Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

A creator set that isn't a house or a modular building? I wonder if they ran out of ideas for houses. A creator shop series would fill the gap in city's lack of shops (because city shops have gaps in them...)

A creator set that isn't a house or a modular building? I wonder if they ran out of ideas for houses. A creator shop series would fill the gap in city's lack of shops (because city shops have gaps in them...)

Even though they have "house" in the name, I'd say the Treehouse and Lighthouse are like this new set as they're a switch up from the normal houses.

Edited by just2good

From all this joking around about Arctic Police, I've now got an image in my mind of a huge blue and white ship, armed with Flick Fires and Spring Fires, blood thirsty killer penguins, and an army of hooded axe wielding Cops with that freaky over used head with the silver shades and grin.

And after Arctic Police proves to be a huge hit for TLC, they'll revisit the old Divers theme, but rebrand it as "Undersea Police." And then the following year ... Time Twisters Police! [shudder]

The Lego City Police Department is clearly the best-funded, best-equipped police department the world has ever seen, with enormous budgets for hardware and personnel. It only makes sense that they expand their jurisdiction beyond the city limits.

The Lego City Police Department is clearly the best-funded, best-equipped police department the world has ever seen, with enormous budgets for hardware and personnel.

They are also clearly not doing a very good job. Lego City has a major crime problem and it seems to me that the primary issue is prisoner retention. Every half witted crook seems capable of escaping from these bungling Barney Fifes.

I'm disapointed no one got my joke :cry_sad:

More ontopic, I hope one of the missing product numbers is one of the big sets that aren't action based (parking garage, town square, city corner, etc).

The Lego City Police Department is clearly the best-funded, best-equipped police department the world has ever seen, with enormous budgets for hardware and personnel. It only makes sense that they expand their jurisdiction beyond the city limits.

They are also clearly not doing a very good job. Lego City has a major crime problem and it seems to me that the primary issue is prisoner retention. Every half witted crook seems capable of escaping from these bungling Barney Fifes.

It's all because of the lack of job opportunities... Basically the biggest employers are the police and fire departments... No wonder so many citizens turn to a life of crime!

On topic, I'm excited about the Arctic sets, not so much about the others.

Why stop there. Lego should just release a new police station every year. Why not, according to Lego's logic kids are too dumb to tell the difference anyway.

Why stop there. Lego should just release a new police station every year. Why not, according to Lego's logic kids are too dumb to tell the difference anyway.

They already do...

That Creator set is really nice, Its not an Expert set, just a regular set. Looks like a small modular building. Detailed but fewer parts to match City i guess.

Dear TLC,

PLEASE do not make an Arctic sub theme without including a proper DOGSLED TEAM in one of these sets. PLEASE.

Keep calm, there is dogsled teams.

Edited by mssm

That Creator set is really nice, Its not an Expert set, just a regular set. Looks like a small modular building. Detailed but fewer parts to match city i guess.

Where do you find a picture of it?

That Creator set is really nice, Its not an Expert set, just a regular set. Looks like a small modular building. Detailed but fewer parts to match city i guess.

Where do you find a picture of it?

Confidential. Three small modulars.

Confidential. Three small modulars.

So it will three different versions of the bike shop and cafe to build ? :look:

I wonder if there are any images on Goggle Images.....? :devil:

I like the new police hats, also the ball and chain for the criminal will probably be seen in many themes to come!

And after Arctic Police proves to be a huge hit for TLC, they'll revisit the old Divers theme, but rebrand it as "Undersea Police." And then the following year ... Time Twisters Police! [shudder]

definitely, they are in the air, forest, city and sea. Its only a matter of time before they go to the frozen hills!

3 small modulars? NICE!

Super Secret Modulars… Oouuuu! Can't wait!

So it will three different versions of the bike shop and cafe to build ? :look:

I wonder if there are any images on Goggle Images.....? :devil:

Correct. Creator set. 3-in-1.

No. No pics.

Ah, let's see what we all make of this.......

The LEGO® Creator Bike Shop & Café is packed with exciting, imaginative details and can rebuild into an auto repair shop or a flower shop. - See more at: http://shop.kiddiwinks.co.za/Release/jun14/31026#sthash.RZFjDuLN.dpuf

So a bike shop can become a florist or car repair shop.......yeah, they go together like cement and jam ! :laugh:

Oh, well that might mean that we'll be buy a few of these eh ?

Has a creator designer heard our cries for shops in city.....instead of a city designer. :wink:

Ah, let's see what we all make of this.......

The LEGO® Creator Bike Shop & Café is packed with exciting, imaginative details and can rebuild into an auto repair shop or a flower shop. - See more at: http://shop.kiddiwinks.co.za/Release/jun14/31026#sthash.RZFjDuLN.dpuf

So a bike shop can become a florist or car repair shop.......yeah, they go together like cement and jam ! :laugh:

Oh, well that might mean that we'll be buy a few of these eh ?

Has a creator designer heard our cries for shops in city.....instead of a city designer. :wink:

Nice find LT! :sweet:

I like that, because if they're all unique builds, I think buying three is worth it. The more I hear about this set, the better it sounds! :classic:

I also found this to do with the train station.....includes a taxi, kiosk and shop.....

Enter the LEGO® City Train Station with a clock, ATM, train map, LEGO® City shop, kiosk and rail tracks plus a bicycle and yellow taxi. - See more at: http://shop.kiddiwinks.co.za/Release/jun14/60050#sthash.wMDe14ZT.dpuf

From that description it say that train will be streamlined(Nose piece a high speed train is now confirmed) and goods train will have animals on board.

And that creator shop will have car .

Curious to see the Arctic color scheme-- according to the site "lightningtiger" awesomely discovered, the Arctic Ice Breaker ship is a bright orange for high-visibility.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

From that description it say that train will be streamlined(Nose piece a high speed train is now confirmed) and goods train will have animals on board.

And that creator shop will have car .

I wonder if we'll get new animal molds?!