XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I'm curious to see if TLG starts using pauldrons on the stormies. I kinda think they look silly on anything but sand troopers.

As a member of the 501st Legion, I can say that the firestorm that ignites whenever the issue of pauldrons is raised is something that needs to be seen to be witnessed. There are those who are fine with standard TK's with pauldrons, there's the rabid sandtrooper-only faction, and a lot more who just stay far, far away. Generally, though, the pauldrons are just a rank system, and we see standard troopers with pauldrons in Rebels- white seems to be for NCOs, orange for officers, and black seems to be worn only by elite troops: Tarkin's guard, the special reinforcements sent in to his Star Destroyer, etc.

Edited by hjmediastudios

I just found 9490 Droid Escape for sale (31 euro with shipping)

Is this a good deal for the set? I already have R2-D2 twice though.

Depends, I got it for 24,99 euro in my local store. Some stores still sell the set so maybe you can get it a little cheaper.

I think its neither a good or a bad deal. ^^

Is there a good torso (and good legs) to recreate Darth Sidious' appearence when he duelled Maul and Savage?

darth-sidious-23.jpg

Is there a good torso (and good legs) to recreate Darth Sidious' appearence when he duelled Maul and Savage?

darth-sidious-23.jpg

Here's my custom CW Darth Sidious Minifigure:

16126088673_d54349db62.jpg

Head, torso, legs, and pauldrons from the CW Chancellor Palpatine minifig. Hood from the Series 7 Red Riding Hood figure. Robes from the Series 9 Judge fig.

Feel free to use, just give credit. I suggest using the head from the EPIII Chancellor Palpatine fig instead of the CW one.

Edited by Sir Gareth

As a member of the 501st Legion, I can say that the firestorm that ignites whenever the issue of pauldrons is raised is something that needs to be seen to be witnessed. There are those who are fine with standard TK's with pauldrons, there's the rabid sandtrooper-only faction, and a lot more who just stay far, far away. Generally, though, the pauldrons are just a rank system, and we see standard troopers with pauldrons in Rebels- white seems to be for NCOs, orange for officers, and black seems to be worn only by elite troops: Tarkin's guard, the special reinforcements sent in to his Star Destroyer, etc.

I'm a 501st hopeful (have a set of TK armor in transit as I type!) and I saw on FISD a thread about pauldrons. You aren't kidding about the passion people have. I guess my opinion is influenced by not seeing Rebels, yet, but I don't have a particularly strong opinion either way on them.

I'm a 501st hopeful (have a set of TK armor in transit as I type!) and I saw on FISD a thread about pauldrons. You aren't kidding about the passion people have. I guess my opinion is influenced by not seeing Rebels, yet, but I don't have a particularly strong opinion either way on them.

Always great to meet another "bucket-head!" Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions as I can point you to some great resources.

I saw a couple of terms being used that I don't really understand.

SNOT, Greeble, System Scale.

Could someone help me out?

Sure. SNOT stands for Studs Not On Top, like putting some 1x6 bricks flat and using it as a base. Greeble means the gritty details, like on the MF. System Scale just means that a set is in a size sutible for minifigs, but not necessarily minifig scale. Like the 2011 MF wasn't minifig scale, while the UCS one is. It would be considered system scale. Hope this helps!

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

- SNOT stands for Studs Not On Top.

- Greebles are detailing added to the surface of something to make it appear more complex.

- System Scale is the scale used by LEGO for most Star Wars sets.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Sir Gareth

Hi all, a set decision here. I'm looking to expand my Rebels Collection, currently I've got the Phantom and the ITT battle pack. I'm either looking to get the Tie Prototype and the AT-DP together or the Ghost and Ezra's Speeder Bike together so I'm looking for advice as to which sets I should get.

Hi all, a set decision here. I'm looking to expand my Rebels Collection, currently I've got the Phantom and the ITT battle pack. I'm either looking to get the Tie Prototype and the AT-DP together or the Ghost and Ezra's Speeder Bike together so I'm looking for advice as to which sets I should get.

As for the quality of the models, I'd say the Tie Prototype and the AT-DP both beat the Ghost, although the Ghost is not without its charm if you like a chibi-like rendition of it. If you are into the Rebels, though, I'd go for the Ghost and Ezra's Speeder bike, because the minifigs are great, and look especially great together. The imperial minifigs are great, too, especially the Inquisitor and Agent Kallus.

I would honestly suggest TIE and AT-DP, well worth the price, excellent minifigures, even better, more fascinating builds.

Does anyone recommend the Ghost, though? I can't decided between getting that and the Phantom, or the Tie Prototype and the Wookie Gunship.

Does anyone recommend the Ghost, though? I can't decided between getting that and the Phantom, or the Tie Prototype and the Wookie Gunship.

The Tie is absolutely fantastic, especially if you do a few quick mods. I also have the Ghost, and it's a really good set as well. I've already done some quick mods that make it a lot better. I don't have the gunship, but it doesn't interest me at all. It really just falls on of you want your rebels or Imperials.

Is the Alliance Starbird public domain? I want to use a brick-built version for my YouTube channel.

I'm no legal expert, but you'd probably be fine using it. I don't think they would claim copyright on it if you used it, especially if it's brick built.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I want more astromechs (not duplicates) but i'm not sure how I should get them.

Should I buy them from Bricklink where they range in price from 9 to 20 euro's.

Or should I wait for future sets with astromechs?

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I want more astromechs (not duplicates) but i'm not sure how I should get them.

Buy them from bricklink. Considering there's not many sets coming that have these guys in it, only one (maybe 2 or 3) next wave and only one this wave.

But restrain yourself so you don't end up with one of every astromech. I was to weak once I bought a few and now I have them all.

Which ones are you after by the way?

Which ones are you after by the way?

Green R2 Unit (Sandcrawler) R4-P17 (75006), R8-B7.

We are unlikely to be getting obscure astromechs re-released. If there's one out that you like, it won't come again. Something similar perhaps, but not the same one.

There will always be more R2D2s, and there will likely be other new astromechs to come.