Sign in to follow this  
JaseTJ

[SoNE Ep. I] Clouded Mind

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

[static] "My squad and I are pinned down while our techie finishes hacking the AA gun. Requesting backup ASAP!" [static]

9496241657_0f9df93a73_c.jpg

"I've been a bit distracted all day, Sarge's gotten on me a few times now."

(I'm hoping this can count as my 'edited' picture? If I need to change it just let me know.)

The squad provides cover fire as the tech gains control of the anti-aircraft gun to shoot down any Rebel ships trying to escape.

9499043820_22bfaa3f65_c.jpg

The squad from behind.

9499046088_b37b02c88c_c.jpg

"Clouded Mind" and "Get your head out of the clouds!", to a Stormie on Bespin. :laugh:

I like the guns and the assorted stuff stacked up on the platforms. The platforms themselves, though, are a little simple, and they're hard to distinguish from what I assume are clouds. I'd definitely do something more detailed/greebled, grey if possible, and maybe a little more angular for the platforms. And the blue baseplate is a little distracting, as Bespin is all orange.

The edited photo is fine, by the way. :classic:

Hah. I was originally going to make the platforms grey, but switched when I realized I had those pieces, 'cause I was picturing Cloud City as more white. Maybe I've just got Kamino stuck in my head. Thanks for the tips, and while I don't have an orange baseplate, I'll probably ditch the blue one now :P

Well, there's lots of white on the inside, as we see in Empire, but outside it's mostly greys. (And I've seen tans used well there, too.)

Also, I really wasn't sure how to make the clouds, I just knew I wanted them... Any tips for how to make them look better would be welcome.

Clouds usually fall under two techniques: the use of lots of round, bulbous, domed parts connected together in various ways, or a cartoonish sculpt, flat or more three-dimensional, using plates and/or rounded plates. The sculpture approach you took isn't bad; you just need to use smaller bits so they look more fluffy or wispy (depending on the look you're going for) instead of blocky.

The gun is excellent, also the debris has good function. I must agree with the other comments on the platform.

Maybe try to make it a different color than the clouds and some extra detailing to make it complete.

(but who am I, still making my first official SW MOC)

It's about time that some reinforcements to touch down buddy, I like the AA gun but the platforms could be different, try grey and something that softens the shape of the borders.

I really like the gun design, it sure feels like some heavy machinery! The platforms are a bit simple though and making them gray if you have more bricks would still be OK. There should be alot of greeble underneath and on the sides of platforms. Good to see some more Imperial forces storming Cloud City!

Guys. I got the 'grey platform' thing already, I'll do it when I get back home, k? :P

Nice turret. But you won't get me :wink: I admire the use of that headphone. Never thought this piece could be useful for something like this.