XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Actual multiple layers of breathable material is better for deserts to help prevent sunburn and whatnot.

It'll be neat to see the combinations.

Anyone who owns the latest X-Wing star fighter can explain why the inside bricks are a rainbow of colors? I mean it doesn't matter too much as the outside covers it up, but still. Is TLG trying to help younger builders to more easily distinguish piece placement? Thats the only reason that comes to mind.

Looked at an image I just took and saw that there's an upcoming "Chrome C-3PO with Orange Eyes" under the Dutchman set...

Weird thing is, this is set is 4106...

-Sci

TC-14.....? :look:

Anyone who owns the latest X-Wing star fighter can explain why the inside bricks are a rainbow of colors? I mean it doesn't matter too much as the outside covers it up, but still. Is TLG trying to help younger builders to more easily distinguish piece placement? Thats the only reason that comes to mind.

Yes.

The search function is your friend. :wink:

How much notice does TLG generally give before it discontinues a set? I'm worried that 10188 will be discontinued before I get my act together to buy it and then I'll be facing UCS Falcon prices.

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

Not much, usually. My hunch is that it'll go on sale during May 4th, and then be discontinued.

How much notice does TLG generally give before it discontinues a set? I'm worried that 10188 will be discontinued before I get my act together to buy it and then I'll be facing UCS Falcon prices.

Not much, usually. My hunch is that it'll go on sale during May 4th, and then be discontinued.

I agree with Brickdoctor, I'm expecting it to go on sale on 4th May (10-20% off) and it will then be discontinued. Undoubtedly, the price will go up a bit, but I really don't think that it will ever reach the UCS Falcon for two reasons: i) it's been available since 2008 and must have sold in large volumes and ii) it doesn't have the 'prestige factor' that other high-value UCS sets do.

10030 weighs 9093 grams and 10179 weighs 10214.9 grams. Bricklink can tell you anything!

Yeah thanks for that but that's boxed weight, I was curious how much when built without the box and all that stuff.

Yeah thanks for that but that's boxed weight, I was curious how much when built without the box and all that stuff.

The boxes wouldn't weigh more than a few 100 grams, but the instructions would be really heavy. In the case of the MF, I'd guess 1-2 kg.

Weight (build) = total weight - weight (box) - weight (instructions) - weight (minifigures) - weight (other unrelated stuff). Very simple.

Edited by Brickadeer

Does anyone know how much 10030 and 10179 weigh? Built, not in a box etc.

I weighed my falcon a while ago & it was 6,298g (that included the plastic bags that the parts are stored in!)...well, it seemed like a fun idea at the time :laugh: I assume the figure quoted by bricklink was the gross (inc, box etc).

Does anyone know why my 8038 (Battle of Endor) Han Solo has white pupils? I just bought this set (it was sealed) and was building my minifigs and I noticed his face did not match the art in the instructions. He has a newer looking face similar to that of the new Millenium Falcon (with white pupils and a chin mark under the mouth). Was this a misprint for this set or did they just switch the faces late in production?

Thanks!!

I weighed my falcon a while ago & it was 6,298g (that included the plastic bags that the parts are stored in!)...well, it seemed like a fun idea at the time :laugh: I assume the figure quoted by bricklink was the gross (inc, box etc).

Thanks for the response!

Does anyone know why my 8038 (Battle of Endor) Han Solo has white pupils? I just bought this set (it was sealed) and was building my minifigs and I noticed his face did not match the art in the instructions. He has a newer looking face similar to that of the new Millenium Falcon (with white pupils and a chin mark under the mouth). Was this a misprint for this set or did they just switch the faces late in production?

They probably did a second production run and ran out of the older faces. That's common among sets that have been on the shelf for a while during a time when minifigs were updated, such as 10188 and 6212.

Regarding 10030, does anyone know if the the instructions being glued or bound has any correlation with the set being in old grey or the new grey?

Regarding 10030, does anyone know if the the instructions being glued or bound has any correlation with the set being in old grey or the new grey?

From what I understand, the first batch of sets had the glued manual, and those sets were all old grey. The spiral bound manuals came with the later old grey sets, the mixed grey sets and the bley sets.

How much will the promotional TC-13 or whatever be worth in a year or two?

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future." -Yoda, EP. V

How much will the promotional TC-13 or whatever be worth in a year or two?

About the same as a pile of dust bunny. LEGO isn't making TC-13. It's TC-14 you're thinking of. :D

Shadow ARF is still holding at about $20 each sealed but they probably won't attain highly collectable status since shadow ARF didn't get much screen time if at all. TC-14 did get a few minutes worth (which is a lot more than shadow ARF) and in a major movie, not the spin off shows or books so it'd likely get more popular and more demand.

Worst case: Still about $20 a pop. TC-14 isn't going to be scare and hard to find like that $300 Boba Fett.

Well, something entirely different and not solely directed at LEGO SW:

When planning to purchase some new or even older set - how do we know in which country the set was produced beforehand? I wonder about some sets having differing colours and some colours not even matching within a set (see cows and the fill-up brick on their back in 'Medieval Market Village').

Also, how is it decided what production run is being done in China for example? The bricks being done there seem to have a little less distinctive colours. Are we better advised to go for early production runs or better wait for a later run (with improved quality and newer minifigs)?

Well, something entirely different and not solely directed at LEGO SW:

When planning to purchase some new or even older set - how do we know in which country the set was produced beforehand? I wonder about some sets having differing colours and some colours not even matching within a set (see cows and the fill-up brick on their back in 'Medieval Market Village').

Also, how is it decided what production run is being done in China for example? The bricks being done there seem to have a little less distinctive colours. Are we better advised to go for early production runs or better wait for a later run (with improved quality and newer minifigs)?

Afaik, sets aren't produced in one single country. Rather, sets contain pieces that were produced in different countries. The countries are enumerated on the box.

As for the color/quality issue, you may find this thread of interest.

Edited by Brickadeer

Afaik, sets aren't produced in one single country. Rather, sets contain pieces that were produced in different countries. The countries are enumerated on the box.

As for the color/quality issue, you may find this thread of interest.

Thanks for the link. It's an interesting lecture. Hopefully TLG keeps quality a top priority in the long run and matching colours remain the rule. A rule we customers must have an eye on.

BTW, is it possible to get specific minifigs of the collectibles from S@H and official retailers? I am interested in creating a small Roman army and bunch of opposing barbarians but will certainly not spend a fortune on the lottery or to feel many, many polybags.

Edited by Ki-Adi-Mundi