicaquest93-end15.jpg

The bird soon disappears into the darkening sky, and the heroes leave the ruined Academy behind. Thanks to the indomitable School Inspectors, the spirits of those who died there were liberated from the archdemon's clutches and found rest at last.

heroicaquest93-end16.jpg

But what of the archdemon herself?

heroicaquest93-end17.jpg

~THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!~

Party:

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo
, the School Inspector (legobodgers)

324 year old elven Sage

Level 22
*Immune to Stunned, Blinded, Sealed, Blessed and
Light
* *Circle of Mages*

Power:
(22+10+1)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
32/32
(5+21+6)

Ether:
33/33
(5+21+2+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff of Light (WP:10), Crow Cursed Cloak (SP:6), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3 max ether +5, immune to sealed), Unholy Parasol (Grants immunity to light, stunned, blinded, sealed and blessed; accessory)

Inventory:
Bagpipes (WP:8,
wind
-elemental instrument), Sage’s Mitre (Power +2, Max. Ether +4, suitable for sages; headwear.), Robe of the Eldritch Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +6, Spellpower +3; suitable to archmages; bodywear), Aquamarine (
Water
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Garnet (
Earth
), Diamond (
Light
), 2 Amethysts (
Darkness
), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, 5 Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Remedies, Elixir, Newtralizer (Like a neutralizer but with a 'w' instead of a 'u'), 3 Meads, Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 2 Mulled Wines, Ambrosia, Venom, Ice Bomb, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Bedroll, Banana (Restores full health to the user; consumable)

use.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, the School Inspector (Myrddyn)

19 years old male human Shaman

Level 22 2/3
*Immune to
Fragile
*Restoration*

Power:
(22+10)

Defense:

Health:
44/44
(8+21+9+5+1)

Ether:
23/23
(1+21+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Silver Cup of Victory (WP:10; has 1/6 chance of causing doomed; club), Lighter Armor (SP:4, immune to
fragile
-effect; bodywear), Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear), Helmet (Max. Health +1, headwear),

Inventory:
Voltedge (WP: 13, Lightning-elemental; greatsword/longsword), Titanic Axe (WP:11,
Earth
- abd
Light
-elemental, has 1/6 chance of inflicting petrified-effect; axe), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, causes asleep-effect, instrument), Twin Axe (WP:5,
darkness
-elemental dual strike axe), Chair (WP:4, club), Plunger (WP:2; 1/2 chance to cause sudden death to an aquatic enemy with each hit; club), 3 Torches (WP:2,
fire
-elemental, breaks after one use, suitable to all), Peacekeeper's Totem (Grants the "Diplomacy"-job trait; suitable to Erik only; accessory), Talisman of Enlightenment (Protects from hexed-effect; accessory), Sharkskin Armour (SP +1, immune to Water; bodywear), Shamanic Plate (Max. Health +2, Max. Ether +2; Blood Ritual does double damage to the target; suitable for shamans; bodywear), Rubber Gloves (For Mixture, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear), Hundred Hero Hymn (Battle Song that gives Inspired-effect to all allies for as long as the song is sung at the cost of 10 ether per round), 4 Tonics, Ether Core, Remedy, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Nostrum, Venom, Gold Statuette (Worth 100 gold)

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer *Party Leader*

Level 22 2/3
*Immune to
Sealed
* *Circle of Mages* *Triple Damage Against Demons*

Power:
(22+12)
(
Spellpower:
(22+12+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(5+21+4)

Ether:
33/33
(5+21+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darkstar Wand (WP:12; has 1/2 chance of inflicting hexed-effect;
darkness
-elemental wand), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory)

Inventory:
Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Lovelorn Wand (WP:6, deals
enamored
-effect), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Earthen Drum (WP:9,
earth
-elemental instrument), Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Wyrd Shield (SP:4, prevents ether reduction; suitable to mystic knights and paladins), Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory), Magician’s Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable to mages; handwear), Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), 2 Amethysts (
Darkness
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, Soma, Seth Bomb (Causes 100 darkness-elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Shovel, Wicked Perfume (Makes all male humanoid enemies enamored to the user, but makes all female humanoid enemies encouraged; consumable), Blue Jelly, 6 Bones

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask
, the School Inspector (Kintobor)

22 years old female human Witch

Level 25 2/3
*Money Maker*
Poisonous
Attacks* *Immune to Hexed*

Power:
(25+11)

Defense
: 2

Health:
41/41
(7+24+8+2)

Ether:
31/31
(1+24+4+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lowers the target's level by 1; coils around the user's arm and mimics a tattoo outside of battle; whip), Glittering Dress (The user's job traits are replaced with those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee and Money Maker; suitable to women only; bodywear), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Paper Doll (immunity to hexed; accessory)

Inventory:
Spring Staff (WP:12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount;
water
-elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP:10,
fire
-elemental staff), Doppleganger (WP:10; Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on to the targeted enemy on successful hits; longsword), Sexy (WP: 8, disregards SP; longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3), Rusty Dagger (WP:2; deals Poisoned by 10 effect, breaks after 3 hits), Angelic Trumpet (WP:5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant’s Guitar (WP:5, user is lucky, instrument), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear), Medal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience from battles. accessory), Skull Mask (SP:1, wearer can pose as undead; headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Changes user's appearance into an Elf; accessory), Witch’s Talisman (Makes the witch’s poisonous attacks cause poisoned by 10-effect instead of poisoned by 1; suitable for witches; accessory.), Encore Plectrum (If the same Battle Song is sung for more than one round in a row, the song’s ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable to minstrels; accessory.), Ruby (
Fire
), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Newtity (Turns target into a newt for 1 round; costs 10 ether; usable by ex-Amphibians only), “True Love Serenade” (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round; costs 10 ether; Battle Song), Potion, 2 Grand Potions, Tonic, 2 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum, 9 Venoms, Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), 2 Love Potions (Makes target enamoured with user for three rounds), Tasty Pretzel (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), 5 Herbal Infusions (Remove negative effects and cause blessed- and transcended-effects), Telescope, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Baaffy (Pet sheep; whenever unleashed, puts a random enemy
fast asleep
; unlimited use)

ava-sorrow.jpg

Sorrow
, the School Inspector (Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 30
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded*

Power:
(30+27+2)

Defense:
(1+6)

Health:
41/41
(7+29+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Armor of the Croise (SP:1, +2 power; bodywear), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Reaper’s Scythe (WP:33, damages only humanoids; suitable to assassins only; scythe), Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. aquatic monsters; scythe), Longsword (WP: 5), Dark Cloak (SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians; backwear), Archer's Hat (Power +1, suitable for rangers; headwear), Disguise Kit (Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender; accessory), Helmet (Max. Health +1, headwear), 2x Greaves (SP:2, immunity to slowed and hastened; footwear), Death Mask (Increases assassination chances to 1/3 when the target’s health is lowered to 1/3; suitable to assassins; headwear), Ruby (
Fire
), 2 Grand Potions, 2 Health Cores, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 5 Remedies, Neutralizer, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Ambrosia, 2 Venoms, Bedroll, Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Sunset Shimmer (quest item)

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas
, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level 28 1/3
*Immune to Fragile, Sealed, Poisoned, Bleeding* *Circle of Mages*

Power:
(28+13)

Defense
: 7
(3+4)

Health:
36/36
(5+27+4)

Ether:
43/43
(5+27+1+5+5)

Gold
: 915

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether; staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to
Sealed
; bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile
; headwear), Sterile Gloves (Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
; handwear)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Batarang (WP:13
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow [-], melee/throwing weapon), Party Maracas (WP:4, user is hastened, instrument), Ribcage Shield (SP:9; every time the wielder takes a hit, the shield loses one SP; gives immunity to doomed and sudden death for as long the shield has SP left)

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
; headwear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle; backwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Diamond (
Light
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
Lightning
),

Scrolls:
2 Scrolls of Sealing, 2 Scrolls of Blindness, 2 Scrolls of Frailty, 2 Scrolls of Weakening, 2 Scrolls of Confusion, 2 Scrolls of Sleep

Consumables:
Ether Core, 3 Remedies, Elixir, Mead, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Copy of The Eubric Herald (Gives the target the
transcended
- and
inspired
-effects for the duration of one battle), Venom, Smoke Bomb

Tools
: Magic Compass, Shovel, Bedroll

QM Note: It is finished, finally! A big, hearty thank you for the six players for participating actively throughout these months. I hope you had fun despite all the ups and downs this quest took!

Please make sure everything is correct in your inventory. I made the NPCs give back the items you loaned them automatically, but the other items went with them.

"School's out..." I mumble as I walk away towards the hall.

Thalion nods in approval of Sorrow's words and walks towards the Hall.

OOC: Sandy, Thalion is missing most of his gems and scrolls in your last post - the ones that he loaned to the heroes at the beginning of the quest. I assumed everyone gave what they borrowed back, and have updated the stats page according to that. Everything else seems to be in order. :classic:

Edited by -obelix-

Yup. Whatever Thailon handed out, Karie returns. :classic:

Edited by Kintobor

Karie leaves the site, hoping to find something to get her mind off of losing six months of her life. As she leaves, she whistles "Happy Birthday" to herself.

OOC: Sandy, Thalion is missing most of his gems and scrolls in your last post - the ones that he loaned to the heroes at the beginning of the quest. I assumed everyone gave what they borrowed back, and have updated the stats page according to that. Everything else seems to be in order. :classic:

QM Note: Sorry, my bad. The stats should be fixed now.

"You lying bitch!" Erik yells, running towards the genie, but he finds himself unable to prevent her from leaving. "Hmph."

He waves to Guinevere, watching as she flies away into the distance, and remains standing there even after she has flown out of sight.

After a minute, he turns to see most of the rest of the party members leaving.

"I need some more pipe-weed." He mutters, and walks off to find some before he heads back to the hall.

Edited by Myrddyn

"You lying bitch!" Erik yells, running towards the genie, but he finds himself unable to prevent her from leaving. "Hmph."

Thalion shakes his head, "I told you not to trust her..."