@Azzepa, thanks for showing me!

@Most-russ:

Alright, now I understand about the crank. Did you check the YouTube video of my trailer. It shows the motorized lowering and raising of the landing legs, I refer to it as landing gear. So in my opinion there is no need to add a crank. Or am I missing something :blush:

The small support beams to store wood are easily installed I think. You just have to sit down and come up with a nice solution. As you mentioned, approach it as a learning session. I think adding some personal additions would be so niceā€¦ :thumbup: When finished, please show us some pictures!

The deck is very nice. Again any part with a length of 8 studs can be used, so that is no problem at all! :wink:

Adding container locking pins would be nice. I do not know if it is that easy, but it would be great though.

At the first picture the holders for vertical supports are shown clearly too. Also a nice detail, but not that easy to install.

Thanks for showing me the pictures and maybe I'll use this info for my future models. Again keep us informed about the build, any progress pictures would be nice as well. Especially because you build the model in a different color and with a "custom" deck.

Just finished building the MKII Trailer, what a great build, just as good as the Truck MKII. I got my first contract load.............640x853.jpg

640x853.jpg

The funny thing was...........The driver asked; "Where's Jurassic Park"? :laugh_hard:

Funny to see an LEGO truck MOC I know in the US :-)

Excellent design by LegoOrNot2Lego. I'n looking forward to new MOCs!

As I wrote for comment here:

So nice to see these models I designed and sell instructions for are at this truck stop (I suppose?) :thumbup::wub: Great to see that I inspire you and many other people to build these models!!!

That is an amazing load you came up with :thumbup: and one heck of a beast to haul!!! Thanks for building these models and sharing those pictures with us :wink:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

I've been working with the models of the truck and trailer to do some renders. The trailer obviously needs something on it, so why not combine these models with the skid loader of another great builder?! Here is the result.

800x450.jpg

I've been working with the models of the truck and trailer to do some renders. The trailer obviously needs something on it, so why not combine these models with the skid loader of another great builder?! Here is the result.

Thanks Blakbird for both the effort and sharing it with us!!! You did another amazing job on this on, just great!!! :thumbup::wink::wub:

FYI: right now I am working on getting to know POV-Ray and stuff. Amazing software and since I'm working on a Mac not that easy to get it going. Finally I managed and already got some nice renders...

Here's my version of a new load for your truck and trailer...................

640x853.jpg

A favorite at the Brickworld Indy, thanks for the BI and parts list.......... :thumbup: :thumbup: :wink:

Shiny!

New Holland skidsteer is a little big compared to the truck.

You should try to put her JS220. I think that would look amazing!

New Holland skidsteer is a little big compared to the truck.

The problem is that you would never load a big excavator like that on a flatbed trailer, you would use a drop deck lowboy. It's hard to think of the right load for this trailer. A big load of railroad wheels would look good!

Hey ritztoys, anymore photos of your display at Brickworld I ndy?? Cheers Pete ...by the way the truck looks great.

The problem is that you would never load a big excavator like that on a flatbed trailer, you would use a drop deck lowboy. It's hard to think of the right load for this trailer. A big load of railroad wheels would look good!

You are right about the load. A lowboy would be used to haul the JS220 for example. I did look through all the renders you made, but I can not find a good load. Any help would be nice... :classic:

Check out my Bricksafe site.There are two folders, one of all the people and displays, the other is my display at the show.

Nice pictures of a nice event, great that you have been there!

This trailer is already available in colors to match "US Truck T2 MkII". In order to give others the change to combine different trucks with different trailers this same build is now also available in colors to match "US Truck T1 MkII". So now you can combine your own build of "US Truck T1 MkII" with either a spread axle or drop deck flatbed trailer, it really is up to you which one to build.

Cheers, Ingmar Spijkhoven

PICT00.jpg

PICT02.jpg

PICT02b.jpg

PICT03.jpg

PICT04.jpg

PICT06c.jpg

PICT06d.jpg

I have some statistics actually - like - how many bricklink's orders I made, how much I spent for postage, how much I spent for parts, etc

I will post this info ASAP. :)

I am looking to build a trailer for the 5571 Giant Truck, would this trailer be the same stud width?,

Well, that is a good question. To be honest I do not have this Giant Truck and I never had it... So I do not have the exact answer. On the other hand the wheels of the Black Cat are slightly taller then the wheel I use on my trailers and that makes me assume it fits well with 5571.

Thanks, any chance of you doing instructions for Truck T5 in the near future?, also what size/part number rubber bands do you use for the trailer suspension?.

@ technicfan & Lundgren, I will instructions for US Truck T5 someday for sure. It'll be another rebuild, so it'll be named US Truck T5 MkII probably and again with the sleeper. The rebuild will again include Servo Motor steering and openable doors amongst many other improvements. :thumbup:

You can build a day cab out of it yourself... :tongue:

Now that we are talking about this truck, how about the chrome parts? Should I do one with the chrome parts replaced by Bluish Light Gray? And one with the chrome parts? Does it make sense for me to provide chrome packs via my BL store? Just some thoughts, let me know!!! :wink:

That's a great idea, a parts pack of additional Chrome pieces would be really nice, as an option to "pimp" your designs with the American style of Chrome add on. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I for one would like to see you redesign the USTruck 8 or USTruck 12, I've already saved those white rims for the wheels of this truck ( future build ), hopefully some day. :excited:

That's a great idea, a parts pack of additional Chrome pieces would be really nice, as an option to "pimp" your designs with the American style of Chrome add on. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, that is exactly what I mean. So there is this "budget" build one can start with. Also there is this "pimp your ride" version which can also be applied later on... :wub:

I for one would like to see you redesign the USTruck 8 or USTruck 12, I've already saved those white rims for the wheels of this truck ( future build ), hopefully some day. :excited:

Well, again I have great news for someone...and this time it is you... :thumbup::grin:

As mentioned before this December the instructions for the lowboy will be released. To go with it there is this US Truck T3, which is a heavy duty truck, but it is quite complex and uses some hard to get parts. So to go with the lowboy there comes this US Truck 12, it does the same as T3, but is much easier and therefore cheaper to build.

Those T12 instructions will be available for sure and if everything goes well it'll be the first half of 2015.

Finally instructions for T3 will be release as well, but that might take a couple of months more.

For both trucks goes: there will be a MkII because of so many improvements!!! :wink: