Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Welcome Brick Man Studios, you joined the right guild. :) BTW, your links don't work, you might want to edit those.

Yes Thanks,

But I do not understand why they don't work can you help me please ?

Yes Thanks,

But I do not understand why they don't work can you help me please ?

Well, for one, I have no idea where your pictures are coming from. I recommend making a flickr account (www.flickr.com), and posting your creations their, and linking them here. Once you create a flickr account, here is a helpful tutorial on how to post them on here.

Well, for one, I have no idea where your pictures are coming from. I recommend making a flickr account (www.flickr.com), and posting your creations their, and linking them here. Once you create a flickr account, here is a helpful tutorial on how to post them on here.

Ok Thanks,

I've got a Flickr account.

See you

Ok Thanks,

I've got a Flickr account.

See you

Your welcome, glad to help! And once again, welcome to Guilds of Historica! you'll have tons of fun. :)

Welcome onboard, Brick Man Studios (BMS? ;) )

Join us in leading Avalonia to greatness!! (and feel free to ask if you have any questions - we are quite a friendly bunch :) )

At your service

Beorthan, Lord Mayor of the Trifork

Most welcome brick man studios! (Wow that was a long nickname!!;))

Thank's ;)

Yes It's a long nickname :p

Welcome onboard, Brick Man Studios (BMS? ;) )

Join us in leading Avalonia to greatness!! (and feel free to ask if you have any questions - we are quite a friendly bunch :) )

At your service

Beorthan, Lord Mayor of the Trifork

Thank's man ! yes you can call me BMS ;)

My entry to GoH CMF

16044687930_7c98c6bd9d.jpg

Now I have to sit down and edit my last moc. de Gothias castle!

Finally, Sir Nevyneke takes the big leap. He leaves the safety of his house on another world in a big city and travels towards the unknown lands of Historica, more precisely to the county known as "Avalonia". Sir Nevyneke has heard of the existance of this magical world from some friends on his homeworld, Earth, in the country Belgium at a venue called Brickmania. In the big city, Sir Nevyneke had to go without all the green and living things nature has to offer, the choice for Avalonia was therefor very straightforward. Sir Nevyneke is still looking for a new home, to live with his wife, lady M. He does not know what part of Avalonia will be his home, or how this home would actually look like. That will be his first challenge after his arrival in this new and promissing world.

16062651447_6a73fd671e_z_d.jpg

Sir Nevyneke and his wife, all dressed up to leave for Avalonia. Flags are hard to come by on Sir Nevynekes homeworld, so he was only able to pick these up after entering Avalonia.

16061110100_a89a87d6a2_z_d.jpg

Leaving their big city home

16222586856_e3018e2afc_z_d.jpg

The first encounter in Avalonia, some children look at the Sir Nevyneke when he is passing by on the road. He dismounts his horse to make their acquaintance. In the background, his new colors, gold above blue are flying as well as the banner of Avalonia.

PS:

1) This is my first attempt at both Flickr and Eurobricks, I'm sorry if image size is wrong or if the links are not working. If you can provide me with tips to get it right next time, please do so.

2) There are so many sigfigs on this forum, it is impossible to check if mine are unique. If it would not be unique, that was not done on purpose.

Edited by Nevyneke

Greeting, Sir Nevyneke, and welcome to our lush lands. I trust you shall find a spot in which to settle and prosper.

At your service,

Sir Beorthan

(And what a most amusing introduction! :laugh: And it seems like your photos work fine)

Welcome to Avalonia, the best guild of them all! :D Awesome Character entry, welcome to GoH!

Most welcome to the best guild! Great introduction! You look just like someone I know of!!;)

Most welcome to the best guild! Great introduction! You look just like someone I know of!!;)

Could most definitely look like a cousin to De Gothia - On the other hand, I would style my beard like de Gothia's if I could! :wink:

Unfortunately I won't be able to finish my second entry in time for the contest deadline, as we have some spontaneous family gathering. However, I will still finish it (hopefully in this next week); I am allowed to submit it as a freebuild correct?

... Sir Nevyneke has heard of the existance of this magical world from some friends on his homeworld, Earth, in the country Belgium at a venue called Brickmania ...

Wow, seems like it takes quite a few days to travel from Antwerpen to Historica. So welcome here, glad you made it safely :wink:

Thank you all for the friendly welcome. @Kabel: I moved in real life as well, packing and unpacking my Lego did take some time, but still far less then packing and unpacking all other stuff. Still hunting for furniture to build Lego upon at the moment. I did not even sort the new bricks from Brickmania yet :wacko: . The bag with unsorted bricks is getting emberrassingly large, as is the pile of lego-sets "to be build, taken apart and sorted" (I always build a set before re-using the parts, TLC put to much effort in the building instructions to ignore them entirely).

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I'm wondering where there might be a guideline thread to posting my character introduction.

I'm interested in joining this guild...and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the entire concept although I think I've gotten it.

I've got lots of Lego...although I can initially see a problem with the fact that my 1000's of pieces are not conducive to building MOC's. I'll have to get cracking ordering individual bricks off of lego.com. If I may ask some advice: if you were starting out, with nothing (let's pretend I have no lego) what would initially order if you could? I've read the forum quite a bit and seen Derfel Cadarn's tutorial on building a village (great read BTW). I see a lot of round 1 x 1 plates in my future :)

I don't want anyone to come up with ideas or anything; I just want to get going as quickly as possible and the sooner I can get some bricks I can use, the better. Conversely: if anyone wants to give me (I said give) the Ultimate Collector's Edition of the Millenium Falcon, I should be good to go for a bit.

Thanks for any help and apologies if these questions seem, ah...dumb.

...And thank you Microsoft for the remarkably innovative avatar. Note to self: change this.