Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest #85: Visions of an Unblinking Terror

"I don't see any reason to help someone worshippin' a damn book enslave an archdemon. I was about to suggest we head down inside the ziggurat and kill that thing before ya' completely lost it."

"I don't see any reason to help someone worshippin' a damn book enslave an archdemon. I was about to suggest we head down inside the ziggurat and kill that thing before ya' completely lost it."

Byblos glares at Atramor angrily as he reaches for the book. As he clutches the Pandemonicon begins to look nauseous again.

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

"What would you understand? Nothing..."

Byblos is slowed, weakened and fragile again.

" 'What would I understand?' This is the second archdemon I've killed, mate, and I've taken out countless others besides. Doesn't take much thinkin' to know not to trust them - or anyone workin' with them."

His eyes narrows further. Atramor still held his dagger tightly, the blade covered in Byblos' blood already.

"Put that damn book down before it gets you killed."

"The shield is the only loot that I'm interested in as well. The bombs have no real value to me."

" 'What would I understand?' This is the second archdemon I've killed, mate, and I've taken out countless others besides. Doesn't take much thinkin' to know not to trust them - or anyone workin' with them."

His eyes narrows further. Atramor still held his dagger tightly, the blade covered in Byblos' blood already.

"Put that damn book down before it gets you killed."

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

"But I have no intention of working with demons! I seek knowledge, you see, as knowledge is power. The Pandemonicon might be the one of the most potent books in history, but it is still just a book. Books don't kill people." Byblos wheezes and bursts into another coughing fit.

"Thank you for reviving me, Atramor. I would have hated to have missed the end of that." Nyx looks with curiosity at Namyrra, but distracts herself by slipping on her High Heels.

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

"Books don't kill people."

"Byblos, I beg to differ." Nyx lifts her own tome, with the blood of various enemies adding a rich lustre to the cover, to make her point.

"Anyway, it is that book, I heard it talking to him during the battle. Right before I flaked out, in fact. That book is killing you Byblos, just look at the state of you, so if we find this Naamah then hopefully you can break this curse. I'm up for that, it's just another big bad to destroy, and that's what we do isn't it? I also suggest we start looking for Naamah in that ziggurat we passed, and that'll keep Atramor (and me, I wanted to look in there too - there might be shoes!) happy. Our time here isn't done, I think we can all sense that, so let's do the job properly, right? What's a little more bloodshed, after all?"

Nyx grins at her companions, even though they don't look very close to grinning themselves.

"The book will teach you how to enslave archdemons, but it doesn't have the capability to kill you? Yeah, right. Nyx, he don't wanna kill the damn thing, the book's tellin' him to take control of it. We can't even trust this ape to hold his own in battle, why the hell should we trust him with this?"

QM Note: Still waiting for Quarryman to divvy up the loot, but I'll move you on anyway.

Alas, I will be away for the rest of the day and tomorrow, so the next update will come on Sunday.

"Nyx, he don't wanna kill the damn thing, the book's tellin' him to take control of it. We can't even trust this ape to hold his own in battle, why the hell should we trust him with this?"

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

"Your ignorance breaks my heart, Atramor. Demons cannot be killed in the first place, only banished back to where they came from. Someone must have summoned them to this place from their own plane of existence. Why should only the villains be able to control demons like that, to do their dirty work for them? Would it not be only fair that heroes had the same advantage? Demons are creatures of destruction, I know, but I firmly believe that if they are properly studied, they can be used to oppose evil as well."

Byblos tried to give the others an assuring smile, but pain made him wince.

The party then decided to walk down the stairs and check the interior of the ziggurat. They entered the dark, dusty hall through the few windows that still remained above the sand. Inside, they found human corpses wrapped into something that looked like cobweb.

heroicaquest85-palace3.jpg

"If it ain't in our world right now, it's dead. You say ya' know what they are, but you go on about your plans as if you're unaware the hundreds of idiots like you thinking they can control things whose only nature is to destroy. Just because somethin's powerful don't mean you can twist it to your goals. You're part of Heroica, you should know damn well how these things always turn out. If you're gonna be that book's tool, fine, go rot tryin' to do its impossible bidding, but if this demon manages to take control of you too, know I'd rather explain to the Oracle why I had to kill another hero than let you wander around like pawn you are."

Atramor uncorked and swallowed a Mulled Wine. McCafferey shot a beady look at him from his shoulder.

"Now let's get this other archdemon sorted out."

He knelt down and used his dagger to cut open the webbing around the body, trying to determine roughly how long it had been dead.

"Spiders, huh? Can't be much uglier than a floatin' eye."

OoC: I'm in Berlin until Monday, and have some difficulty getting online with my laptop at the hotel so loot splitting might have to wait until we're back at the conference center tomorrow.

"Oooh, spiders! I wonder if they're friends with Edgar? I miss him so much. And yes, we should deal with all the Archdemons we can, like this Naamah character, and anything else that gets in our way, even if we don't know which way we're actually going."

Nyx walks around the corpses, keeping an eye out for a giant spider or two, and looks for anything useful or valuable, cutting open the remaining webbing with her own small dagger.

"Until we move somewhere new, I think it's time for a wardrobe change." Nyx takes a brief moment to exchange her Robe of the Archmagi for her Chef's Apron.

Loot distribution:

Docken: Iris shield

Namyrra: Aeolus bomb, Agni bomb

Atramor: Gaia bomb

Nyx: Rudra bomb, Skadi bomb

OoC: if anyone disagrees strongly with distributing this way shout out, I've tried my best to be fair and went back to check all the previous battles too.

OoC: I have a Magnifying Glass? When did I get that? :wacko::blush:

"Thank you, Miss Uq."

I examine the corpses with my Magnifying Glass, I check the ceiling for traps, and, if none are found, I poke the ceiling with my Shovel.

Nyx accepts her loot from Namyrra with a nod of thanks.

"Hey Docken, do you want to check the ceiling for traps before you poke it with your shovel? We don't want it to come down on top of us."

"Yes, good point."

I examine the corpses with my Magnifying Glass, I check the ceiling for traps, and, if none are found, I poke the ceiling with my Shovel.

He knelt down and used his dagger to cut open the webbing around the body, trying to determine roughly how long it had been dead.

Atramor opens the webbing and finds the corpse of a man wearing an elaborate crown. He can determine that the man has not been dead for too long, a few decades at most. The dry desert air and the cobweb has conserved the body well. Since he hasn't been given a proper burial, it's not unreasonable to assume the corpse had been King Nebukadnezzar XIII himself.

Nyx walks around the corpses, keeping an eye out for a giant spider or two, and looks for anything useful or valuable, cutting open the remaining webbing with her own small dagger.

Besides the king, Nyx finds the corpses of two guards. There are also several heavy, gilded chests, but they are all locked.

The corpses have nothing special about them, but as Docken looks up, he sees a pair of gleaming eyes looking down at the party. Then the still air stirrs, and a huge spider with a woman's upper body descends on a narrow string of webbing from the shadows above. As she got closer, the heroes saw sand dripping from the spider's eyes. She was also carrying a large hourglass.

heroicaquest85-naamah.jpg

"SO IT WAS YOU WHO CAUSED THE RUCKUS ABOVE. I SENSED THAT AHRIMAN WAS BANISHED BACK TO WHERE HE BELONGED. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE MAN HAD TO HIM BACK WITH THE PANDEMONICON HE TOOK FROM HERE."

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

"W-wait! You are Naamah, correct? Are you saying there was a copy of the Pandemonicon in this palace?"

"YES, I AM NAAMAH. SOME MOCKINGLY CALL ME THE GREEDY WIDOW. AND INDEED, A MAN TOOK THE LATE KING'S PANDEMONICON AND USED IT TO OPEN A GATEWAY TO AZAZOT, BRINGING AHRIMAN BACK TO THIS WORLD. ALL I COULD DO WAS WATCH, FOR HE WAS TOO POWERFULTO DISOBEY. BUT THEN THE MAN JUST LEFT BOTH OF US HERE, TELLING US TO WAIT UNTIL HE GOT HIS INVESTIGATIONS DONE. AHRIMAN AND I AGREED TO CALL A TRUCE FOR THE TIME BEING, BUT I AM GLAD HE IS GONE AGAIN. THIS LAND BELONGS TO ME!"

Byblos turns to the others with a worried look.

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

"I I understood correctly, there was another Pandemonicon here which was taken by this mysterious man. He instantly used it to control Naamah and summon another archdemon here as well, which means he is powerful beyond belief. Do you see now what I meant by the book rather being in the hands of someone good rather than someone with malicious intents?! And to think there's two surviving copies now..."

"AH, YES! YOU ARE A BEARER OF A PANDEMONICON YOURSELF! AND MUCH WEAKER THAN THAT MAN... I SHOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE DISPOSING YOU AND GIVING THE BOOK BACK TO MY BELOVED KING. RISE, MY HUSBAND THE RULER OF AZZURAT! CLAIM BACK WHAT IS YOURS!"

As the archdemon turned the hourglass in her hands, the bodies in the room began to stir. Soon the heroes were faced with not only an spider demoness but three reanimated corpses as well.

heroicaquest85-palace4.jpg

heroicaquest85-kingnebukadnezzar.jpg

"Give... me... back... my... book!"

PREPARE FOR OPTIONAL BOSS BATTLE!

Enemies:

heroicaquest85-ghoulguarda.jpg

Ghoul Guard Abeb

*Immune to poisoned, doomed and sudden death*

Type: Undead/Humanoid

Level: 52

Defense: 4

Health: 852/852

Special I:
Cover
– The guard takes damage instead of King Nebukadnezzar until the end of the next round. Used only if the king is standing.

Special II:
Long Live the King
– The guard sacrifices himself to revive King Nebukadnezzar with as much health as the guard had left.

Drops: Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear)

heroicaquest85-ghoulguardb.jpg

Ghoul Guard Babool

Special I:
Cover
– The guard takes damage instead of King Nebukadnezzar until the end of the next round. Used only if the king is standing.

Special II:
Long Live the King
– The guard sacrifices himself to revive King Nebukadnezzar with as much health as the guard had left.

Ghoul of King Nebukadnezzar XIII Azzurati

*Immune to all negative effects and sudden death*

Level: 64

Health: 1283/1283

Special:
The book is mine!
– Forcibly takes the Pandemonicon from Byblos, knocking him out (unless the book has not been retrieved) and changing the special skill.

Drops: Crown (Worth 300 gold), Golden Keyring (quest item)

Naamah the Greedy Widow

Type: Demon/Rock

Level: 76

Health: 2407/2407

Ether: 10/10

Special I:
Sands of Time
– Causes either hastened- or slowed-effect to each combatant. Hastened and slowed negate each other. Costs 3 ether.

Special II:
Web of Fate
– Causes doomed -effect to all opponents. Costs 2 ether.

Special III:
Tears of Sand
– Causes 76 earth-elemental damage and bound-effect to the target regardless of row. Costs 1 ether.

Drops: Naamah’s Hourglass (Randomly causes either hastened or slowed to the target at the cost of 3 ether)

Note: Special is randomly chosen.

Party:

9695105479_fbd0eeca72_t.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

31 year old male human Regulator

Level 30 3/4
*Immune to
Fire
Water
Lightning
Wood
Light
Darkness
, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last 1 Round*
*Battle Style: Orderly*
*Inspired*

Power:
(30+7)

Defense:
(6+12+3+4)

Health:
108/120
54/60
(7+29+12+6+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
General's Dagger (WP: 7, pierces SP, cannot be upgraded, dagger),
Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Galactic Armor (SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to
fire
light
darkness
, and doomed, bodywear),
Rat's Hide (SP: 4, backwear),
Tricorne (SP: 3, headwear),
Amulet of the Court (negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to
water
lightning
, and
wood
, accessory)

Inventory:
Pheles Rod (WP: 20, has 1/2 chance of inflicting Aura each turn, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them,
fire
ice
lightning
earth
wind
light
darkness
elemental staff),
Tiger Claws (WP: 15, double WP against humanoids,
darkness
elemental, dual strike, daggers),
Sylvania's Cowl (Grants
Animal Talk
, headwear),
Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear),
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)
, Health Core, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row),
Agni Bomb, Gaia Bomb,
Pickaxe, Shovel

gallery_11254_206_17653.png

Bartholomew Docken
, The Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

32-year-old male human Warden

Level 34 3/4
*Takes Halved Damage from Free Hits* *Gain Triple Experience*
*Scary*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Defense Reduction, Removal of Positive Effects, Sudden Death,
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile

Power:
(34+10)

Defense:
(20+3)

Health:
45/65
(6+33+8+18)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darksteel Crossbow (WP: 10;
Blinded
-effect), Mythril Shield (SP: 20), Dread Hat (permanent
Scary
-effect; immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Defense Reduction
Removal of Positive Effects
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile
; Headwear), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; damage of all Free Hits is halved; bodywear), Cobweb Cowl (immune to sudden death; backwear),
Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; Accessory)

Inventory:
Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club),
Iris Shield (SP:0; reflects physical damage back to the attacker regardless of row or defense, if the user survives the attack.)

• Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; Handwear)

• Grand Potions (5), Health Cores (3), Remedies (5), Phoenix Incense, Smoke Bombs (3), Bones (7), Teleportapple, Adamantite Shard (1/4 Adamantite)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

1337 years old female Fenarian Necromancer
***Party Leader***

Level 35 3/4
*Immune to
Sealed* *Gain Triple Experience*

Power
: 80
(35+45)

Defence
: 10
(5+3+2)

Health
: 40/49
(5+34+5+
)

Ether
: 14/52
(5+34+1+1+5+4)

Gold
: 58

Equipment
: Crystal Mace (WP:45 (5 multiplied by the amount of gems imbued),
fire
ice
wind
water
lightning
earth
wood
light
and
darkness
elemental), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Ether:5. immune to Sealing, bodywear),
Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, backwear),
Medal of Glory (gain triple XP; accessory)

Inventory
: Empyreal Staff (WP:15), Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff), Oriental Crossbow (WP:7, Crossbow), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, asleep effect, instrument), Sabre (WP:8, longsword), Gold Dragon Crown (+6 max ether, immunity to lightning and stunned), Seductive Perfume (adds Enamored effect to all attacks),
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear)
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)
Amethyst
Emerald
Topaz
Garnet
Diamond
Sapphire
Ruby
Aquamarine
, 5 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, Health Core, Tonic, 4 Ether Cores, Remedy, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 6 Meads, 7 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 3 Ambrosia, 11 Venom, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, 8 Water Bombs, 3 Dirt Bombs, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Agni Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle), Soul Cage (doomed-effect to all combatants), Skeleton Decoy, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq), 4 Bones

heroicaquest85-undeadcrimsonscorpion.jpg

Crimson Scorpion A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 27

Element: Darkness

Crimson Scorpion B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracennomada.jpg

Saracen Nomad A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracennomadb.jpg

Saracen Nomad B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracensabredancera.jpg

Saracen Sabredancer A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 28

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracensabredancerb.jpg

Saracen Sabredancer B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-duneghoul.jpg

Dune Ghoul A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 38

heroicaquest85-undeadpyromancer.jpg

Saracen Pyromancer (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 40

heroicaquest85-undeadsaladdin.jpg

Saladdin, the Prince of Thieves (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 50

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

19 years old female human Battle Mage

Level 30
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Poisoned,
Asleep, Fast Asleep,
Confused and Hexed*

Power:
(15+30+1+1)

Defense:

Health:
41/41
(5+29+5+2)

Ether:
26/42
(5+29+5+1+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zee Standard (WP: 15,
ice
light
- and
darkness
-elemental, necromancers raise enemies with 2 extra levels, staff),
Chef’s Apron (Immunity to fire and poison; bodywear),
Mirage Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elements and confused- and hexed-effects),
Sandman's Parasol (Immune to asleep and fast asleep; accessory),
High Heels (+1 power; footwear)

Inventory:
Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep; wand),
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, suitable to everyone), Explosive Staff (WP: 12; does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row); staff),
Healing Staff (WP: 5; staff)
Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits; dagger), Shiny Helmet (+1 max health; headwear), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened; accessory), ,
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, immune to sealed; bodywear),
Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to fire and lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Ruby
Diamond
, 2
Amethysts
Topaz
Sapphire
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine
Opal
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Phoenix Essences, Oneupshroom Cap (works as a Phoenix Essence when eaten), 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom,
Smoke Bomb ,
Fire Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Skadi Bomb, 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies), 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

Byblos (NPC, controlled by Quarryman)

28 years old male Metasimian Scholar

Level 31 2/4
*Well-read*
*Fast Learner*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
&
Wind
*Fragile*
*Weakened*
*Slowed*

Power:
(31+30)

Health:
1/41
(10+30+1)

Ether:
25/41
(10+30+1)

Gold:

Water:
1/3

Equipment:
Pandemonicon (WP:30 [equal to user's level], inflicts
hexed
on demons and
doomed
on humanoids; retrievable book), Tattered Robe (Max. Health +1, Max. Ether +1; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)

Inventory:
"Gone With the Mind" (WP:12, inflicts
enamored
; retrievable book), "Classical Philosophic Theories" (WP:11, inflicts
fast asleep
; retrievable book) "100 Venoms for Beginners" (WP:10, inflicts
badly poisoned
; retrievable book), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Banana (restores full health to user)

"A spider lady, that's kinda cool. Let's get started, shall we?"

Nyx grabs her Amethyst and focuses a Darkness spell through her Zee Standard at Ghoul Guard Abeb from the back row.

Atramor stowed his dagger, drawing the Pheles Rod and swinging viciously at Babool from the back row.

"Leave the king, I'll take his hit. Who the hell summoned Ahriman, Lady Spiderass?"

"Okay Atramor, if you're fine with being hit on by the king you're very welcome."

Saladdin and pyromancer attack Nebukadnezzar

"Byblos, I think you should stay in the back row and eat your banana."

Namyrra prepares a light spell at Naamah from the back row.

Battle order:

Undead horde

Atramor

Docken

Namyrra

Nyx

Byblos

Naamah laughs at Atramor's insult. Combined with the tears of sand rolling down her cheeks, the laughter is spine-chilling.

"YOUR WORDS ARE MEANINGLESS TO ME, MORTAL. YOU MAY WIELD MEPHISTO'S ROD, BUT YOUR LIFE IS NO MORE THAN A GRAIN OF SAND IN THE GREAT HOURGLASS OF ETERNITY. THAT MAN WHO RETRIEVED THE PANDEMONICON, THOUGH, HE IS DIFFERENT. HE COULD POTENTIALLY TURN THE WHOLE HOURGLASS UPSIDE DOWN AND RESTART THE FLOW OF TIME. HMMM, MAYBE I WILL MARRY HIM NEXT..."

Results of Round One of the Naamah Battle:

Saladdin hits Nebukadnezzar - (Nebukadnezzar: 1283 health-(50x2=100 dmg)=1183 health; Namyrra: -1 ether)

Pyromancer hits Nebukadnezzar - (Nebukadnezzar: 1183 health-(40x2=80 dmg)=1103 health; Namyrra: -1 ether)

>Atramor (Pheles Rod) vs. Ghoul Guard Babool - Special Damage (Cover - Babool: cover Nebukadnezzar; Atramor: Aura)

>Docken vs. Naamah - Critical Hit (Naamah: 2407 health-54 dmg=2353 health)

>Namyrra (Light) vs. Naamah - Special Damage (Sands of Time - Atramor: hastened & slowed; Naamah: -3 ether)

>Nyx (Darkness) vs. Ghoul Guard Abeb - Spell Counter (Nyx Atramor: 216 health+25 SP-(52/2=26 dmg)=215 health; Abeb: 852 health+4 SP-(47x2=94 dmg)=762 health; Nyx: -1 ether)

>Byblos uses Banana on himself - (Byblos: full health restored)

Nebukadnezzar - Free Hit vs. Atramor (Atramor: 215 health+25 SP-(64/2=32 dmg)=208 health)

Being able to make use of her personal army again, Namyrra orders some of her undead to attack the ghoul of the late king. The Pheles Rod dons an Aura over Atramor, while the Ghoul Guard Babool covers his king from damage. Docken lands a critical hit on Naamah. The archdemoness then uses her hourglass to warp time, but Atramor draws the attack on himself, becoming both hastened and slowed. Atramor also takes damage for Nyx, who in turn fires a dark spell at the attacker. Byblos finally peels open the sole banana he packed for the voyage.

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

"Farewell, my friend", the librarian whispers as he gulps the banana down. It has began to rot in the heat, but it still does it's job. King Nebukadnezzar lunges at Atramor, injuring him further.

All enemies still remain.

Enemies:

heroicaquest85-ghoulguarda.jpg

Ghoul Guard Abeb

Health: 762/852

Special I:
Cover

Special II:
Long Live the King

heroicaquest85-ghoulguardb.jpg

Ghoul Guard Babool

Special I:
Cover

Special II:
Long Live the King

Ghoul of King Nebukadnezzar XIII Azzurati

*Covered by Babool for 1 round*

Level: 64

Health: 1103/1283

Special:
The book is mine!
– Forcibly takes the Pandemonicon from Byblos, knocking him out (unless the book has not been retrieved) and changing the special skill.

Drops: Crown (Worth 300 gold), Golden Keyring (quest item)

Naamah the Greedy Widow

Type: Demon/Rock

Level: 76

Health: 2353/2407

Ether: 7/10

Special I:
Sands of Time
– Causes either hastened- or slowed-effect to each combatant. Hastened and slowed negate each other. Costs 3 ether.

Special II:
Web of Fate
– Causes doomed -effect to all opponents. Costs 2 ether.

Special III:
Tears of Sand
– Causes 76 earth-elemental damage and bound-effect to the target regardless of row. Costs 1 ether.

Drops: Naamah’s Hourglass (Randomly causes either hastened or slowed to the target at the cost of 3 ether)

Note: Special is randomly chosen.

Party:

9695105479_fbd0eeca72_t.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

31 year old male human Regulator

Level 30 3/4
*Immune to
Fire
Water
Lightning
Wood
Light
Darkness
, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last 1 Round*
*Battle Style: Orderly*
*Inspired*
*Aura*
*Hastened*
*Slowed for 1 round*

Power:
(30+7)

Defense:
(6+12+3+4)

Health:
208/240
54/60
(7+29+12+6+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
General's Dagger (WP: 7, pierces SP, cannot be upgraded, dagger),
Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Galactic Armor (SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to
fire
light
darkness
, and doomed, bodywear),
Rat's Hide (SP: 4, backwear),
Tricorne (SP: 3, headwear),
Amulet of the Court (negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to
water
lightning
, and
wood
, accessory)

Inventory:
Pheles Rod (WP: 20, has 1/2 chance of inflicting Aura each turn, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them,
fire
ice
lightning
earth
wind
light
darkness
elemental staff),
Tiger Claws (WP: 15, double WP against humanoids,
darkness
elemental, dual strike, daggers),
Sylvania's Cowl (Grants
Animal Talk
, headwear),
fire
earth
- and
wind
, Health Core, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row),
Agni Bomb, Gaia Bomb,
Pickaxe, Shovel

gallery_11254_206_17653.png

Bartholomew Docken
, The Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

32-year-old male human Warden

Level 34 3/4
*Takes Halved Damage from Free Hits* *Gain Triple Experience*
*Scary*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Defense Reduction, Removal of Positive Effects, Sudden Death,
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile

Power:
(34+10)

Defense:
(20+3)

Health:
45/65
(6+33+8+18)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darksteel Crossbow (WP: 10;
Blinded
-effect), Mythril Shield (SP: 20), Dread Hat (permanent
Scary
-effect; immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Defense Reduction
Removal of Positive Effects
Confusion
Blindness
Badly Poisoned
, and
Fragile
; Headwear), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; damage of all Free Hits is halved; bodywear), Cobweb Cowl (immune to sudden death; backwear),
Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; Accessory)

Inventory:
Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club),
Iris Shield (SP:0; reflects physical damage back to the attacker regardless of row or defense, if the user survives the attack.)

• Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; Handwear)

• Grand Potions (5), Health Cores (3), Remedies (5), Phoenix Incense, Smoke Bombs (3), Bones (7), Teleportapple, Adamantite Shard (1/4 Adamantite)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

1337 years old female Fenarian Necromancer
***Party Leader***

Level 35 3/4
*Immune to
Sealed* *Gain Triple Experience*

Power
: 80
(35+45)

Defence
: 10
(5+3+2)

Health
: 40/49
(5+34+5+
)

Ether
: 12/52
(5+34+1+1+5+4)

Gold
: 58

Equipment
: Crystal Mace (WP:45 (5 multiplied by the amount of gems imbued),
fire
ice
wind
water
lightning
earth
wood
light
and
darkness
elemental), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Ether:5. immune to Sealing, bodywear),
Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, backwear),
Medal of Glory (gain triple XP; accessory)

Inventory
: Empyreal Staff (WP:15), Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff), Oriental Crossbow (WP:7, Crossbow), Nocturne Flute (WP:6, asleep effect, instrument), Sabre (WP:8, longsword), Gold Dragon Crown (+6 max ether, immunity to lightning and stunned), Seductive Perfume (adds Enamored effect to all attacks),
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear)
Amethyst
Emerald
Topaz
Garnet
Diamond
Sapphire
Ruby
Aquamarine
, 5 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, Health Core, Tonic, 4 Ether Cores, Remedy, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 6 Meads, 7 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrum, 3 Ambrosia, 11 Venom, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, 8 Water Bombs, 3 Dirt Bombs, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Agni Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle), Soul Cage (doomed-effect to all combatants), Skeleton Decoy, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq), 4 Bones

Crimson Scorpion A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Crimson Scorpion B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracennomada.jpg

Saracen Nomad A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracennomadb.jpg

Saracen Nomad B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracensabredancera.jpg

Saracen Sabredancer A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-undeadsaracensabredancerb.jpg

Saracen Sabredancer B (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

heroicaquest85-duneghoul.jpg

Dune Ghoul A (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 38

heroicaquest85-undeadpyromancer.jpg

Saracen Pyromancer (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 40

heroicaquest85-undeadsaladdin.jpg

Saladdin, the Prince of Thieves (Undead, controlled by Namyrra)

Level: 50

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

19 years old female human Battle Mage

Level 30
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
, Poisoned,
Asleep, Fast Asleep,
Confused and Hexed*

Power:
(15+30+1+1)

Defense:

Health:
41/41
(5+29+5+2)

Ether:
25/42
(5+29+5+1+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zee Standard (WP: 15,
ice
light
- and
darkness
-elemental, necromancers raise enemies with 2 extra levels, staff),
Chef’s Apron (Immunity to fire and poison; bodywear),
Mirage Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elements and confused- and hexed-effects),
Sandman's Parasol (Immune to asleep and fast asleep; accessory),
High Heels (+1 power; footwear)

Inventory:
Lullaby Wand (WP:6, inflicts asleep; wand),
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero, suitable to everyone), Explosive Staff (WP: 12; does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row); staff),
Healing Staff (WP: 5; staff)
Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits; dagger), Shiny Helmet (+1 max health; headwear), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened; accessory), ,
Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, immune to sealed; bodywear),
Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to fire and lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
Ruby
Diamond
, 2
Amethysts
Topaz
Sapphire
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine
Opal
, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 4 Phoenix Essences, Oneupshroom Cap (works as a Phoenix Essence when eaten), 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom,
Smoke Bomb ,
Fire Bomb, Rudra Bomb, Skadi Bomb, 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies), 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

heroicanpc-byblos2.jpg

Byblos (NPC, controlled by Quarryman)

28 years old male Metasimian Scholar

Level 31 2/4
*Well-read*
*Fast Learner*
*Immune to
Fire
Earth
&
Wind
*Fragile*
*Weakened*
*Slowed*

Power:
(31+30)

Health:
41/41
(10+30+1)

Ether:
25/41
(10+30+1)

Gold:

Water:
1/3

Equipment:
Pandemonicon (WP:30 [equal to user's level], inflicts
hexed
on demons and
doomed
on humanoids; retrievable book), Tattered Robe (Max. Health +1, Max. Ether +1; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to
fire
earth
- and
wind
-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory)

Inventory:
"Gone With the Mind" (WP:12, inflicts
enamored
; retrievable book), "Classical Philosophic Theories" (WP:11, inflicts
fast asleep
; retrievable book) "100 Venoms for Beginners" (WP:10, inflicts
badly poisoned
; retrievable book), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening

"Stupid sissy spider slut, you'll be banished from here and never marry again."

Undeads repeat

Namyrra repeats

Byblos does nothing in the back row

Same battle order

"I'd like to keep it that way."

Atramor continues his attack.