Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

a sunny day.

well, that's the whole point! Sunny days in the Devil's Rigde? - Man, new idea for the MCB!

well, that's the whole point! Sunny days in the Devil's Rigde? - Man, new idea for the MCB!

You aren't telling me the sun never shines in Mitgardia now are you? I'd hate to have to start calling you guys Noctardians....

You aren't telling me the sun never shines in Mitgardia now are you? I'd hate to have to start calling you guys Noctardians....

So when was the last time you attended a Geography class at the UoP? Ever heard of Orographic rain?

orographic_rainfall.jpg

So when was the last time you attended a Geography class at the UoP? Ever heard of Orographic rain?

I never went to UoP... I've heard of Orographic rain somewhere in my travels. But I sure never heard of it lasting every single day of the year. I guess soon enough all the valleys will be flooded and all that will remain of Mitgardia will be ice capped islands...

The point is, it rains south of the devil's rigde. It's nice and sunny on the other side, That's why there is agriculture around Valholl in an otherwise cold country!

As for it raining everyday, ever spent a full winter in Seattle? I have! :laugh:

The point is, it rains south of the devil's rigde. It's nice and sunny on the other side, That's why there is agriculture around Valholl in an otherwise cold country!

As for it raining everyday, ever spent a full winter in Seattle? I have! :laugh:

Why would you assume we would come by land across Devil's ridge? More ships are a coming I've heard.

Fight between mitgardia and kaliphlin!!? Go by boat so the armies don't march over our flowers!!

I've got a freebuild coming soon. Here is a really quick WIP shot to get your saliva going:

12389436443_15d0989fed.jpg

Fight between mitgardia and kaliphlin!!?

Nah, just the usual trash talk that has sadly been missing for most of book II!

@Masa: Ships? Bring them on, Thorshaven is waiting for them ready to give them a warm and hearty welcome!!

So far Mitgardia has the largest fleet, and nobody is about to change that any time soon!

@MK: that looks really promising!

Aaaah, while I was prep-ing my post a lot of threats where thrown out. Maybe now isn't such a good time to be a Mitgardian in Kaliphlin... :cry_sad: Can anyone point me towards the Mitgardain embassy?

Edited by MKJoshA

Posted by kabel: ähm sorry, accidentally hit the edit instead of the quote button :blush:

What Masa said was:

that this was an if war, so no flowers would be spoiled

that he doubted Mitgardia had the largest fleet

that he offered MK the Kaliphlin citizenship

@Masa: feel free to restore your old post, sorry fo this!

@MKJosha: Looks very Kaliphlin :thumbup: And I spot NiceMarmot's sig :classic:

Yep! There are actually quiet a few Eurobrick characters represented in the build :wink:

The embassy is right here:

<snip>

And complete with Mitgardian Navy vessel!

You can always change your citizenship to Kaliphlin... :sweet:

I could never leave the wonderful North. You can always put on more clothes to get warmer, but there are only so many you can take off to get cooler in the blazing sun of the South!

@Masa: since I made most of our fleet myself I'll just go ahead and say, yes pretty sure!

Posted by kabel: ähm sorry, accidentally hit the edit instead of the quote button :blush:

What Masa said was:

that he doubted Mitgardia had the largest fleet

You didn't forget about Gabe, Sebeus, Damaximus, and wasn't there one or two others in Kaliphlin now did you?

I just picked up a really cheap set of boat pieces off ebay yesterday. I may have to add at least 1 ship of my own to this fleet. Don't want Kaliphlins or Nocturnians to get any ideas. (Nocturnus is currently talking about a community build involving boats)

Masa is right, we would come by sea since Kaliphlin has the largest fleet(s). Also, we trade enough in Mitgardia to know to where a coat when our Helitropes aren't available.

Sebeus 1, DM 2, Gabe 2 = 5 ships for Kaliphlin

kabel 3, Ecclesiastes 1, Fat Tony 1, Tomcat Rio 1 = 6 ships for Mitgardia

kabel: another one almost done

@MK: go for it, lots of Info in my ship index in case you were wondering how to aproach this

Got pictures incoming as of tomorrow, gonna change my story tonight to fit new ideas (that's always a problem)

I'm gonna take the time now to ask if I can lay claim to the Orcish Marches, which I've long thought to me the Orcish Marshes and have since built several MoC's in the style. :look:

I know swamps and such are more a Nocturnus thing, but could our own magnificent lands also incoportate some wetlands? According to the map it's geographically sound but just asking in case there's any official rulings behind such things

Just go ahed, there are plenty of the old green orcs here in Mitgardia and surely there are swamps too, think of stuff like this:

022-feucht-boreal-Lappland.png

Sebeus 1, DM 2, Gabe 2 = 5 ships for Kaliphlin

kabel 3, Ecclesiastes 1, Fat Tony 1, Tomcat Rio 1 = 6 ships for Mitgardia

kabel: another one almost done

Well then, looks like I need to start cracking the whips on my shipbuilders. I have had 4 in dry-dock for the last two and a half years but wasn't in any hurry to finish them.

Got pictures incoming as of tomorrow, gonna change my story tonight to fit new ideas (that's always a problem)

I'm gonna take the time now to ask if I can lay claim to the Orcish Marches, which I've long thought to me the Orcish Marshes and have since built several MoC's in the style. :look:

I know swamps and such are more a Nocturnus thing, but could our own magnificent lands also incoportate some wetlands? According to the map it's geographically sound but just asking in case there's any official rulings behind such things

There's lots of diversity in the North and marshes certainly fit. As kabel said, go for it! It'll be nice to see your variety!