Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest #85: Visions of an Unblinking Terror

Atramor glances suspiciously at Namyrra and Nyx, and does nothing from the back row, twice.

"Turn against us and you're dead, ape. No matter what. Heroica don't have room for weak-willed traitors."

Edited by CallMePie

Results of Round Seven of the Naamah Battle:

Saladdin hits Nebukadnezzar - (Nebukadnezzar: 69 health-(50x4=200 dmg)=0 health; Namyrra: -1 ether)

>Namyrra uses Remedy on Byblos - (Byblos: negative effects removed)

Byblos retrieves Pandemonicon

>Atramor does nothing

>Atramor does nothing

>Docken vs. Naamah - Special Damage (Sands of Time - Naamah: hastened; Atramor: hastened; Docken: slowed; Namyrra: hastened; Nyx: slowed; Byblos: hastened; Naamah: -3 ether)

>Nyx (Healing Staff) vs. Atramor - Counter (Nyx: no effect; Atramor: +37 health)

>Namyrra does nothing

>Byblos goes into trance

Naamah - Free Hit vs. Namyrra (Namyrra: 40 health+10 SP-(76/2=38 dmg)=12 health)

The undead Nomad Prince defeats the corpse of King Nebukadnezzar. Namyrra removes Byblos' sickness, allowing him to retrieve the Pandemonicon.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Thank you, my friend. Now I just have to... focus..."

Naamah the Greedy Widow laughs at Byblos as the Metasimian squeezes the tome against his chest with eyes shut tight. The archdemoness turns her hourglass again, making herself hastened as well as Namyrra and Byblos, but slowing down Docken and Nyx. Nyx manages to restore some health to Atramor in the meanwhile.

Suddenly Byblos's eyes open with a blast of light. He has gone into the trance again.

heroicanpc-byblos3.jpg

"It is now or never! Prove thyself or die!"

Naamah ignores the librarian, instead attacking Namyrra.

Results of Round Eight

Byblos uses Pandemonicon on Naamah

The entranced Byblos opens the Book of Demons from the pages that used to be sealed from him. Now he understood them perfectly. He spoke to the archdemon, this time with his own voice.

heroicanpc-byblos3.jpg

"This tome was created by the Dark Angels in ancient times to give mortals power over your kin. But mortal hearts are easily seduced, so the power of this book became corrupted. Only those with the purest soul can use it for its original purpose: to force demons to obey without question. Now I, Byblos of Heroica, command you, Naamah the Greedy! Return to Azazot, and never come back!"

Byblos's words turned into a blast of energy that hit Naamah and twisted the surroundings, opening a rift between dimensions. The archdemoness screamed as she was forced into the rift.

heroicaquest85-naamah2.jpg

Only the hourglass she had been carrying was left behind. As the rift closes, the light fades from Byblos's eyes, and he looks at the other heroes incredulously.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Did I just do that?!"

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Docken and Namyrra gain three fourths of a level. Byblos gains two fourths of a level. Atramor and Nyx gain a fourth of a level. Party leader, please divide the spoils of the battle:

heroica-helmetofazzurat.jpgheroica-helmetofazzurat.jpg2x Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear)

heroica-crown.jpgCrown (Worth 300 gold)

Golden Keyring (Quest Item)

heroica-naamahshourglass.jpgNaamah’s Hourglass (Randomly causes either hastened or slowed to the target at the cost of 3 ether)

Party:

9695105479_fbd0eeca72_t.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

31 year old male human Regulator

Level 31
*Immune to
Fire
Water
Lightning
Wood
Light
Darkness
, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last 1 Round*
*Battle Style: Chaotic*

Power:
(31+15)

Defense:
(6+12+3+4)

Health:
61/61
(7+30+12+6+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Tiger Claws (WP: 15, double WP against humanoids,
darkness
elemental, dual strike, daggers),
Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Galactic Armor (SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to
fire
light
darkness
, and doomed, bodywear),
Rat's Hide (SP: 4, backwear),
Tricorne (SP: 3, headwear),
Amulet of the Court (negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to
water
lightning
, and
wood
, accessory)

Inventory:
Pheles Rod (WP: 20, has 1/2 chance of inflicting Aura each turn, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them,
fire
ice
lightning
earth
wind
light
darkness
elemental staff),
General's Dagger (WP: 7, pierces SP, cannot be upgraded, dagger),
Sylvania's Cowl (Grants
Animal Talk
, headwear),
Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear),
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)
, Health Core, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row),
Agni Bomb, Gaia Bomb,
Pickaxe, Shovel

gallery_11254_206_17653.png

Bartholomew Docken
, The Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

32-year-old male human Warden

Level 35 2/4
*Takes Halved Damage from Free Hits* *Gain Triple Experience*
*Scary*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Defense Reduction, Removal of Positive Effects, Sudden Death,
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile

Power:
(35+10)

Defense:
(20+3)

Health:
46/66
(6+34+8+18)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darksteel Crossbow (WP: 10;
Blinded
-effect), Mythril Shield (SP: 20), Dread Hat (permanent
Scary
-effect; immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Defense Reduction
Removal of Positive Effects
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile
; Headwear), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; damage of all Free Hits is halved; bodywear), Cobweb Cowl (immune to sudden death; backwear),
Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; Accessory)

Inventory:
Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club),
Iris Shield (SP:0; reflects physical damage back to the attacker regardless of row or defense, if the user survives the attack.)

• Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; Handwear)

• Grand Potions (5), Health Cores (3), Remedies (5), Phoenix Incense, Smoke Bombs (3), Bones (7), Teleportapple, Adamantite Shard (1/4 Adamantite)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

1337 years old female Fenarian Necromancer
***Party Leader***

Level 36 2/4
*Immune to
Sealed* *Gain Triple Experience*

Power
: 81
(36+45)

Defence
: 10
(5+3+2)

Health
: 13/50
(5+35+5+
)

Ether
: 52/53
(5+35+1+1+5+4)

Gold
: 58

Equipment
: Crystal Mace (WP:45 (5 multiplied by the amount of gems imbued),
fire
ice
wind
water
lightning
earth
wood
light
and
darkness
elemental), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Ether:5. immune to Sealing, bodywear),
Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, backwear),
Medal of Glory (gain triple XP; accessory)

Inventory
: Empyreal Staff (WP:15), Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff), Oriental Crossbow (WP:7, Crossbow), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, asleep effect, instrument), Sabre (WP:8, longsword), Gold Dragon Crown (+6 max ether, immunity to lightning and stunned), Seductive Perfume (adds Enamored effect to all attacks),
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear)
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)
Amethyst
Emerald
Topaz
Garnet
Diamond
Sapphire
Ruby
Aquamarine
, 5 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, Health Core, Tonic, 3 Ether Cores, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 6 Meads, 7 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 3 Ambrosia, 11 Venom, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, 8 Water Bombs, 3 Dirt Bombs, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Agni Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle), Soul Cage (doomed-effect to all combatants), Skeleton Decoy, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq), 4 Bones

heroicaquest85-undeadcrimsonscorpion.jpg

Crimson Scorpion A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 27

Element: Darkness

Crimson Scorpion B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracennomada.jpg

Saracen Nomad A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracennomadb.jpg

Saracen Nomad B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracensabredancera.jpg

Saracen Sabredancer A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 28

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracensabredancerb.jpg

Saracen Sabredancer B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-duneghoul.jpg

Dune Ghoul A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 38

heroicaquest85-undeadpyromancer.jpg

Saracen Pyromancer (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 40

heroicaquest85-undeadsaladdin.jpg

Saladdin, the Prince of Thieves (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 50

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

19 years old female human Battle Mage

Level 30 1/4
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Poisoned,
Asleep, Fast Asleep,
Confused and Hexed*

Power:
(30+5+1+1)

Defense:

Health:
41/41
(5+29+5+2)

Ether:
21/42
(5+29+5+1+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Healing Staff (WP: 5; staff)
Chef’s Apron (Immunity to fire and poison; bodywear),
Mirage Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elements and confused- and hexed-effects),
Sandman's Parasol (Immune to asleep and fast asleep; accessory),
High Heels (+1 power; footwear)

Inventory:
Zee Standard (WP: 15,
ice
light
- and
darkness
-elemental, necromancers raise enemies with 2 extra levels, staff),
Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep; wand),
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, suitable to everyone), Explosive Staff (WP: 12; does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row); staff),
Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits; dagger), Shiny Helmet (+1 max health; headwear), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened; accessory),
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, immune to sealed; bodywear),
Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to fire and lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Ruby
Diamond
, 2
Amethysts
Topaz
Sapphire
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine
Opal
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Phoenix Essences, Oneupshroom Cap (works as a Phoenix Essence when eaten), 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom,
Smoke Bomb ,
Fire Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Skadi Bomb, 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies), 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

Byblos (NPC, controlled by Quarryman)

28 years old male Metasimian Scholar

Level 32
*Well-read*
*Fast Learner*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
&
Wind

Power:
(31+31)

Health:
42/42
(10+31+1)

Ether:
25/42
(10+31+1)

Gold:

Water:
1/3

Equipment:
Pandemonicon (WP:31 [equal to user's level], inflicts
hexed
on demons and
doomed
on humanoids; retrievable book), Tattered Robe (Max. Health +1, Max. Ether +1; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)

Inventory:
"Gone With the Mind" (WP:12, inflicts
enamored
; retrievable book), "Classical Philosophic Theories" (WP:11, inflicts
fast asleep
; retrievable book) "100 Venoms for Beginners" (WP:10, inflicts
badly poisoned
; retrievable book), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening

"Well done Byblos! You sure showed that demon bitch who's boss around here! And Byblos, I'm sorry for doubting you, I should have known you'd pull through."

"Now, who wants what? The crown we can sell and split the gold once we get back to Eubric, so I'll hold on to that for now. And I have a feeling this golden key will open these golden chests, but I'm a bit worried that there might be some nasty traps attached to them, so perhaps someone with a lot of shielding should open them? Atramor, Docken, any of you feel like trying?"

"I have no interest in these helmets, but I think they're better than the tricorne you're wearing Atramor, and Nyx, you could probably use some extra shielding as well I guess?"

While waiting for the others to voice their opinions about the loot Namyrra summons Mediq to heal her.

Atramor lifted his shield, as though expecting some new demon to crawl out of the strange void, but was surprised to see Byblos sealing Naamah back in her own realm - permanently. As the vortex receded, the regulator shook his head.

"Damn...alright. Maybe that thing ain't as, well....evil, as I thought."

He paused. McCafferey's black eyes were fixed, almost daringly on Byblos.

"Still dangerous, though. Don't go tearin' open the fabric of the universe whenever ya' feel like it, mate. Namyrra, I'd like onna those helmets, and I'd be happy to pop open these chests."

"Excellent, here, take a helmet, and the golden key, feel free to open a chest when you feel like it."

Atramor nods, pulling the crumpled Tricone from his head, replacing it with the Helmet of Azzurat and again topping it with his usual hat. He then unlocked and opened the chest on the left side of the room.

And the others, assuming the first doesn't blow up in his face.

Edited by CallMePie

I attempt to jump in front of Atramor and examine the chest for traps with my Magnifying Glass.

"Woo hooo! Nice one Byblos, that worked much better than a large glass, a piece of paper and an open window. I'm glad we gave you the chance to do that, it just felt like the right thing to do."

"I have no interest in these helmets, but I think they're better than the tricorne you're wearing Atramor, and Nyx, you could probably use some extra shielding as well I guess?"

Nyx turns "Thanks Namyrra, yeah, I think I would do better with a bit more shielding but... my hair will get all squished! :cry_sad: " Nevertheless, she takes the helmet, gently placing it on her head as she slips her High Heels off again.

While waiting for the others to voice their opinions about the loot Namyrra summons Mediq to heal her.

heroicaquest50-mediq.jpg

"Your wish is my command, Mistress!"

I attempt to jump in front of Atramor and examine the chest for traps with my Magnifying Glass.

He then unlocked and opened the chest on the left side of the room.

And the others, assuming the first doesn't blow up in his face.

Docken examines the gold chests, and finds no trace of traps in any of them. Atramor then opens them with the keys in the keyring that the king dropped, uncovering a pile of gold in each of them.

heroica-goldpile.jpg1500 gold

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"That's a small fortune, indeed! But... doesn't the gold kind of belong to the Oracle? We got the keys from her husband's corpse, after all."

Party:

Level 31
*Immune to
Fire
Water
Lightning
Wood
Light
Darkness

Power:
(31+15)

Defense:
(12+6+4+4)

Health:
61/61
(7+30+12+6+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness
elemental, dual strike, daggers),
Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Galactic Armor (SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to
fire
light
darkness
, and doomed, bodywear),
Rat's Hide (SP: 4, backwear),
Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear)
Amulet of the Court (negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to
water
lightning
, and
wood
, accessory)

Inventory:
Pheles Rod (WP: 20, has 1/2 chance of inflicting Aura each turn, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them,
fire
ice
lightning
earth
wind
light
darkness
elemental staff),
General's Dagger (WP: 7, pierces SP, cannot be upgraded, dagger),
Sylvania's Cowl (Grants
Animal Talk
, headwear),
Tricorne (SP: 3, headwear),
fire
earth
- and
wind
, Health Core, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row),
Agni Bomb, Gaia Bomb,
Pickaxe, Shovel

Bartholomew Docken
, The Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

Level 35 2/4
*Scary*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile

Power:
(35+10)

Defense:
(20+3)

Health:
46/66
(6+34+8+18)

Gold:

Equipment:
Blinded
Scary
-effect; immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Defense Reduction
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile
; Headwear), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; damage of all Free Hits is halved; bodywear), Cobweb Cowl (immune to sudden death; backwear),
Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; Accessory)

Inventory:
Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club),
Iris Shield (SP:0; reflects physical damage back to the attacker regardless of row or defense, if the user survives the attack.)

• Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; Handwear)

• Grand Potions (5), Health Cores (3), Remedies (5), Phoenix Incense, Smoke Bombs (3), Bones (7), Teleportapple, Adamantite Shard (1/4 Adamantite)

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

***Party Leader***

Level 36 2/4
*Immune to

Power
(36+45)

Defence
(5+3+2)

Health
: 50/50
(5+35+5+
)

Ether
: 47/53
(5+35+1+1+5+4)

Gold
: 58

Equipment
fire
ice
wind
water
lightning
earth
wood
light
and
darkness
elemental), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Ether:5. immune to Sealing, bodywear),
Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, backwear),
Medal of Glory (gain triple XP; accessory)

Inventory
: Empyreal Staff (WP:15), Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff), Oriental Crossbow (WP:7, Crossbow), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, asleep effect, instrument), Sabre (WP:8, longsword), Gold Dragon Crown (+6 max ether, immunity to lightning and stunned), Seductive Perfume (adds Enamored effect to all attacks),
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear)
Amethyst
Emerald
Topaz
Garnet
Diamond
Sapphire
Ruby
Aquamarine
, 5 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, Health Core, Tonic, 3 Ether Cores, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 6 Meads, 7 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 3 Ambrosia, 11 Venom, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, 8 Water Bombs, 3 Dirt Bombs, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Agni Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle), Soul Cage (doomed-effect to all combatants),
Naamah’s Hourglass (Randomly causes either hastened or slowed to the target at the cost of 3 ether),
Skeleton Decoy, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq), 4 Bones, Crown (Worth 300 gold)

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 30 1/4
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Poisoned,
Asleep, Fast Asleep, Sealed
Confused and Hexed*

Power:
(30+5+1+1)

Defense:
(4+4)

Health:
41/41
(5+29+5+2)

Ether:
21/42
(5+29+1+5+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Healing Staff (WP: 5; staff)
Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, immune to sealed; bodywear),
Mirage Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elements and confused- and hexed-effects),
Sandman's Parasol (Immune to asleep and fast asleep; accessory),
Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear)

Inventory:
ice
light
- and
darkness
-elemental, necromancers raise enemies with 2 extra levels, staff),
Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep; wand),
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, suitable to everyone), Explosive Staff (WP: 12; does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row); staff),
Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits; dagger),
High Heels (+1 power; footwear),
Chef’s Apron (Immunity to fire and poisoned; bodywear),
Shiny Helmet (+1 max health; headwear), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened; accessory),
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to fire and lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Ruby
Diamond
, 2
Amethysts
Topaz
Sapphire
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine
Opal
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Phoenix Essences, Oneupshroom Cap (works as a Phoenix Essence when eaten), 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom,
Smoke Bomb ,
Fire Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Skadi Bomb, 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies), 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

Level 32
*Well-read*
*Fast Learner*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
&
Wind

Power:
(31+31)

Health:
42/42
(10+31+1)

Ether:
25/42
(10+31+1)

Gold:

Water:
1/3

Equipment:
hexed
on demons and
doomed
on humanoids; retrievable book), Tattered Robe (Max. Health +1, Max. Ether +1; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)

Inventory:
enamored
fast asleep
badly poisoned
; retrievable book), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening

OoC: you forgot that I healed myself using Mediq earlier. I guess it won't matter.. but just in case..

"It kinda does. So unless anyone disagrees strongly I'll hold onto those 1500 gold pieces and hear what the Oracle wants to do with them once we come back. Yes, I'm sure we all could find a ton of stuff to spend it on, but for once I'd like to think of others instead of just myself. (yes, I might have hit my head earlier)"

"And since I'm an ether user and haven't really given myself any good loot yet I'll take that hourglass the demon bitch left behind when Byblos banished her back to wherever she came from."

Final loot distribution of the optional boss battle:

Namyrra: hourglass, crown (for selling later)

Nyx: helmet

Atramor helmet, golden key (in case it matters)

OoC: you forgot that I healed myself using Mediq earlier. I guess it won't matter.. but just in case..

QM Note: Fixed.

Byblos turns towards the others.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Aren't we done here? We vanquished the demon that had been plagued the Oracle's dreams, as well as the one that caused this cursed desert to appear in the first place - and on top of that, I can now finish my studies on the Pandemonicon, just like the Veterans wanted me to do. I almost faltered at my personal mission, but I had you backing me up. I cannot thank you enough, my friends. I know you had your doubts, and I don't blame you. Just trust me that I can handle this book from now on. I will not become another King Haeresias or Nebukadnezzar."

After they had packed all the loot and gold into the bags, the heroes exited the ziggurat and walked to the gates of the city. In the horizon they spotted two running figures as a stark contrast to the monochromatic desert.

heroicaquest85-desert.jpg

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Isn't that Miss Everdream? Who is she chasing? All I can make out is a wide-brimmed hat and a flowing cape..."

Party:

Level 31
*Immune to
Fire
Water
Lightning
Wood
Light
Darkness

Power:
(31+15)

Defense:
(12+6+4+4)

Health:
61/61
(7+30+12+6+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness
elemental, dual strike, daggers), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Galactic Armor (SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to
fire
light
darkness
, and doomed, bodywear),Rat's Hide (SP: 4, backwear), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear), Amulet of the Court (negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to
water
lightning
, and
wood
, accessory)

Inventory:
fire
ice
lightning
earth
wind
light
darkness
elemental staff), General's Dagger (WP: 7, pierces SP, cannot be upgraded, dagger), Sylvania's Cowl (Grants
Animal Talk
, headwear), Tricorne (SP: 3, headwear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Health Core, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Agni Bomb, Gaia Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel

Bartholomew Docken
, The Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

Level 35 2/4
*Scary*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile

Power:
(35+10)

Defense:
(20+3)

Health:
46/66
(6+34+8+18)

Gold:

Equipment:
Blinded
Scary
-effect; immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Defense Reduction
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile
; Headwear), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; damage of all Free Hits is halved; bodywear), Cobweb Cowl (immune to sudden death; backwear), Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; Accessory)

Inventory:
Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club), Iris Shield (SP:0; reflects physical damage back to the attacker regardless of row or defense, if the user survives the attack.)

fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear), Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; Handwear)

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

***Party Leader***

Level 36 2/4
*Immune to

Power
(36+45)

Defence
(5+3+2)

Health
: 50/50
(5+35+5+
)

Ether
: 47/53
(5+35+1+1+5+4)

Gold
: 1558

Equipment
fire
ice
wind
water
lightning
earth
wood
light
and
darkness
elemental), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Ether:5. immune to Sealing, bodywear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, backwear), Medal of Glory (gain triple XP; accessory)

Inventory
: Empyreal Staff (WP:15), Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff), Oriental Crossbow (WP:7, Crossbow), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, asleep effect, instrument), Sabre (WP:8, longsword), Gold Dragon Crown (+6 max ether, immunity to lightning and stunned), Seductive Perfume (adds Enamored effect to all attacks), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Amethyst
Emerald
Topaz
Garnet
Diamond
Sapphire
Ruby
Aquamarine
, 5 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, Health Core, Tonic, 3 Ether Cores, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 6 Meads, 7 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 3 Ambrosia, 11 Venom, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, 8 Water Bombs, 3 Dirt Bombs, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Agni Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle), Soul Cage (doomed-effect to all combatants), Naamah’s Hourglass (Randomly causes either hastened or slowed to the target at the cost of 3 ether), Skeleton Decoy, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq), 4 Bones, Crown (Worth 300 gold)

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 30 1/4
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Poisoned, Asleep, Fast Asleep, Sealed Confused and Hexed*

Power:
(30+5+1+1)

Defense:
(4+4)

Health:
41/41
(5+29+5+2)

Ether:
21/42
(5+29+1+5+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Healing Staff (WP: 5; staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elements and confused- and hexed-effects), Sandman's Parasol (Immune to asleep and fast asleep; accessory), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear)

Inventory:
ice
light
- and
darkness
-elemental, necromancers raise enemies with 2 extra levels, staff), Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep; wand), Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, suitable to everyone), Explosive Staff (WP: 12; does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row); staff), Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits; dagger), High Heels (+1 power; footwear), Chef’s Apron (Immunity to fire and poisoned; bodywear), Shiny Helmet (+1 max health; headwear), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened; accessory), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to fire and lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Ruby
Diamond
, 2
Amethysts
Topaz
Sapphire
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine
Opal
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Phoenix Essences, Oneupshroom Cap (works as a Phoenix Essence when eaten), 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb ,Fire Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Skadi Bomb, 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies), 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

Level 32
*Well-read*
*Fast Learner*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
&
Wind

Power:
(31+31)

Health:
42/42
(10+31+1)

Ether:
25/42
(10+31+1)

Gold:

Water:
1/3

Equipment:
hexed
on demons and
doomed
fire
earth
- and
wind

Inventory:
enamored
fast asleep
badly poisoned

"I'd argue we deserve a little extra reward for killin' a second archdemon, plus finally puttin' her husband to rest...just throwin' it out there."

Atramor's eyes follow the strange figure running in the distance.

"Namyrra, maybe a few turns of that hourglass could slow the bastard down?"

"I think we'll get some extra reward, so don't be greedy, just wait."

"And yes, maybe this hourglass can slow him/her/it down. Worth a try I suppose.."

"If that doesn't work perhaps Byblos can put him/her/it to sleep? Not sure if it will work at this distance though.."

"I think we'll get some extra reward, so don't be greedy, just wait."

"And yes, maybe this hourglass can slow him/her/it down. Worth a try I suppose.."

"If that doesn't work perhaps Byblos can put him/her/it to sleep? Not sure if it will work at this distance though.."

The figure is too far off for any spell to reach it.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"None of us packed a telescope, huh? We could have gotten a better look at who Miss Everdream was chasing with one, but no use crying over spilt banana juice. We should probably head back to Farzibar. That is where that pursuit seems to be headed, after all..."

The night fell upon them as they trekked through the desert. No longer needing to drink up or cover themselves from heat and sandstorms, the trip back was uneventful.

heroicaquest85-farzibar4.jpg

The village of Farzibar was fast asleep. The only source of light and noise was the Drunken Monkey Bar.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Can we go and bid farewell to Hathor and Nizam, or are we in a hurry to return to Eubric?"

The heroes stop by at the bar to see their acquaintances in Farzibar for one last time.

heroicaquest85-drunkenmonkey2.jpg

Hathor rushes to hug Byblos as soon as the party steps inside the bar.

heroicaquest85-hathor.jpg

"Byblos-baby, you made it back! I was beginning to worry! You look much better now, too! Nothing like a good healthy trip to the outdoors to clean up all the dust gathered from the years spent with the books, eh?"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Eh, of course, Auntie Hathor. That must've been it..."

Meanwhile, Nizam is on his good way back to total drunkedness.

heroicaquest85-drunkenman.jpg

"Friendsh! What a great pleashure to shee you all in one piece! I don't remember there being sho many of you, though... Did you run into a multiplying demon or shhhh...?" Nizam's head hits the table, and within seconds he begins snoring.

heroicaquest85-hathor.jpg

"Dear old Nizam... Oh! By the way, I saw the demon huntress you hired run past the bar earlier. She was after some man with a wide-brimmed hat. They both entered the abandoned house, the one with the... you know... secret portal", Hathor taps the side of her snout. "What was that all about?"

"It's a bar, of course we're going in.. oh, we're here. Hello Hathor! Any chance of a free drink?" Nyx smiles hopefully

"Oh, and guys, can we go after Catnip? I liked her and I like the sound of an abandoned house and we might be able to kill someone. Maybe I could use his hat to hide this ugly helmet?"

Atramor blinked.

"They went into- shit, how could they know about that? I don't 'spose you've seen that guy around here before?"

"Nyx, if they went into the house, there's a damn good chance they're at the Oracle and in Eubric right now. We've got enough uncooperative killers with a taste for vengeance there, I say we get over there and see what the hell's goin' on."

"Oh" Nyx blushes "THAT abandoned house. I thought it was, uhm, another one. I need a drink. But we should probably go after them very soon."

"Sorry Nyx, but I think you'll have to skip that drink. I'll get you one afterwards though. Now, to the abandoned house!"

"I need a drink."

"Yet another reason we oughta get back there. I've tasted nothin' but blood, sand, and bad wine the past twelve hours..."

"Sorry Nyx, but I think you'll have to skip that drink. I'll get you one afterwards though. Now, to the abandoned house!"

"Whaaa? I can drink very quickly, you know."

"Yet another reason we oughta get back there. I've tasted nothin' but blood, sand, and bad wine the past twelve hours..."

"But we're in a bar. That serves drinks. And bad wine is better than no wine." :cry_sad:

"But we're in a bar. That serves drinks. And bad wine is better than no wine." :cry_sad:

"Free drinks are also better than no drinks, ain't they?"

"Dearest Nyx, I think catching up with Catnip and whoever she's chasing is more important than drinks right now."