Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I wonder why they bother blind bagging when everyone feels them out first? :tongue:

Kid$. :tongue::wink:

Yep, think so, too. But if I am only allowed to buy 16, it would be pretty evil, if they wouldn't let me feel the bags first.

Kids (even more parents of those) mostly just grab em and buy them. Those who attended while I was feeling, did it after me...and we shared if someone needed a figure that some other guy already felt out for themselves.

Neat family there.

I'll have to check out the Target down in Waterford, CT on Wednesday after my physical therapy session. (Recovering from a very painful shoulder surgery back in March). Hopefully they'll be available there so I can spend some time feeling them out to get my complete set. Don't want to have to go the e-bay route to get the full set of these.

I spot a beer! It is CLEARLY meant to be beer in Homers cup. 2 yellow bricks and a white one on top. Ha!!

Edited by KCMatze

I'm amazed we still haven't gotten a look at the episode version of Maggie yet.

You are right, I did not even think of that before :blush:

Maybe she isn't part of the LEGO episode...but if she is, I suppose they just use the body part we got in the Simpsons minifig series.

Interesting. One would assume that would be beer in his cup. Odd that you can't place those 1x1 rounds in those cups like that. I guess this will add fuel to the fire for Moe.

I think the molded heads was the way to go, but this would have been easier to just print and make some new molds to attach to the top of the head similar to Darth Maul zabrak horns.

Interesting. One would assume that would be beer in his cup. Odd that you can't place those 1x1 rounds in those cups like that. I guess this will add fuel to the fire for Moe.

It's a shame not everything is LEGO-accurate, but I guess that was to be expected. Irrespective of whether a LEGO version of Moe's passes TLG's standards, the episode of The Simpsons does not have to follow these standards. So, I don't think that beer being featured in the episode makes Moe's any more or less likely.

I'm scared that lisa's skirt still has her legs in while they're being hung on the clothes line....

Anyway i'm really looking forward to this, It will make a nice change. Will it be Sky1 hosting the episode in the UK? As to the moe argument, The episode and LEGO rights are held by completely different people, As lego are just guests to the episode i doubt they would put up a fight to stop something as petty as a glass of beer showing up in the episode. It is mutually beneficial advertisement anyway.

Unfortunately, the episode will not be airing in the UK this week according to Sky 1. We are still at the beginning of Season 25, so it will be a few months before we get it.

Dang, Oh well i know a site i can watch them the monday after, I guess it will be that then, It does annoy me we are always number 2 :sadnew: , But hey what can you do.

Dang, Oh well i know a site i can watch them the monday after, I guess it will be that then, It does annoy me we are always number 2 :sadnew: , But hey what can you do.

I know a site where you can watch them within a few hours after.

Is it easy or hard to feel out what figure is in the bag?

Does anyone know if they will be available at Bart Smit / Intertoys in Holland?

Is it easy or hard to feel out what figure is in the bag?

Does anyone know if they will be available at Bart Smit / Intertoys in Holland?

That is likely to happen, yes. But I suggest if you want to buy the whole series without a duplicates; you should look on the secundary market. There are already some posts that sell them in mint condition for a reasonable price:

http://www.2dehands.be/kinderen-babys/speelgoed/lego/lego-serie-13-minifiguren-186187174.html

I like how the 'Sponsored By The LEGO Group' blurb appears right over when Homer is shaking his butt. Oh, the irony.

a 2 minute trailer+ other promos is way too much for a show that is only 20 minutes. just about every scene seems to have been shown bits of.

its a real shame thers so much misshapen lego in the episode. such a lack of authenticity.

its a real shame thers so much misshapen lego in the episode. such a lack of authenticity.

Honestly that's a problem with all Lego videos anymore. Lego Star Wars episodes use rounded out torso pieces quite a bit. Star Wars and Ninjago doesn't use brick built environments nor did Lego Batman. And all of the minifigures move unnaturally, even in the Lego movie the characters were able to move more than a standard minifigure. So at this point I'm not overly bothered by accuracy and authenticity as none have achieved that in CGI form as of yet. For me it's a work in progress, there are improvements over some of the stuff we've seen, and a few steps back too. Overall I'm willing to overlook quite a bit of the inaccuracy, I mean they had limited time and money, so mistakes were bound to slip through. I will say on the positive side they went with brick built environments, that alone makes me overlook the other problems more easily.

It's too bad they couldn't do stop motion animation for this, but I'm sure the cost of the bricks and the time animating would have been too much.