Here's my file of new decorations for LDD 4.3.8 (not including CMF decorations). I will update my complete decorations file soon as well.

Errors:

• Decoration 601786 (from the torso of the Garmadon's Warrior minifigure) does not have the correct transparency. All the white space except the glimmer in the eyes and the teeth should be transparent. Also, there are some odd horizontal grid lines visible across the entire decoration when you zoom in on the piece.
  • Decorations 99319 and 99320 (from the torso of the Zane ZX minifigure) do not have the correct transparency. All the white space should be transparent.
  • Decorations 602737 and 602738 (from the legs of the Cragger and Crawley minifigures) do not have the correct transparency. All the white space should be transparent.
  • Part 93071 (the head of the golden dragon) has no decoration surfaces mapped. This makes decorations 603647, 603648, and 602208 impossible to apply.

Thanks, Aanchir! You're missing a few, though. Cole, Zane, and Sensei Wu's faces, for instance. There may be more, but I'm not entirely sure. I think I saw a decoration for a Ninjago spinner as well.

Edit: There's also the mosquitoid torso piece.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Thanks, Aanchir! You're missing a few, though. Cole, Zane, and Sensei Wu's faces, for instance. There may be more, but I'm not entirely sure. I think I saw a decoration for a Ninjago spinner as well.

Edit: There's also the mosquitoid torso piece.

I thought I had updated it with those three faces... maybe I forgot to upload the new version of the file to Brickshelf. Though I thought adding the dress slope was my most recent change, and I DEFINITELY added the version with that in it to Brickshelf.

I forgot about the Mosquitoid torso! For some reason I thought that had been added in a previous update. Silly me.

I'm sorry I keep missing things. I used to have a much more organized way of doing this, but it was INCREDIBLY tedious, and I thought if I just played it by ear I'd have this done a lot quicker.

The file should be up-to-date now, but don't be afraid to call me out if you see something else I missed.

Oh, Fantastic! I just installed LDD yesterday and it was this version... my first ever time trying this program. Good timing I guess. Maybe not news to some but I find it really cool that they even include licensed parts like Hulk and the various SW pieces

Since this thread popped up again I can report on the MAC version of 4.3.8 there are 169 displayable colors. If this does not break the EULA and anyone is interested I can post a more complete report.

Since this thread popped up again I can report on the MAC version of 4.3.8 there are 169 displayable colors. If this does not break the EULA and anyone is interested I can post a more complete report.

I have 168 displayable colors in this file, along with five colors that have names listed in the software but do not display correctly (how they display exactly will vary according to your graphics settings — on the highest graphics settings they appear as visible shading on invisible bricks). Can you tell me the material ID of whichever color I'm missing?

Edited by Aanchir

Can you tell me the material ID of whichever color I'm missing?

Maybe the bluish plate at the extreme left of the second line that appears here?

That plate don't appear in the lxf file, and the image contains 169 bricks.

oops Someone wants the report. First I must resolve the question 168 or 169. I will check my data, process, and conclusion looking for the moth before posting the report.

It is 169 displayable colors with 12 not named. Also four names in the BOM generated spreadsheet from the LXFML file that do not display correctly. The list of four was found in the thread “LDD Reference” started Nov 4 2010 under section “Complete LLD Color Chart” updated Sep 26, 2012.

Downloaded your file and think it also has 169 displayable colors. It has 173 bricks (LDD information bottom bar) and visually shows four bricks in the white, unshaded silhouette (a.k.a. ghost color). The math gives us 169. Used your file in the last step of my investigation. Placing copy the file into the folder UserPalettes and using the “Filter bricks by boxes” command thereby getting a modified color palette with 169 colors to filter/select by. The breakdown is 41 solid, 15 transparent, 5 metallic and 108 legacy.

If you have a list of five named ghost colors it may answer the question please post list for additional investigation.

Hey guys I found this while making a bogie for one of my trains.

The light holder (4070) fits fine in LDD but doesn't in real life much to my dismay when I tried building my model. So funnily enough I resolved the problem with an illegal technique using a technic brick with two holes in it.

The purpose was to attach a 1x2 plate to two of these parts side by side.12981388845_cc0e98ec10.jpg