just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

I really hope that the Breez polybag arrives in the UK soon. I'd love to have it as a little extra, amongst all of the Summer mechs and beasts.

It's available for those of you in the UK here.

Huw on Brickset posted the link in his review of the poly.

Am I the only one who thinks the bugs in 44028 look a lot like these guys?

mWrYlTU34HTXOU1sqi4gYKw.jpg

It's pretty obvious that the bugs throughout the line are a re-use of the idea.

I made a comparison of the two in my Evo walker review;

10859902704_56e8fce506_z.jpg

They have very similar designs, especially when you look at the legs.

That's another one of the comparisons that's been made pretty much since we saw the first pictures.

Ya they are and when you look at it, it's just about dead on the same. I mean look at it.

yes, yes you are... JK. They are almost dead on the same

*snip*

Thanks for the upload. Now that I see them side by side, I'm actually thinking less of it.

13401678633_219398b458.jpg

Never knew Breez's machine had back armour though! That's lovely a lovely touch.

Come to think of it I like it too. Good for getting rid of facades.

Hmm, I wonder when this will be distributed. I didn't expect a Breez polybag though. Someone mentioned earlier about recolours, which would have been much better, in my opinion.

Hmm, I wonder when this will be distributed. I didn't expect a Breez polybag though. Someone mentioned earlier about recolours, which would have been much better, in my opinion.

I think it would be good if the Breez Polybag recolor was those feet and exo-force arms as lime-green... and the body in lime green too :grin:

Well, bear in mind that there are multiple sorts of polybags. Ones like the black brain set, the Martian Manhunter minifig, etc. are all about exclusive elements and include little to no building, while ones like this or various mini Star Wars and Creator sets are more building-oriented and include no exclusive elements. If we got a polybag set with a recolored hero, it's doubtful that they'd get their own battle machine, not even one this small. Maybe a jumper and a few weapons at best, so there's some play value besides a solo figure.

@Aanchir

I meant by Hero Factory polybag standards.There are some great polybags out there, it's just that Hero Factory usually just gets a parts pack or, occasionally, a weapon. You are right about exclusive parts though. I'm just sore about Nex and Stringer being gone for two whole years, so any chance of getting them would be appreciated.

I agree with Aanchir. Any minifigure like the Martian Manhunter would not have anything and making a recolor hero would not have a mech at all but just going to have a gun and a jumper with it. But I don't think having one recolor piece like the cockpit or body armor in black wouldn't hurt... right :sceptic:

I wonder, with all the two legged mechs we've seen, plus the four-legged 'splitter' thing that Surge operates(with the separating flying portion, of course), and the 3 legged machines.. has anyone thought of creating a vehicle with the new cockpit part with wheels? Treads would seem most appropriate for rugged terrain.

I doodled some ideas down on paper, and I'm thinking of throwing something together with the parts I have, maybe, and I need to know the dimensions of the new cockpit-chair piece.

Wouldn't that be cool though? A vehicle using those new parts.. I thought of trying to design a mobile crane, but with the parts I have, something smaller will have to suffice.

I look forward to those Summer sets.. Bulk in particular. His helmet still looks a little off to me..

I have made a helicopter with it, but I haven't really gotten to trying it in a wheeled/tracked vehicle. I am planning to pull apart the 2009 Bionicle Vehicles sometime soon, so I just may try something.

Never thought about a vehicle the only non-humanoid mech I made was a T-Rex type thing which used the cockpit as the head.

Should upload pics of it...

Building instructions for the HF Minimodel are up! They even show how you can add the cockpit to Evo XL Machine's shoulder, which I was not expecting.

Glad to see instructions are up. Hopefully this means we'll see a wide release of this set. Want my Breez poly!

Building instructions for the HF Minimodel are up! They even show how you can add the cockpit to Evo XL Machine's shoulder, which I was not expecting.

Interesting, similar to how the limbs could be added on to create that "abomination." I am curious as to what Lego will be doing with the summer wave, if we will see more combo models or not. Lego seemed to stress the winter wave of IFB more than some of the previous combo models, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

I just hope that if they do a combo of all of the walkers and the crawler machine that it has more thought put into it than the XL combo from the first wave.

I just hope that if they do a combo of all of the walkers and the crawler machine that it has more thought put into it than the XL combo from the first wave.

even if lego did use same concept they use for all set combiner on winter wave, the summer one would still looks more awesome. on the summer one, i'm assuming that surge & rocka combat machine would be the "core", just like how evo xl machine did. and if evo xl gets additional arms, combat machine would get additional weapons. imagine it. the combat machine, with drill from drill machine, anchor from flea machine, and 2 tiny hand on front from rocka crawler.

Interesting, similar to how the limbs could be added on to create that "abomination." I am curious as to what Lego will be doing with the summer wave, if we will see more combo models or not. Lego seemed to stress the winter wave of IFB more than some of the previous combo models, so I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

I fully expect to see more combi models next wave. After all, combi models have been a rather heavily-marketed part of the theme since the introduction of the new building system. Sure, the 2011 villains didn't have any combi models, but since 2011 the heroes have always had pictures of a two-set combi model in their instruction booklet and instructions for those combi models online.

I am not sure what combi models there might be, but one of the three new beasts is a definite possibility. A combi model of Breez Flea Machine and Bulk Drill Machine could be quite cool, but that leaves the question of what Rocka Crawler might combine with. The only other machines are Surge & Rocka Combat Machine, which is so large that the few parts in Rocka Crawler would barely make a difference with the rebuilding potential of its parts, and the walker from Queen Beast vs. Evo, which doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would be included in a combi model... though I might be wrong. Anyway, it's possible that a combi of Rocka Crawler and one of the mid-size machines and a combi model of one of the mid-size machines with Surge & Rocka Combat Machine might be more likely.

I don't expect to see a combi model like the Evo XL Machine combi model in the first wave, since the Surge & Rocka Combat Machine doesn't seem as suited to attachments from the other machines, and the other machines don't have distinctive weapons that could be as easily transplanted. Say what you will about the Evo XL Machine combi model, but it definitely benefitted from the model's large size, spacious silhouette, and numerous unused connection points. The silhouette of Surge & Rocka Combat Machine is more compact, so adding attachments from the other machines to it would result in an even more cluttered-looking model. And how woud you possibly attach Bulk's drill or Breez's claw to the available connection points on Surge & Rocka Combat Machine, even if you rearranged some parts to make more loose ball joints available? Since they are attached to their respective machines by Technic, a ball-joint based connection would be impractical.

That's not to say there won't be a combi model of the four new machine sets, but if there is, I have a feeling more rebuilding will be involved.