Sign in to follow this  
pihlbrick

[SoNE EP.1] Extraction from Cloud City

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Mission brief: Rebel Pilot Pihlbrick, you will be carrying two troopers to a small landing platform in sector 30T. The area is controlled by Imperial stormtroopers, but a small group of rebel friendly civilians have evaded them so far and are waiting for a vessel to carry them out. For this mission you will be flying the RM-09 Shuttle Transport. It is especially vulnerable when the landing gear is exposed, so try to keep it in the air, in stead of landing on the platform. We have Y-wings in the area, which will be able to supply some air support should you need it.

9859097473_a007da98c6_o.jpg

The civilians running toward the hovering RM-09, while the rebel troopers are providing cover against the Imperial Stormtroopers rushing to stop the rebels.

9859097023_13ae494e11_o.jpg

Closer to the RM-09, my character is visible

9859097493_2c24efa49e_o.jpg

Close up of the scared civilians - You can clearly see the Y-wing rushing to provide cover.

9859002914_12c1c65397_o.jpg

Inside the building the Stormtroopers are rushing up the stairs.

9859011375_86215960a4_o.jpg

Rear view of the stormtroopers bringing the large gun for reinforcements

9859002784_8e777408bd_o.jpg

The stormtroopers from the outside

More pictures of the RM09

9859097343_8b8536d795_o.jpg

Front with the door closed

9859097283_9652b3c50a_o.jpg

Back with the door closed

9859002684_fde16b71bf_o.jpg

9859011025_6966ac06c2_o.jpg

Front - door is open

9859097233_d1d9891300_o.jpg

Rear with the door open and the hinges visible

Inspriration:

RM-09 Shuttle Transport http://starwars.wiki...lliance_shuttle and http://images.wikia..../b/bc/RM-09.png

Platform http://4.bp.blogspot...lcsnap-3695.png and http://i0.wp.com/scr...ps.com-9362.jpg

Bit of the inside http://i2.wp.com/scr...ps.com-9598.jpg

I like the ship's design, the white corridors, positioning of the figures. The platform seems a bit rushed and doesn't look too much like the smooth platforms of Cloud City.

Lots of action going on, I like the little vessel, it reminds me of the RGS, I recommend a little change on the shape of the door and also making the building in a single color, I dont feel like the white corridor adds to much to your scene unless the entrance was the same color.

I like the forced perspective with the Y wing in the background! The outside of the corridor coulld use some work. Great start!

Thank you for the positive comments, as for your criticism, you clearly don't know what you are talking about :) *Cough.

A rebuild of the platform is already going on inside my head :)

Nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: In particular with the ship :wink:

I like the RM-09, it's a vehicle you don't see MOCed very often, it does look a little too short though. I also like the forced perspective for the Y-Wing.

You've got a good starting layout, but I have to agree with Artizan: it feels a bit rushed and unfinished, with the exposed studs, the plates and curves that aren't always lined up, the gaps between portions of the MOC... that kind of thing. Of course, that's why it's a WIP; you've got plenty of time to improve based on constructive criticism. :classic:

I love your stairs! It's hard to make a good curved stair case with Legos. Nicely done. I also really like your mini y-wing. Overall the coloring doesn't seem to quite fit Cloud City. And the build has kind of a plain feel to it. It seems like your trying to make this scene work with a small Lego collection. If that's the case you've done an excellent job. However, don't be afraid of how few pieces you have. You can do a lot with a little with Lego. Your mini y-wing proves that. If you don't have a lot of plates try building more on a smaller scale maybe.

I have updated it a bit based on your fine comments :)

The ship is longer, and the door now slides to the side.

The building is larger, and fits nicer together.

I have reverted the platform, and again everything fits together better.

The corridoor is bigger, and the insides are now more finished. The larger coridoor has also added room for Storm trooper reinforcements. I noted that in the original trilogy, there are often stormtroopers rushing in with a bigger gun. In Episode 4, when the falcon gets away from Mos Eisley, is Episode 5 when the empire enters the rebel base, and in Episode 6 Jabbas henchmen try to set up a large gun on the sail barge above Sarlac.

Very cool upgrade of your first sketch! The building in brown is still not very fitting for Cloud City but lets say it's some lower parts of the city.

I also like the use of a non traditional ship, and you've done a good job recreating it. Maybe try some tiles or wedges on the sides to maintain the smooth lines you've got with the rest of the ship. I like the hallway as well as the rounded stair. Good work!

I like the building and the ship design. I do think the landing pad could be a little bigger and some snot technique on the ship.