Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Edit: spoilers

61 is out.

My god, Lloyd instantly aged again. I know he won't be the old man forever, but I'd actually like it if that happens. Now we have a new Sensei Garmadon. :tongue:

Edited by Cagast

A step back, I feel, but it was enjoyable. Moreso on the second watch.

I'm getting a bit tired of them re-explaining the plot every five seconds. That's the point of the recap, is it not? There's not really a problem with this other than the repetition, but Nadakhan's plot mutterings make him seem more moustache-twirling than he actually is. Speaking of repetition, the Hageman brother's appearances every other episode, while funny, was getting annoying. That being said, the actual proper cameo this episode was great. I love that Dareth actually has something going on inside his head, even if it is covered up by horrible ideas. As for Nya's development, I like that this is a case of "never know how much you love them till you lose them" scenario, because it means the original relationship between her and Jay wasn't just a fad. The water/lightning dragon was very cool, and I'm amazed that it's just going to be Nya and Jay from here on out. Jay's eyepatch is also very awesome. The very fact that no one would listen to Jay is pretty annoying (though typical), if one of them had have actually taken a moment to stop and think they would have realized they could wish for:

1) Nadakhan's Sword of Souls

2) The release of their friends from the swords (wording is important, because they don't know what else is in there. Which is, in reality, an army of Djinn kings)

3) That Nadakhan would "go away", trapping him in the sword.

The ramifications of the actual wishes they made will be interesting to watch. Nadakhan's words about wishes makes me think that his "infinite wishes" will backfire on him. And Lloyd's hinting... well, if it was clear that Jay's final wish would matter it's dead-set in stone now.

I'm wondering if this is how the Temple of Airjitzu will eventually come into the ninja's possession (no pun intended). The short scene with Yang and Nadakhan was great, too. Djinnjago is looking amazing now. Also, since WHEN has the police force had bike-mounted artillery!? Either Cyrus Borg has been acting even stupider with technology, or the NNCPD police force really are a bunch of morons for not using them sooner. Probably both.

I'd like to note that they're really digging for music we haven't heard in ages so that the soundtrack isn't looping 24/7. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like hearing the particular notes of the Skulkins when the moment is focused on the Sky Pirates. I only just found out that Nadakhan is voiced by Scott McNeil, which amazes me because I have never heard a similarity in their voices (the same cannot be said for Flintlocke and Mother Doomsday, unfortunately). Bravo to the voice actors, you've all done an amazing job with these characters.

Pretty good episode today, I really liked the star wars easter egg ant the fact that the two screenwriters were actual screenwriters for the show! (first post yay!)

Just watched the episode, sadly reveals quite a number of flaws with the whole wishing system... Otherwise a pretty good episode though.

- if Clancee could wish ninja into the sword, what was the whole point of breaking Jay and forcing him to wish it all away if someone else can do it for them? Also, why didn't Nadakhan just have Clancee wish all the ninja into the sword at the beginning of the series? Do they have to be physically there?

- Isn't wishing someone into a sword harming them? Soto said the ninja couldn't wish Nadakhan into the Teapot because it counts as harm, so why doesn't wishing into the sword count? And by extension, why didn't the ninja wish Nadakhan into the sword, or at least try?

Did anyone else notice that Kevin Hageman was actually voiced by Ian James Corlett? :tongue:

I experienced Ninjago burnout with Rebooted, but I've really gotten back into Ninjago with this season. While I can't say I've enjoyed everything so far, there hasn't been a single episode so far that I haven't liked. The Ronin episode was a highlight of the Series for me.

What I really loved about this episode was how everyone went wish-crazy. I really liked how even Nadahkan was scared of the wishes he was granting. This also tied into Clancee's dialogue in episode 60 about how the crew used up their wishes.

And while some may interpret the dragon scene at the end as cheesy, it actually gave me significant interest in a LEGO set I initially wrote off as yet another dragon set. That doesn't happen very often...

I'd just like to note that they could just wish for A: That any Tiger Widow that ever exists in Ninjago from the moment this wish is made onwards is nice to and likes all sapient species except djinns and B: That Tiger Widows are so common, that flying and swimming variations with the same venom exist and number in the thousands. Five seconds later, you'd have Nadakhan depowered and eaten alive by spiders.

Or just wish that Nadakhan loses all of his senses, including vision, hearing, smell, taste, pain and balance. Or even just wish that getting married wouldn't make Nadakhan stronger, but make him completely incapable of granting any wishes, not his own nor those of others.

Edited by DraikNova

I'd just like to note that they could just wish for A: That any Tiger Widow that ever exists in Ninjago from the moment this wish is made onwards is nice to and likes all sapient species except djinns and B: That Tiger Widows are so common, that flying and swimming variations with the same venom exist and number in the thousands.

Yes, but the writers have bad memory, remember? That's how the show moves on-by forgetting the previous episode. :tongue:

That's how they introduced Bucko and Sqiffy? :laugh:

I'm actually quite glad they introduced them and didn't put them to the side just like they do to other unimportant characters in sets. It makes them feel a bit more important. :classic:

Or just wish that Nadakhan loses all of his senses, including vision, hearing, smell, taste, pain and balance.

Oh yeah, that's not considered 'harm'. :tongue:

Oh yeah, that's not considered 'harm'. :tongue:

No more than wishing to trap other people's souls into a sword :tongue:

I'd just like to note that they could just wish for A: That any Tiger Widow that ever exists in Ninjago from the moment this wish is made onwards is nice to and likes all sapient species except djinns and B: That Tiger Widows are so common, that flying and swimming variations with the same venom exist and number in the thousands. Five seconds later, you'd have Nadakhan depowered and eaten alive by spiders.

This makes so much sense it hurts to know this will never happen

No more than wishing to trap other people's souls into a sword :tongue:

Or killing someone off by removing their personality from a brain, robotic though it may be.

I think that your second option could cause a lot of trouble for the mortals on Ninjago. If only one drop of venom could kill them, I imagine having Tiger Widows everywhere would put everyone at risk :P

I think it was kinda unnecessary for Lloyd to only save Nya and Jay, leaving Cole with him. I know his argument was that they had both made their three wishes, but by my count, which could be wrong, Nya made three wishes as well. I must say the Water-Lightning Dragon was pretty cool. It was a bit of a shame to see Jay throw his eyepatch away so soon. I guess I'm a little relieved he didn't keep though.

These are potential spoilers for episode 63.

So the description for episode 63 says that 'the last remaining ninja (Jay :P) gets help from old allies to help him stop Nadakhan's ceremonial wedding from taking place.' I was thinking about who the 'old allies' are and I really hope it's the elemental masters from the Tournament of Elements. That would be quite the battle.

These are potential spoilers for episode 63.

So the description for episode 63 says that 'the last remaining ninja (Jay :P) gets help from old allies to help him stop Nadakhan's ceremonial wedding from taking place.' I was thinking about who the 'old allies' are and I really hope it's the elemental masters from the Tournament of Elements. That would be quite the battle.

That sounds really exciting. I'm guessing it's the elemental masters too, and having them makes for really interesting fight scenes. Also, reviving the characters gives more hope of new figures of them. I'm sure Ronin will be part of the fight as well.

Now I'm wracking my brain to remember last allies... Perhaps the Serpentine? That would be neat too.

Edited by legozebra

I was actually thinking wishing Nadakhan human would be a good wish after episode 61,

also it looks like the summer sets are based on Skybound, because one of the set is the light house.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Like this episode a lot better than the last...

Will have to watch the episode a few more times to post more coherent and full thoughts, but some super early impressions:

- Why did Jay jump through the portal at the end and not Nya? Having Nya stay and get captured/married is way worse than Jay getting recaptured. Nya could have jumped through, Jay could have ran out and wished Nadakhan was a human (a decent wish, but could be better IMO) and it would all be over.

- I know this wish won't be how Nadakhan is defeated though, as I'm pretty sure Jay's last wish is going to be big in the series finale and it will set all his friends free

Edited by legozebra

Will have to watch the episode a few more times to post more coherent and full thoughts, but some super early impressions:

- Why did Jay jump through the portal at the end and not Nya? Having Nya stay and get captured/married is way worse than Jay getting recaptured. Nya could have jumped through, Jay could have ran out and wished Nadakhan was a human (a decent wish, but could be better IMO) and it would all be over.

- If Jay wishes Nadakhan to be human, then Clancee could just wish him back. I know this wish won't be how Nadakhan is defeated though, as I'm pretty sure Jay's last wish is going to be big in the series finale and it will set all his friends free

If Jay wished Nadakhan to be human he'd be unable to grant wishes anymore so Clancee's third wish would be pointless.

Hindsight is 20/20. I am very impressed with this season. You all keep bring up thing that could happen just to make the storyline shorter and easier, but many times that's how the characters would react to a situation. Wishing on the spot wouldn't be easy amd neither would crafting a wish so it wouldn back fire. All good story's have scenes where you could just end it all but it doesn't turn out that way.

I like the inclusion of Zane .1 it nice to see we will also be getting said Zane model in a set. I also like the direction they took with Jaya it felt real to me. I also like that Nya's character development in this episode.

Nya's new outfit looks awesome!

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

- If Jay wishes Nadakhan to be human, then Clancee could just wish him back. I know this wish won't be how Nadakhan is defeated though, as I'm pretty sure Jay's last wish is going to be big in the series finale and it will set all his friends free

Well if Nadakhan becomes human,Clancee can't wish him back , Nadakhan is now a human!

Well if Nadakhan becomes human,Clancee can't wish him back , Nadakhan is now a human!

If Jay wished Nadakhan to be human he'd be unable to grant wishes anymore so Clancee's third wish would be pointless.

Haha oops. As I said, incoherent, fresh post episode thoughts. Sorry 'bout that!

So...

Lloyd is old (around Sensei's age) now... Not sure if he will stay that way, but if he does, it would be interesting if he has more of a Sensei Wu role both in the show and the sets. Not having a green ninja anymore would be really interesting. I wonder how that will play out...

Also, Cole was flashing from mortal to ghost in that last scene before he was captured... I wonder if he will be mortal after emerging from the sword. I'm both happy and sad about this... One one hand, there will be no more scenarios where he can't touch water that are just overlooked... On the other, I like how unique the team is getting and a ghost is pretty much as unique as they go. Not sure how the development process goes for this (I know it's sets first, then show) but not sure how this while character change fits in to development. I'm sure they're already thinking about next year's sets and I'm wondering if the decision to change him back to a human (if that's even the case) would be made by the Hagenmans or the set designers...

(Speaking of the Hagenmans, that was a really sweet cameo. If only they were actually voiced by the real Hagenmans and not IJC)

Edited by legozebra

Episode 62 was fantastic! Ive been loving the little throwbacks in this season, but I never thought we'd see Dr Julien's lighthouse again. The Echo-Zane gave me a fright the first time he popped up! I really loved the Echo-Zane and I think the interactions between him and the tea robot were humorous and very adorable. It'd be funny to see if Zane and the Echo-Zane ever meet up and see how the interaction would be. I really loved the development between Jay and Nya. Nya wanting to decide her own destiny and rid herself of any 'titles' is being handled well, I think. Nya's new suit finally appears too and it looks fantastic. May I also point out how incredible the animation looks when Jay and Nya rise out of the ocean near the end. It almost looked real. All this is certainly leading to an epic finale. I can't help but think the whole 'Nadakhan wanting to marry Nya' plot point is very similar to the 'Sir Fangar wants to marry Li 'Ella' thing from Legends of Chima. I think Nadakhan has more reason than Sir Fangar did though! I also hope that the others escape the blade soon. I imagine that'll happen in episode 63.

Edited by Wall E2624

Wow. Just... wow.

I don't even know where to begin with this. Anyone who's seen me talk about NINJAGO for long enough knows that I loved theorizing about locations such as Hiroshi's Labyrinth making a return, but I never even dreamed we would see the Lighthouse again. I had assumed based on the terrible images of the Lighthouse Siege set that it would be a new location because we wouldn't return to Julien's Lighthouse, but oh boy am I glad to be proved completely wrong. This episode was exactly how I envisioned the Battle for Ninjago City set playing out in the story when we first got images of it, and I cannot understate my admiration for the animators and set designers at Wilfilm for bringing the battle atop the Lighthouse to life. The only problem I had was the secret hidden room, it was a bit odd that Julien never mentioned it to anyone (perhaps off-screen?), but it's not out of place.

Character development was top notch. Nya, Jay, Nadakhan, Flintlocke and even the police officers were all done very well. I would really appreciate it if they would elaborate on why Nadakhan wants Nya in particular, seeing as he never loved Delarah. I can imagine it has something to do with beauty, but it's never fully mentioned. I love that the ninja are being proper ninja again, and I really want to see this trend continue.

I can't really think of anything to say. This was just an amazing episode, this season is quickly becoming my absolute favorite. I can't imagine what they'll do to top it next season, but I look forward to it.