Captain Nemo

Wonders of Historica: Shrine of Immortality

Wonders of Historica: Nocturnus Shrine of Immortality

Located far to the East, over the highest of peaks, past the deepest and darkest swamps in Nocturnus, placed in the middle of an oil lake, sitting on top one of the oldest shrines of Historica, rests the single key to immortality---Green flames; not burning to the touch but magical, rest in a bowl under a blood red Cyprus tree…any person from the lowliest peasants to highest of kings may come to drink the flames, and gain their immortality…but it is not a journey free of peril…

9661563841_7aa29c7424_z.jpg

Devious souls. People who at heart are evil; and even those who may in the future do such evil deeds will be punished when attempting to drink the flames. The shrine cannot risk opening Historica to an eternity of evil men…and so…any monstrous person at heart would be burned by the flames; engulfed in emerald fire; thrown from the shrine of immortality, and into their oily tomb…the Goblet Graveyard. Miles and miles; hundreds of thousands of goblets all rest above the oil lake, with their master’s charred hands still holding on to them…their corpses trapped forever, and their souls destroyed.

9661564163_8250daf781_n.jpg9661564627_5c37c9799b_n.jpg9664818340_4fef04c25c_n.jpg

Then why, do you ask, why is this deadly temptress here? Do so many evil men risk their lives for the chance to live forever? Why was it constructed in the first place—to lure devious men to their deaths? And why was it built in a place of such evil as Nocturnus? Perhaps it was done because those who built it knew…while there would always be millions of evil men who wanted to abuse that power; it would only take one good soul to share that power...forever.

9661564301_c25ee48d2f_n.jpg9661564431_c2c0cd292a_n.jpg

9661564001_8efc0c056c.jpg

Nocturnus Wonder of Historica

Enjoy?

~Nemo

That's awesome! I love the story, and the whole build, but I think the steps are my favourite part. My only niggle is that the wand's star doesn't evoke flames for me. A minor thing though. It's nice to see Nocty reppin.

Wonderful atmosphere and an interesting backstory! I can't help but wonder if anyone ever has actually survived that...?

That's awesome! I love the story, and the whole build, but I think the steps are my favourite part. My only niggle is that the wand's star doesn't evoke flames for me. A minor thing though. It's nice to see Nocty reppin.

Yeah the wand. I spent so much time looking for my one green flame piece that I just could not find! It was very annoying, but oh well. Thanks!

Wonderful atmosphere and an interesting backstory! I can't help but wonder if anyone ever has actually survived that...?

Well if there were any survivors, they'd be few and far between! :wink:

Really neat tree design :thumbup: I also like the rickety stairs (great use of those tiles) and the bird.

The boat is the only thing that looks a little strange to me, I think it would be better if the fig could stand lower in the boat :classic:

Very nice, I like the bones holding the cups which gives it a lively bit also creepy feeling.

This moc is small but it delivers a lot, I like the dark atmosphere, and the little details as the lanterns, flying bird and stairs.

Nice job. :thumbup:

So hard to build in black but you have done a great moc! I love this on! The dark, creepy and sinister feel to it, just perfect!

A nice dark moc with great subtle touches of color. Very eye catching and interesting scene, nice work!