XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Point taken. But there have been a few long lasting sets. Like the assasin droid BP default_laugh_new.gif

It's either the really good ones that last (multiple production runs) or the really terrible ones. (can't get rid of them) I have a feeling that the Assassin BPs we see are the ones from the first production run- even after they gave them away for free with $50 purchases last year.

I have a feeling that the Assassin BPs we see are the ones from the first production run- even after they gave them away for free with $50 purchases last year.

They did that?

They did that?

They did. That's the only reason I have one. The offer was exclusive to the Brand Stores.

They did. That's the only reason I have one. The offer was exclusive to the Brand Stores.

Ah. I don't live near one so that explains it.

An probably kept hidden from anyone who doesn't drop by their LEGO store every week. :wacko:

It was in big red bold letters on the Store Calendar.

I got mine as a gift. When I fist saw I thought it was kind of enat, but tghere's really little point to it. And who nedds an army of assasins?

Thanks guys for the R2 third leg. It was driving me CRAZY!!! I took a spare axel pin and cut it short. now my R2 has a cheese slope 3rd leg yay!!!!

I bought mine during the May the 4th be with You promotion this year, so I didn't pay full price. But I have to say that it is one of my favorite sets. For the $180 USD that I paid, it was an incredible bargain. At the full $250 USD? I think it would still be worth it for me, but I'd have just a touch of buyer's remorse. But only a touch :wink:

Like Walter I got mine during the May the Fourth sale - I paid £125 and got free postage. What convinced me to buy it (besides the sale price) was the compatibility with the AT-TE and the new Turbo Tank. Still haven't built it though.

I have 2 questions about the new UCS imperial shuttle. I heard that you can built a powerfunction in it, so that the wings open and close automatically. And Does anyone knows if the white coler change to tan when the set is displayed for a long time, I dont know if that only is with old sets.

I have 2 questions about the new UCS imperial shuttle. I heard that you can built a powerfunction in it, so that the wings open and close automatically. And Does anyone knows if the white coler change to tan when the set is displayed for a long time, I dont know if that only is with old sets.

I can't directly verify the powerfunction compatibility of the new UCS Umperial Shuttle, but we all know that is always possible in lego.

Regarding the second question, white lego pieces have been known to 'yellow' over time. Speaking as a chemist: Lego pieces contain a bromine-based flame retardant that degrades over time due to constant exposure to UV light. Upon degradation, the bromine frees up and binds with oxygen to form a brown complex, which is the "yellowing" observed in older pieces. I just don't know if TLG still use this bromine-based flame retardant in the new lego sets, if yes then they are bound to yellow over time.

Edited by KielDaMan

I can't directly verify the powerfunction compatibility of the new UCS Umperial Shuttle, but we all know that is always possible in lego.

Regarding the second question, white lego pieces have been known to 'yellow' over time. Speaking as a chemist: Lego pieces contain a bromine-based flame retardant that degrades over time due to constant exposure to UV light. Upon degradation, the bromine frees up and binds with oxygen to form a brown complex, which is the "yellowing" observed in older pieces. I just don't know if TLG still use this bromine-based flame retardant in the new lego sets, if yes then they are bound to yellow over time.

Yeah. I Have some really old white pieces that have turned a disgusting whitish-orangish-tan. However some oif my more recent- but still old- sets, like the old city fire truck thast they;re still selling- is in perfect condition. I think LEGO might have fixed the problem.

Yeah. I Have some really old white pieces that have turned a disgusting whitish-orangish-tan. However some oif my more recent- but still old- sets, like the old city fire truck thast they;re still selling- is in perfect condition. I think LEGO might have fixed the problem.

I hope so I hate my yellowish white parts. :sceptic:

This is a dumb question but can some one give me a link to arealight.com I tried to but it was a different site

Did you try Google? :tongue:

Here you go: Clicky

He got his own site a couple months ago.

I hope so I hate my yellowish white parts. :sceptic:

I agree.

Same here. I do know that if your parts are yellowed, you can fix it with a dunk in hydrogen peroxide. For faster results, try a laundry additive like OxiClean, which contains the H2O2 and a couple other chemicals.

Read more here.

I'm no professional chemist, but from what little I remember I think it's since OxiClean has sodium percarbonate and the hydrogen peroxide, both of which are oxidizing agents that take away the oxygen molecules from the bromine and bond with them themselves.

Same here. I do know that if your parts are yellowed, you can fix it with a dunk in hydrogen peroxide. For faster results, try a laundry additive like OxiClean, which contains the H2O2 and a couple other chemicals.

Read more here.

I'm no professional chemist, but from what little I remember I think it's since OxiClean has sodium percarbonate and the hydrogen peroxide, both of which are oxidizing agents that take away the oxygen molecules from the bromine and bond with them themselves.

You're completely right about that. Actually sodium percarbonate itself already contains hydrogen peroxide (2Na2CO3-3H2O2), which does the oxidizing action by 'stealing' the oxygen molecules off the bromine complex so the yellow/tan/brown residue goes away. This is becoming too chemistry-nerdy. :grin:

Edited by KielDaMan

You're completely right about that. Actually sodium percarbonate itself already contains hydrogen peroxide (2Na2CO3-3H2O2), which does the oxidizing action by 'stealing' the oxygen molecules off the bromine complex so the yellow/tan/brown residue goes away. This is becoming too chemistry-nerdy. :grin:

Yeah you lost me there. :grin:

Huh, what do you know. KielDaMan is a chemistry nerd like me. :grin: Or at least, like I used to be. I haven't used my degree in over 15 years. I could never have answered that yellowing question in that detail.

Like Walter I got mine during the May the Fourth sale - I paid £125 and got free postage. What convinced me to buy it (besides the sale price) was the compatibility with the AT-TE and the new Turbo Tank. Still haven't built it though.

When you finally open that box, you'll be amazed at how packed it is in there. Unlike a lot of sets with larger boxes, the Dropship's box has very little empty space.

It's the other way around for a change! default_laugh_new.gifdefault_laugh2.gif

Aha! Check and mate! The hunter is the hunted! The fox becomes the fox who is... catching... himself. Ah, forget it.