Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Haha oops. As I said, incoherent, fresh post episode thoughts. Sorry 'bout that!

So...

Lloyd is old (around Sensei's age) now... Not sure if he will stay that way, but if he does, it would be interesting if he has more of a Sensei Wu role both in the show and the sets. Not having a green ninja anymore would be really interesting. I wonder how that will play out...

Also, Cole was flashing from mortal to ghost in that last scene before he was captured... I wonder if he will be mortal after emerging from the sword. I'm both happy and sad about this... One one hand, there will be no more scenarios where he can't touch water that are just overlooked... On the other, I like how unique the team is getting and a ghost is pretty much as unique as they go. Not sure how the development process goes for this (I know it's sets first, then show) but not sure how this while character change fits in to development. I'm sure they're already thinking about next year's sets and I'm wondering if the decision to change him back to a human (if that's even the case) would be made by the Hagenmans or the set designers...

(Speaking of the Hagenmans, that was a really sweet cameo. If only they were actually voiced by the real Hagenmans and not IJC)

Maybe when they defeat Nadakhan, all their wishes went off.

Really not sure why Nya didn't bother to use her powers to help move the boat faster earlier. I do love that she had pretty much the same wish in mind as I had (wish for a tame Devourer). Not sure how wishing to make the Devourer angry at Nadakhan counts as harm. And wow, Zane's father really liked his secret underground laboratories. Kind of weirded out that he built a replacement for Zane, though. I'm growing ever more sure that Clancee's last wish will be what stops Nadakhan. Also nice to see that the blowdart in the dragon set isn't just a random addition. Clancee is showing a remarkable amount of competence this episode.

Did I miss something, or was Nya completely free to just stab Dogshank in the arm with her katana? Oh well, nice to see that the Tiger Widow isn't extinct. The ending was pretty bad, though. Sentimentality aside, Nya should have been the one to go through the portal.

Also, adding on to the ever-growing list of easy ways to incapacitate Nadakhan: Wish to have all of Nadakhan's internal organs in your hands yet remain functioning as if they were still inside his body. They still work, so it's not harm. Then take whatever sharp object you have and stab his organs with it until he either bleeds to death or you hit something vital. To avoid someone wishing the organs back inside of his body, try to stab either his inner ear or his brain first. Really, practically any wish can be phrased in such a way that the harm happens after the actual wish. At least the ninja are starting to realize that they shouldn't make abstract wishes. Anyone want to make a separate topic for all the ways Nadakhan could easily be defeated?

Wishing on the spot wouldn't be easy amd neither would crafting a wish so it wouldn back fire. All good story's have scenes where you could just end it all but it doesn't turn out that way.

Considering I spent all of 20 seconds coming up with these wishes, and the ninja had time to plan, it most definitely would be that easy. And a good story doesn't have those scenes. It prevents them from happening. Or, if it does, it acknowledges them and makes the character in question feel guilty for not coming up with an answer when it could have saved [insert victim here].

To be honest, this season is getting better and better. This episode is absolutely brilliant! I really love those Jaya moments, and Jay is being really serious in the fight part! He's like he's very mad at the Skypirates! Overall, this is one of the best Ninjago episode, I hope they will keep getting better!

Really not sure why Nya didn't bother to use her powers to help move the boat faster earlier. I do love that she had pretty much the same wish in mind as I had (wish for a tame Devourer). Not sure how wishing to make the Devourer angry at Nadakhan counts as harm. And wow, Zane's father really liked his secret underground laboratories. Kind of weirded out that he built a replacement for Zane, though. I'm growing ever more sure that Clancee's last wish will be what stops Nadakhan. Also nice to see that the blowdart in the dragon set isn't just a random addition. Clancee is showing a remarkable amount of competence this episode.

Did I miss something, or was Nya completely free to just stab Dogshank in the arm with her katana? Oh well, nice to see that the Tiger Widow isn't extinct. The ending was pretty bad, though. Sentimentality aside, Nya should have been the one to go through the portal.

You can't wish to do harm, which is basically rule 1 of why resurrecting the Devourer is an immediate and absolute bad idea. Wishing for a tame Great Devourer will only get you a baby Devourer that can't do anything, or a Devourer that is tame to Nadakhan. The ending wasn't that bad either, and it made more sense the way it occured. If Jay stayed behind and Nya left, Nadakhan would have taken measures to ensure Jay couldn't make his final wish, something we saw in the episode earlier. Nya would also be stuck without any help whatsoever, and it would be inevitable that Nadakhan would capture her, with no chance of Jay coming to her rescue. It's been established that Jay's final wish is what stops Nadakhan, making the option of Nya leaving an absolute dead end. Nadakhan would be free to hide Jay anywhere in Ninjago, and his flamboyant nature ensures that he would not do the same for the wedding.

Also, adding on to the ever-growing list of easy ways to incapacitate Nadakhan: Wish to have all of Nadakhan's internal organs in your hands yet remain functioning as if they were still inside his body. They still work, so it's not harm. Then take whatever sharp object you have and stab his organs with it until he either bleeds to death or you hit something vital. To avoid someone wishing the organs back inside of his body, try to stab either his inner ear or his brain first. Really, practically any wish can be phrased in such a way that the harm happens after the actual wish. At least the ninja are starting to realize that they shouldn't make abstract wishes. Anyone want to make a separate topic for all the ways Nadakhan could easily be defeated?

It's a kid's show. Maybe take a moment to think as to why they chose not to put blood, guts and murder on the screen instead of a moment thinking you've pointed out a critical plot hole when you actually haven't. Because:

1) The objective is to stop Nadakhan, not kill him. This has been the goal the entire time.

2) You're assuming that four-armed floating pirate genies have biology similar to IRL humans.

3) Your wording would probably make Nadakhan literally put his organs inside your hands.

Considering I spent all of 20 seconds coming up with these wishes, and the ninja had time to plan, it most definitely would be that easy. And a good story doesn't have those scenes. It prevents them from happening. Or, if it does, it acknowledges them and makes the character in question feel guilty for not coming up with an answer when it could have saved [insert victim here].

Spending 20 seconds while sitting behind a computer screen at home is much different to coming up with wishes while cornered by a magic floating four armed pirate genie, surrounded by said genie's pirate army or being hunted by said genie's pirate army.

I'm just making a list of random ways to defeat him. I'm not actually suggesting that they do that. Of course they wouldn't do that in a kids' show.

Also, generally, people think a lot faster when they feel threatened. More to the point, they had quite a few moments were they could just sit and think.

Yay! But that goes in set discussion, doesn't it?

Yeah, I just thought "wouldn't it be cool.." then I looked at the catalog pic and there he was! I liked his character. I hope we get the little robot too.

I'm really happy how this summer wave is based on the TV series, most of the sets are just in it to be in it.

Probably my favorite season, really. :laugh:

YES! We're getting that old Zane in the Lighthouse Siege set!

As a physical minifigure? Great!

This episode is my favorite from this season, so far. It has fantastic animation, great action sequences and story development. I wonder if Echo Zane will be relevant to the plot later in the series, and if Zane is ever going to meet his brother. Maybe Echo Zane's memory holds secrets about Dr. Julien's life and death that everybody wants to know - for example, how does Zane have ice powers and what power(ed) him (not sure if the power source blew up along with his old body).

At this point I shouldn't be surprised to watch another "standout" episode. This season has quickly become my favorite of the Series.

-Jay and Nya's relationship practically comes full circle. I know I'm probably going to say that again in a week, but this was still a highlight. Ever since I saw the promo with Jay and Nya riding the dragon together I've been waiting for the two of them to be the last Ninjas left, working together. Watching this episode makes me somehow appreciate the "love triangle" of season three, even though I hated it for so long.

-The "Zane" twist makes so much sense. Even though the younger "Zane" robot looks much more like the Titanium Ninja Zane than the Zane that Julien created, I still totally understood why Julien would build another one. While a robot falling apart was a cliche everyone saw coming, it was still fun to watch him take on the Pirates.

-The Lighthouse was a great choice for a location. While everyone was thinking "Sensei Yang's Temple" or "Ninjago Monastery", etc. few would expect to return there.

-It was also nice to see a Pirate commit mutiny. Come on, wasn't anyone expecting that? :tongue:

-Bonus points for the cleaner robot making an illegal chess move against Zane!

-Nya's new costume debuts in this episode. It's nice of Jay to bring a spare set of clothes, but...why would he have a uniform for Nya in his bag? Instead of for himself? That's really creepy, but I suppose "Quiet or papa spank!" was worse. I rewatched the episode because I couldn't remember where her new outfit came from, and I'm not so sure it was a good idea...

Also, Zane is credited as "Echo Zane" in the credits.

So the descriptions said Jay is going to get help from old allies to help stop Nadakhan's ceremonial wedding from taking place.

For these allies, I'm going to say that the police, Dareth and Ronin will definitely help out. Captain Soto may do so as well, perhaps just to fight Nadakhan. Echo Zane would help out too, and I'm going to say Flintlocke will as well. But it does say OLD allies, so the only remaining choices are the Elemental Masters and the Serpentine. It's obvious that Nadakhan will marry Nya and get infinite wishes (because every Ninjago villain achieve their goals), so Jay will need all the help he can get. Jay would've formed his own ragtag pirate crew, perhaps making him the 'pirate' ninja, like how Zane is the titanium ninja, Cole is the ghost ninja, Nya the samurai ninja and Lloyd the green AND gold ninja. Then it'd be only Kai without another ninja name.

Edit: Seems that Skylor will be in the next 2 episodes or in season 7

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87273&st=2325#entry2277808

Edited by TheOneBrick

It's obvious that Nadakhan will marry Nya and get infinite wishes

Can't wait to see this epic battle. I can imagine Nadakhan making wish after wish against an army of elemental masters.

Edit: Seems that Skylor will be in the next 2 episodes or in season 7

http://www.eurobrick...25#entry2277808

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Yeah, I'd assume she's an "old ally" that's called on.

Perhaps this is where the "Wu Cru" comes from? Jay's own motley band of misfits taking flight in the Destiny's Bounty against Misfortune's Keep?

Perhaps this is where the "Wu Cru" comes from? Jay's own motley band of misfits taking flight in the Destiny's Bounty against Misfortune's Keep?

I've been given the impression that Wu Cru is unrelated to actual canon per se, though I could be wrong. Truthfully, all I've got for Wu Cru is a code for Mission 4, a release date and a bunch of Wu Cru symbols in practically every episode.

(Actually I was beginning to think the Wu Cru symbols were the watermark Ninjajaynuva claims he puts in every episode. :tongue: )

I love the idea of all the ninja being different now. Zane as a robot, Cole as a ghost, Jay as a pirate, and Lloyd as an older man. That leaves kai, who needs a scar at least.

So...is anyone else disappointed that Jay threw his eyepatch into the ocean so non-chalantly without explanation in episode 61?

He did?

He did?

Yup, just checked. Pay special attention when he starts talking. If you're using Curtis' video, set the slider to 21:09.

Anyways, it's nice to have stuff in the background to watch out for besides kissing. :tongue:

He did?

Yup. It makes his Misfourtune variant, pretty useless...

I'm pretty sad that Lloyd is most likely never getting his drone... I thought it would mega evolve from a jetpack, to whatever the thing in MK was.

Do you think Ninjago will hit the next (4th?) generation, after the movie? That way, people who come to see it (from the movie), will be somewhat up to speed and not get lost with the characters.

Edited by gamejutzu

Do you think Ninjago will hit the next (4th?) generation, after the movie? That way, people who come to see it (from the movie), will be somewhat up to speed and not get lost with the characters.

There are a few ways the movie could go (IMO). Either:

-The movie will remain non-canon to the TV show

-The movie will reboot the entire series

-The movie is canon, but will make few references (if at all) to the TV series.

Regardless, the Movie will definitely effect another generation of kids. But whether the story will continue throughout remains to be seen.

On the subject of the movie, I really hope that they use the actors from the TV show. I mean, sure, have a few celebrities sprinkled throughout, but don't take away from something that is good, Lego, please!

Edited by Penkid11

There are a few ways the movie could go (IMO). Either:

-The movie will remain non-canon to the TV show

-The movie is canon, but will make few references (if at all) to the TV series.

Regardless, the Movie will definitely effect another generation of kids. But whether the story will continue throughout remains to be seen.

On the subject of the movie, I really hope that they use the actors from the TV show. I mean, sure, have a few celebrities sprinkled throughout, but don't take away from something that is good, Lego, please!

The movie might be non - canonized and will be something like a reboot, but won't affect the TV series. I don't know why, but something tells me that the movie will share plots with season 1.

So the detectives are named Tommy and Simon? No wonder the good detective looks so much like Simon Lucas (Ninjago's Design Director). Though the bad detective looks nothing like Tommy Andreasen (the senior creative manager).

On the subject of the movie, I really hope that they use the actors from the TV show. I mean, sure, have a few celebrities sprinkled throughout, but don't take away from something that is good, Lego please!

They may just reboot certain aspects of it, hence my "new generation" theory, for when the ninja are in their 30's and presumably sensei.

I'd hate it if they replaced the original cast for the movie. Combined with the fact that it may be lego-ized like The Lego Movie, i'm scared I won't bring myself to be able to watch it...

Edited by gamejutzu