Does anyone know what the official US release for the Fire vs. Ice wave? I haven't seen them popping up yet, and the LEGO shop doesn't have them up yet with a "to be released on X, XX, 2014" yet..

According to what we saw at New York Toy Fair, they'll be released in August. Makes sense that we'd be getting them later since the previous wave was delayed until March over here.

That's a shame, but it makes sense. I guess TRU will have them late July. No ultrabuilds, though, apparently, :angry:

30264-1.jpgNew image of Phoenix polybag. The minifig is exclusive and looks great :thumbup:

Nice, where did you find that? It looks to me like a high-res promotional image normally produced for polys that are used as promos, so could it be an upcoming S@H promo even? If so... :wub:

I NEED that. If it is a S@H promo, I'll get the Phoenix temple. But what about Sykor? Is he a TRU standard poly? Interesting to see that Frax has no head decoration, while the three other phoenixes had some sort of print on their "foreheads".

Edited by 8BrickMario

Nice, where did you find that? It looks to me like a high-res promotional image normally produced for polys that are used as promos, so could it be an upcoming S@H promo even? If so... :wub:

I found the image browsing brickset.

I found the image browsing brickset.

Yes, I kinda answered my own question about 2 minutes after posting it, since I then found the image on Brickset :blush: I'm guessing it must have been uploaded to LEGO's cache then picked up by Brickset that way, the same way they found the instructions. Again, good indication of it being included in an upcoming S@H promotion, maybe in July or August? :thumbup:

Now for me to try to seek out the Sykor poly...

That is a fantastic looking polybag. The orange head and legs work magnificently.

I have a rather odd question that is unrelated to the 2014 Chima, but does relate to a set released last year. In his review of 70111 Swamp Jump, JangBricks said that as an adult, he finds the Furty figure unsettling for reasons that will go over the heads of kids. Um... okay, I'm only twenty, but I do have a pretty nice amount of general cultural knowledge, and I have no idea to what he is referring. Anyone have any ideas? Is there some disturbing anthropomorphic fox movie/book that I have missed?

Warning: The following may be considered disturbing, albeit true.

Great, someone opened that can of worms. Let's just say that anthropomorphic animals are a concept that rule 34 is often applied to.

But then, isn't that the entire premise of the Chima line? All of the figures are like that, so why would he point it out on furty the fox but on none of the other figures?

I don't get the problem.. Rule 34 hits everything. Chima rule 34 I'm pretty sure already exists (though furries hate Chima, I've heard). I can get Jang's concern if the figures were sexualized, but that doesn't seem to be the case (the "worst" I can think of is the female figures having breasts, but that just helps kids distinguish their gender/sex, really).

Bionicle rule 34 exists too, but I don't feel like going into detail. :look:

I'd just think it's because Furty is a common mammal, and his face is a little creepy, too. The name is also one letter off if you don't call him Furtivo. That community does come to mind, but can we stop here and think about Chima as the creative LEGO theme it is?

Edited by 8BrickMario

Frax modified Ewar's Acro Fighter?! They are so similar I can't believe it, and I like Frax, he reminds me of Ewar. (Long lost brother?)

Also, Agent Fusion, the site mentions that this board may have adult material, it's right in the ruleboard, unless there's been some changes since I joined.

Quick question, because searches are failing me at the moment:

Isn´t Chima supposed to end this year? Because I remember Brickset or some site reporting on the summer wave being the last wave and it made kinda sense since the whole Phoenix/Mammoth stuff seems so sudden, the technic figs were cancelled and didn´t even show up on Toy Fair NY and they apparently cancelled a big Spider/Scorpion tribe set since there is a new Spider-leg like looking mould that is only used in transblue.

But now I am seeing the technic figs available everywhere and the Lego Club magazine is running a contest that would give the winner a Legends of Chima magazine subscription until August 2015, so was this changed or did I imagine all this happening?

I heard that it'll continue next year. And after Fire vs. Ice is resolved, who knows what the plot will be? As long as it doesn't resort to evil robot counterparts (I'm looking at you, Ninjago), it should be fine.

Nope, I thought a similar way in that it will end the first quarter of January of its third year (a la Exoforce and how Ninjago was gonna end), but a designer assured me that it will still be big next year, and they already have stuff planned for then. This was somewhere in this topic.

So we get Frax with an alternate head, I think I've seen this somewhere *I'm looking at you Ewar and Equila* :hmpf_bad:

So we get Frax with an alternate head, I think I've seen this somewhere *I'm looking at you Ewar and Equila* :hmpf_bad:

Not only that, they're also recycling names from past LEGO themes. Firox was also the exact same name of the orange Rock Monster in Power Miners as well. Very imaginative indeed :sarcasm_hmpf:. Not that that's the first case of this happening, of course.

That aside, I'll pick this one up I think. Thanks for the info J2G! :sweet:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Well, unoriginal name aside, the Phoenixes' Equila (or is he more of their Eglor?) looks good. Of course I'll get the book, but Firox is icing on the cake.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Loving Firox! I'm liking the Phoenixes more and more, to the point I'm thinking of collecting them all. I'm a bit late with the Eagles though (only Eris and Eglor for now)...I just have a weak spot for birds, what can I do. :laugh:

Edited by Shakar