Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I have a question guys, do we have anything like "Age of Mitgardia" for Lenfald? [emphasis added]

:grin: Presumably that was supposed to be Avalonia. To the best of my knowledge Avalonia (nor Lenfald for that matter) have anything comparable to the AoM. Avalonia did have a project to build Albion Plots or something like that - don't know if that's still running.

Whoops! Fixed! Wow, I was not thinking. :look: Yes, I meant Avalonia. Is the Albion Plots still running?

MPOH, if you'd cast your vote for Attack of the Drow, I would post the next task, which has some similarities to AOM. I've been waiting for just one more Avalonian to vote, or for the week to be up before I post the results.

I have finally finished reviewing all of the CH 1 entries.

I'm very proud of our contribution to this Challenge. We had 23 of the 71 entries, with a whopping 7 of the 15 total entries in Category C!

Penkid11, Kerntechniker and Nabrilu entered all 3 challenges! Great job guys!

Niku, Simon_S, Wedge09, HammerBro33, Mpoh98, DeGothia, Carson Haupt, Jason Cicchini, C.J.Cutrone, Balthazar, Robinson and MikeyB also posted entries for this Challenge, which means that every Avalonian that's been active recently contributed to Challenge 1! Again, great job everyone!

There will be a series of week long mini-challenges that I will be posting each week starting approximately March 1st, in preparation for Challenge 2, so keep your eyes open. Once I have posted the 1st mini-challenge, I will try to follow up with a new challenge every 7 days during March, and I would like to see more participation than we got for the Attack of the Drow pop-up challenge.

HammerBro33 - great job with the figures! I always like seeing more troops/characters.

Hammerhand - excellent job on your first MOC for Avalonia. If you guys haven't seen it yet, check it out:

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=92337

The Albion community build is still going, I think Narbilu might have been the last one to build for it?

Pendkid11

I thank you for the recognition. (*Penkid11 :thumbup: )

By week-long challenges, do you mean that each mini challenge, from plans to photographed build, all have to be done in one week's time?

@Kerntechniker

Both ends of Burrium stand as an example of a complete Challenge 1 set! An applause for all that Lord Flamecius has strived for!

I thank you for the recognition. (*Penkid11 :thumbup: )

Sorry for the spelling error, probably because I put your whole name instead of just Penkid, as I usually do.

By week-long challenges, do you mean that each mini challenge, from plans to photographed build, all have to be done in one week's time?

Indeed, you will have one week from when I post the mini-challenge to when you must have it completed. These won't be big or complicated builds, it will be more of a chance to show what you can do with simple builds. The challenge won't be "build a tower" but instead "show me why Nocturnians like pie so much" or something similar.

I like the idea for new weekly challenges. I find that I'm better at smaller builds as far as turn around times, like the postcards.

mpoh, the postcards aren't really an official challenge, but you can still add one. Carson started it as a sort-of Avalonian version of the Kaliphlin postcards and narbilu and I tagged along. Here is the link to that thread if you wish to make a postcard.

Thanks, rogue. :classic:

Edited by HammerBro33

MPOH, if you'd cast your vote for Attack of the Drow, I would post the next task, which has some similarities to AOM. I've been waiting for just one more Avalonian to vote, or for the week to be up before I post the results.

Ah ok. I vote for De Gothia!

Congratulations to DeGothia, who got the most votes for his entry for Attack of the Drow, and Hammerbro33, who came in second. Excellent work by all 4 of our entrants (Narbilu and Jason Cicchini as well). DG and HB, please PM me your addresses so I can send you your Lake Town Guard.

On to Task 4.

This task is open to all Historicans.

TASK 4 - HISTORICAN SETTLEMENTS

Historica is home to many towns, villages, hamlets, and even a few Cities. The Royal Cartographer's Guild of Albion and the Avalonia's foreign affairs minister wish to officially recognize the many settlements of Historica. As a prerequisite to official recognition and inclusion in the "Royal Registry of Historica's Locations of Note" and "Avalonian Sites and Monuments: a comprehensive guide" each settlement must prove that they contain the minimum facilities to provide for their residents.

To establish your settlement, you must post MOCs from the following categories. These MOCs CAN be already completed, but they MUST not already be referenced to a different location. (if you try to alter a description of an existing MOC to fit this challenge, you will not be allowed to enter ANY settlements, so do not edit topics you already posted. you can add a post later on in your topic, but if I see that the topic was already posted before Feb 14th, but edited after Feb 13th, it will not be allowed as part of this challenge.) There are a couple of building types that can be counted for multiple types (a Fishery for example can be counted as a nautical AND agricultural).

Here are the categories:

REQ - Agriculture - Grains & Produce: Farm*, Mill, Granary, Orchard

Agriculture - Livestock: Farm*, Cattle/Horse Ranch, Swineherd, Sheepfold, Fishery

Nautical: Harbor, Shipwright, Quay, Fishery*, Ferryman

REQ - Military: Keep, Barracks, Gatehouse, Tower, Castle, Fort

Religious: Chapel, Monastery, Temple, Shrine

Medical: Apothecary, Herbalist, Infirmary, Physician

Hospitality - Food & Beverage: Bakery, Butcher, Winery, Brewery, Tavern

REQ - Hospitality - Lodging: Inn, Stables, Coach House

REQ - Laborers: Lumber Mill, Mine, Stone Cutter, Mason

REQ - Craftsmen - General Goods: Cooper, Wainwright, Tannery, Dyer, Glass Blower

Craftsmen - Arms & Armor: Blacksmith, Bowyer, Fletcher, Armorer

Craftsmen - Clothing: Cobbler, Seamstress, Furrier, Woolen Mill

Craftsmen - Specialty: Candle Maker, Wood Carver, Bookbinder, Jeweler, Potter

Services: Herald, Cartographer, Money Lender, Scribe, Courier, Shipping House

Scholars: Observatory, Alchemist, Philosopher, Astrologer

Entertainers: Minstrel, Fortune Teller, Performing Troupe, Theatre

Now, the examples provided are not the only things you can build in a category, they are just options. Also, the build must be substantial - showing an interior of one room, or throwing a bunch of bricks up on a plate will not be acceptable entries.

Hamlet - There are 5 categories that are required for a Hamlet (the minimum recognized settlement) - Agricultural (either one), Military, Hospitality (either one), Laborer, and Craftsmen.

Village - For a Village, you must meet the Hamlet requirements plus meet a total of 8 of the 16 categories.

Town - For a Town, you must meet the Hamlet requirement, plus a minimum of 2 Craftsmen buildings, both Agricultural categories, and both Hospitality categories, plus meet a total of 10 of the 16 categories.

City - For a City, you must meet the requirements for a Town, plus a total of 14 of the 16 categories.

Port - For a Port, you must meet the Village requirements, including one Nautical building.

For this task, there is no time limit, and again, is open to all Historicans. I will be starting a separate thread for this once I get home tonight where you can post a link to your topics. Each person should have only one reply in this topic, where they will post all of their entries.

You can have more than one settlement recognized if you wish.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Great task rogueang! And thanks for letting us from the other guilds participate, I'm going to try to try to put together a few builds of Barqa in between the Sultan's Gate ones :classic:

Can multiple builders contribute to a settlement btw?

There will be different requirements for community builds like Albion and Sultan's Gate

I was more thinking about places like Barqa where other builders (like de Gothia) already have contributed?

Very cool challenge! So if I wanted to recognize a settlement in Marrock, I have to build a building for at least the required categories?

Edited by mpoh98

Nice challenge. Finally we have one! Now I just have to start building :classic:

Are entries for this to be called "Historican Settlement" or something like that? (Maybe HS in the topic if only intended for this task?)

The topic should be titled "HSS Ag: Barqua Farm" or HSS Mil: Barqua Barracks

Ag for Agriculture

Mil for Military

Naut for Nautical

Med for Medical

Labor for Labor

Craft for Craftsmen

Serv for Services

Sch for Scholars

Ent for Entertainers

It won't be long before I have enough builds for Cobalt Vale to be recognized. How/where do we identify existing MOC threads for this challenge?

What a great challenge! :thumbup:

Now I have to start with my series of builds on Sionach Village!

Great challenge and a great way of building up many of the settlements!

My older moc And the MOC I am currently working on will work right into this challenge!

So in order to be recognized as a settlement of Historica, I have to meet (at least) the required builds for this challenge? All of which have to be located in Denitor, (lesser) Burrium? Have I got that right?

Being that this challenge has no due date... I think it might be time to build Denitor in its fullness! It will take time, but challenge accepted!

Oh wow, a challenge for us big builders :)

Hemresa Will most certainly participate.

I will be trying to make the whole village in a single MOC.

Edited by narbilu

Can we have multiple buildings for multiple categories within one large diorama? And also, should our settlement be the settlement of our respective characters? (As in, my character is Godfred of Ethyrion, so should I build my settlement as Ethyrion?)

Thanks in advance