Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Wow! So many great builds guys! I've been working on a challenge entry, but I'll make some freebuilds soon, just to keep up! :grin:

Wouldnt be better if you know you built it your way??

( i would answer you but i havent built similar thing)

I try avoid watching other's moc close up because i know i would get influenced and i dont want it.. try build it your way. You will feel better when you realise you found the way to do it.

And improve your style at the later mocs you make. My 2 cents

Yeah, I would make it with my own design, but I don't have a lot of small plates in brown, so that will be hard. But thanks anyway!

Yeah, I would make it with my own design, but I don't have a lot of small plates in brown, so that will be hard. But thanks anyway!

A limited amount of parts often leads to the most creativity. Try to find a way around your lack of parts. You might be surprised with how creative you can get!

I think I have found a nice way, just need to order the plates in the same color! I have build a prototype with all kinds of colors, and I am pretty happy with the result.

why not now? :wink: givf

Because I had to choose which pictures to use, edit them if necessary, then make a webpage for the build on my website.

It's up now though:

11588649224_0474db101d_b.jpg

I have to say I am loving all of these recent builds! I can't wait to leave my parent's house and return home so I can get back to my bricks.

I have to say I am loving all of these recent builds! I can't wait to leave my parent's house and return home so I can get back to my bricks.

As am I! I've been at my Grandparents' house, but I'll be back soon! :sweet:

Here's my entry for Category A of Challenge I:

A Clever Trap

11743211516_a81579c065_z.jpg

Keep all the free builds coming guys, and make sure to pay attention to any suggestions you receive :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6

I am currently working on a round tower, for which I asked tips a while ago. I ordered a lot of stones for it and I received them yesterday. I couldn't order the Mitgardian colored flags, so they will stay absent in my builds for a while longer. Hope to upload pics from it (and a couple of AoM entries) this weekend.

Edit: I didn't order any more white bricks for snow, or brown pieces for wood. Didn't have money for that, so that will have to wait till I got more money. This order most bricks are light and dark bley, with a few plant pieces in normal green.

Edited by jeroenaa

sounds cool! I'm about to finish my category B build! Unfortunately I don't have the bricks to do a cat. C build. However, GoH's dark side isn't my thing anyway ...

I am currently working on a round tower, for which I asked tips a while ago. I ordered a lot of stones for it and I received them yesterday. I couldn't order the Mitgardian colored flags, so they will stay absent in my builds for a while longer. Hope to upload pics from it (and a couple of AoM entries) this weekend.

Edit: I didn't order any more white bricks for snow, or brown pieces for wood. Didn't have money for that, so that will have to wait till I got more money. This order most bricks are light and dark bley, with a few plant pieces in normal green.

Hopefully you got some good building tips on curved towers. I'm going to be working on one of my own within the next month or so. Someone shared this link with me awhile ago and it was very helpful, hopefully it'll help you too. Advance Building

As for your color palete, don't worry too much about not having white. Just set your buildings in the southern part of Mitgardia where there isn't always snow. And there are a lot of stone castles that don't need any brown pieces. Just build with what you have. It's amazing what you can create with a limited amount of parts. If you are limited, just know that your builds might not be as big as some people's MOCs, but that's ok. Small builds have the ability to look amazing if you do it right.

I agree about the limited parts- there's a skill in using parts in innovative ways when you don't have the exact part you need. I'm also a big fan of small builds- I find it hard to pick out details in larger builds, as they tend to get lost, whereas with smaller ones I can pick out the details and admire it, without trying to work out where to look next. Not that big builds are a bad thing, but they're something I prefer to see in real life.

Thank you for the kind words and the link! Both are very useful! It is not a big tower, 12 studs diameter, but it is about 23 bricks high. I just have troubles with making the place the soldiers stand on. I can't really connect it, but I will figure something out. As for the surroundings, I don't know if I should just keep it small (12x16) or a bit bigger for more plants and room for more figs. It is just a freebuild, as I already uploaded an entry for challenge B, silly me. This one might be good for challenge C, but I need something more then just a tower with a few figs. Any suggestions? Or do I just keep it a freebuild?

I agree about the limited parts- there's a skill in using parts in innovative ways when you don't have the exact part you need. I'm also a big fan of small builds- I find it hard to pick out details in larger builds, as they tend to get lost, whereas with smaller ones I can pick out the details and admire it, without trying to work out where to look next. Not that big builds are a bad thing, but they're something I prefer to see in real life.

Very true! My larger builds never look as good on film as they do in person.

Thank you for the kind words and the link! Both are very useful! It is not a big tower, 12 studs diameter, but it is about 23 bricks high. I just have troubles with making the place the soldiers stand on. I can't really connect it, but I will figure something out. As for the surroundings, I don't know if I should just keep it small (12x16) or a bit bigger for more plants and room for more figs. It is just a freebuild, as I already uploaded an entry for challenge B, silly me. This one might be good for challenge C, but I need something more then just a tower with a few figs. Any suggestions? Or do I just keep it a freebuild?

I think if you can come up with a good back-story then diffinitely go for Challenge C! I think, since you are working with a smaller collection, that it shouldn't be much larger than 12x16 if that's what you already have planned. One thing I think that would help improve your builds (besides work on your photography :sweet: ) would be to add a base. It doesn't have to be super fancy. Just takes a few extra plates and some creativity with your bricks. Slopes work nicely for bases but you can use other bricks as well. Take a look at some of the entries for the Challenge and see what others have done for their bases to get an idea. As for the place for the minifigs to stand, if you can get a central tower from the bottom up you can build a place for them to stand. It doesn't have to be flush with your round wall. You just have to be careful about the angles of your pictures so that the gaps don't show. Hope that helps!