XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi guys! So with Christmas coming up, I'm finally in a position to get a big LSW set, but I'm not sure which one. My candidates are, Republic dropship and AT-OT or the Super star destroyer. I could also get a bunch of BL orders and fill out my starfighter ranks instead. I'm not really a ucs collector, but the sets look amazing, and snubfighters are always good. Any help/suggestions?

Seems to me like normal green:

300328.jpg

jELYqou.jpg

Thanks

Wasn't too sure. Just thought it was unique because of being an exclusive minifig.

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

Hi guys! So with Christmas coming up, I'm finally in a position to get a big LSW set, but I'm not sure which one. My candidates are, Republic dropship and AT-OT or the Super star destroyer. I could also get a bunch of BL orders and fill out my starfighter ranks instead. I'm not really a ucs collector, but the sets look amazing, and snubfighters are always good. Any help/suggestions?

OK, so something in the $400 range.

Here are my picks-what I would do:

• 75059 Sandcrawler+ 2x 75052 Cantina
  • 3x 75021 Gunship+ 4x 75000 Clones/Droidekas BP
  • 2x 75043 AT-AP+ 2x 75042 Droid Gunship+ as many 75035s Kashyyyk BPs as you want

If you want 1 set I would get the SSD; the dropship is not only older, it's harder to find and $400 only gets you a used one.

Plus, the SSD comes with exclusive minifigs-like IG-88.

Have fun!

How do you post stuff!!!!!! Help please.

Welcome to EB. Could you be more specific? "How do you post stuff!!!!!!" doesn't tell me what you're having trouble with. Evidently, you can make a normal post, but are you having trouble with pictures, with links, with creating topics, with LXFs, with understanding how EB is organized...?

OK, so something in the $400 range.

Here are my picks-what I would do:

• 75059 Sandcrawler+ 2x 75052 Cantina
  • 3x 75021 Gunship+ 4x 75000 Clones/Droidekas BP
  • 2x 75043 AT-AP+ 2x 75042 Droid Gunship+ as many 75035s Kashyyyk BPs as you want

If you want 1 set I would get the SSD; the dropship is not only older, it's harder to find and $400 only gets you a used one.

Plus, the SSD comes with exclusive minifigs-like IG-88.

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice! I've decided on the Dropship since it has much more playability. $300-$400 will get you a sealed copy as well.

Really? On eBay everything seems to be $500+?

If it's $400 I might consider buying it!

Yeah on BL. I couldn't believe it either, and everyone is sealed in box!

Very rarely can you find a cheaper price on EBay than Bricklink.

Very, VERY true. I just got the Imperial Shuttle UCS set for $350 on BrickLink. On E-Bay, we're talking nearly twice that price.

I'm thinking the Storm figure in the new X-Men set might be your best bet although her eyes are regular black ones.
The only problem with Storm's head is her alternate face will be visable beneath the headress from behind.

Thanks

I will check in my parts if I have any balck heads if not I will bricklink one

Ok guys...which ones shall I get first?

A) B-Wing + Y-Wing (there's 1 shop that still has it here)

or

B) A-Wing + Cantina

My fear is that the Y-Wing will soon only be available online and I'll have to pay shippingcosts (or a higher price)

Ok guys...which ones shall I get first?

A) B-Wing + Y-Wing (there's 1 shop that still has it here)

or

B) A-Wing + Cantina

My fear is that the Y-Wing will soon only be available online and I'll have to pay shippingcosts (or a higher price)

I like the Y-Wing very much, but the B-Wing isn't that great.

The A-Wing and the Cantina are both great sets, so I would say that you should get them.

If you really want a Y-Wing, it's worth the extra shipping!

I like the Y-Wing very much, but the B-Wing isn't that great.

The A-Wing and the Cantina are both great sets, so I would say that you should get them.

If you really want a Y-Wing, it's worth the extra shipping!

I'll pull the trigger later this week....but I think I'll go for Y & B.

B-wing has got great minifigs (a Sullustan!) and has been a personal favorite since RotJ.

The A-wing (also a personal favorite,.....never had the Kenner toy!) + Cantina (a dewback. Yay! a landspeeder. Yay! a bad selection of minifigs. :( !) have to wait till next month.

B-wing has got great minifigs (a Sullustan!) and has been a personal favorite since RotJ.

... not to mention you get a Gray Squadron pilot which is perfectly suited for the Y-Wing in a RotJ-scenario!

I have a question: Should I buy the AT-TE (2013) or the AT-AP (2014) + Kashyyk-troopers? The price for these two options is about the same and I like walkers... what about playability, size, model accuracy?

I have a question: Should I buy the AT-TE (2013) or the AT-AP (2014) + Kashyyk-troopers? The price for these two options is about the same and I like walkers... what about playability, size, model accuracy?

I would go with the AT-AP and kashyyk troopers. The troopers go perfectly together and the model looks better than the previous one. I do like the AT-TE, but I feel that you'd have more fun with the other option. Enjoy!

... not to mention you get a Gray Squadron pilot which is perfectly suited for the Y-Wing in a RotJ-scenario!

*click*

Did you hear that?

That was the sound of a trigger being pulled :wink:

(just ordered the B & Y for a pickup next week)

I would go with the AT-AP and kashyyk troopers. The troopers go perfectly together and the model looks better than the previous one. I do like the AT-TE, but I feel that you'd have more fun with the other option. Enjoy!

Yep, you should definitely go with the AT-AP.

You get more minifigs (and better ones), more features, and it's cheaper!

Yep, you should definitely go with the AT-AP.

You get more minifigs (and better ones), more features, and it's cheaper!

Thanks for your input! Interesting that the opinion is so much in favour of the AT-AP, but I got to admit, the minifigs are better. (And I do have a Mace Windu from Palpatine's Arrest already).

Sorry brickdoctor, meant how do you post reviews.

Reviews should be posted as their own separate topics. Pictures are not required, but they do greatly increase the quality. Entitle your topic along the lines of the format, "[Review] <Set Number> <Set Name>." Since you cannot create polls until you reach the rank of Knight, you can PM a staff member once you've finished your review, and he'll add a poll for you.

I am in the UK and was looking into booking a holiday to the US west coast next year. I was hoping to tie it in with the SDCC.

My question is, the exclusive mini figures and a sets available, what would the odds of me being able to get one, are the supplies very limited?

thanks in advance

Hello boys, sorry for interrupting you!

Normally I'm not interested on the StarWars theme, ( and infact it's not the case today either) LOL I'm cheeky! :tongue: :tongue:

But I would like to make a present to a friend of mine, the present it's a 10179 set! As it's very expensive to buy (even used) the idea it's to save money buy buying the spare bricks needed on Bricklink, and to download the instructions!

has anyone a "wishlist" file ready for bricklink??

Hopefully I'll get some help guys! Thanks!!

TheItalianBrick! :thumbup:

you can use a function called "Part a Set" on bricklink. It will make a wishlist from a set for you.