daystar

Street Modulars

1mu9.png

I'm starting new series, "Street Modular".

This series is based on 16x16 plates.

16x10 for street, 6x10 for building which has just 1 story.

Focused on street and mifi with stories.

Compared to 32x32 modular, street modular has wide street. So you can place more mifiz on your sight.

This is first one of the street modular series. Name is "red brick house".

Old fashioned house.

First goal of this project is to create 5 buildings (2 corner,3 straight). After 5 creation, I want to register on CUUSOO.

^^

I'll do keep post new one if done.

Won't you join me? ^^

That's pretty clean looking. I like it but the lamp seems pretty huge in comparison to everything else.

Love the colours of the house, Does it have a door?

This building has no door yet. But I can expand it to have one. ^^ Do you want?

This is neat and I like the concept you are proposing. I do agree with Sarles, though, that the lamp seems to dominate. It overshadows the building, which has a really nice facade. I think a door in place of the centre window would be good.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these modules.

I Like the lamp, once more buildings are built side by side the lamp will look more in proportion.

I Like the lamp, once more buildings are built side by side the lamp will look more in proportion.

Thx for idea! ^^ I'm hoping so too. Plz keep tuned to this thread~! >_<

This is neat and I like the concept you are proposing. I do agree with Sarles, though, that the lamp seems to dominate. It overshadows the building, which has a really nice facade. I think a door in place of the centre window would be good.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these modules.

Okie! I'll give it a try for mid door. (But it takes time cuz rendering is desperately slow...)

You have my word.

Edited by daystar

What are you rending this in? I've been trying to get the LDD to POVRay to work and it's not working for me at all.

I agree with others, there is a door missing to the building. Although the lamp design is interesting, it's too dominant in comparison to the building. Specially, if you want to make 1-floor buildings, the lamp should be more modest in my opinion, otherwise, the building is hard to notice, and it certainly is worth noticing.

in92.png

How about this? ^^ Would this could fullfill purpose?

What are you rending this in? I've been trying to get the LDD to POVRay to work and it's not working for me at all.

I'm using LDDtoPOVray. I think that you're using 64 bit windows,right? In 64 bit, you have to set some user permission(as admin).

It looks better with the door, I think. Well done. I'm looking forward to see how this develops into a street.

Definitely better with the door! The lamp post doesn't seem as dominant anymore and more of the eye is drawn toward the nice building!

Looks great!

Better with the door now.

The lamp is really cool.

The only suggestion i would make would be to have the walls completely in dark red instead of brown.

Looking forward to the next houses!

Like the design and dark red colour of your building. The lamp post though seems way to big compared to the building.

I love the door! Agree the scene looks much better with it. I also like the idea you're proposing-- when do you plan to build a corner module? I would be very interested to see the layout of that-- by setting the building so far back (which I do like), it would seem you would have little or no space left for a corner building. I'm interested to see how you solve this! Brick on!

--Rob

l8eb.png

I've made 2 more buildings.

But after rendered, I realized that I forgot to equalize the heights of buildings.

These are in progress....

Could you give me some advice? ^^

From left to right, red brick house with door, red brick house without door, jewelry shop, fusion chinese restaurant.. ^^

(2 more buildings before CUUSOO submit~)

Very nicely done!

Looking forward for the corner building! I've been playing around with a similar project and my main strugle is the corner buildings. I wish they were real buildings and not just columns.

Brick on!

It's a nice idea, but I like my big modulars.

I really like the dark red facade with the door.

I get an Asian fusion vibe from the jewelry store facade more than the end one. I assume the dark green is the jewelry?

I also think the lampposts are a bit too big given the scale.

But otherwise, a great idea and it is being executed well. Keep up the good work!

Great job on these! I like the lattice building it's so interesting looking. I do like the doorway you added into the first building it balances out everything. I especially love the detail you put into the hand rails.