Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus

LDD MOC: Lego Class 37

Hello All.

Just some new work, got my inspiration from some Google pics and put my own twist on it. I have always loved the class 37 and is my Fav classes of all time in British diesel.

I have gone 6 wide more for trying to get it around my layout, i have issues with my 8 wide flying Scotsman not making it around with out hitting stuff.

Lets just say the guy who made the ones on Google has a lot more skill than me, it was hard work to try and replicate.

1qk3.png

8a51.png

1i3.png

gakm.png

8n3v.png

Edited by Lazarus

That is brilliant! You have caught the details and character well - even down to little details like the sand box fillers. The high intensity light looks perfect too. Do you intend to build this? The reason I am asking is that I am working on a 6 wide Deltic, which would use the same windscreen and bogies that you have. Unfortunately lego only made the windscreen in red for the Santa Fe, and LDD does not prevent you from using colour combinations that were never produced. I was also really struggling for a good bogie design, and then I checked out the Central Station thread and discovered these beauties:

5527713693_20e6b4e295.jpg

Which do seem to be a good likeness for the bogies for Class 37/50/55 which are all pretty much the same. As soon as I get them added to my Deltic I will upload the results!

One more thing, have you tried it with the headcode panel 1 stud higher? It looks a little low, but then it might otherwise look too high if it went up.

But a cracking design none the less!

Edited by Heppeng

@Heppeng that Boggie is really nice, I have some like that around but as i wanted to have this powered this time and not pushed this time as i use 9v. I had to make it look best with 9v motors. But might make up a dummy loco with better looking boggies

I have yet to get part matching yet so not sure what i am going to do. As i need it black i could always cheat and paint it :-)

@Selander thats the guy, i love his work i so want to know how he does his A4s they are superb.

Those bogies are powered, but it needs a pf motor that sits in the loco and drives down through the bogie pivot. I stand corrected about the windscreen! I might also have to cheat though - I think a certain Chinese clone does it in almost exactly the right colour for a Deltic in green...

Nice engines. I like the British rail diesels and have quite a few myself. I am trying to think of which one to do next but cannot decide. Yours look good in 6 wide though I think mine would be a little wider as nearly everything I have is 7-8 wide.

After changing some parts due to color conflicts i had to change to Rail freight grey and not BR blue. Only brick i cant get now is the windows so will need to paint them.

q6t5.jpg

I used these parts to link the 3rd wheel to the 9v motors. Part 3731 Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Towball and Part 3730 Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Towball Socket, Short, 4 Slots. I have not tested this before so i dont know how it will run untill i make it, but there seams to be ample movment when testing in LDD. Might just need to lube up the towball to make it flex smoothly. It should follow the 9v line and make it round bends.

Edited by Lazarus

rendering with PoV ray but gives me an idea of how it will look in lego.

Edited by Lazarus

After changing some parts due to color conflicts i had to change to Rail freight grey and not BR blue. Only brick i cant get now is the windows so will need to paint them.

You mean this part 6567c01.jpg? That exists in black. I bet with a little playing around you could make the blue buildable too (might need to snot the door windows if you want it dark blue or replace that part with another color, the rest does not look bad though)

Ahh lego so many part numbers for the same thing. Sweet no painting for this one :-)

I think it looks better in the gray now. I am working on a class 47 this week what will be in BR blue.

Hello All.

This is my project to convert all my 6 wide stuff to 7 wide.

My sources for some of the design has come from other Class 37s that others have made. I am updating this top as this is the continuation of the same model project.

As I am going 7 wide and am trying to put a bit more detail in, some of the 37s had cow catchers/ snow plows, that I was keen to put in.

ki6w.pngp660.png

pnjb.png