Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

The Simpsons is nowhere near the oldest show Doctor Who has been on air for the better part of 50 years, and Coronation Street for the whole 50.

It is, however, the oldest cartoon.

USA TV show not British TV show. In 2009 The Simpsons became the longest running American sitcom, animated TV show and Prime time scripted television show.

If the currently planned simpsons lego products sells well, lego is prepared to release more sets and or another series of cmf's

Well, I'm not confident in that since it could also result in "there would be nothing more if these don't sell". Yes, Lego isn't a charity organization, so I can't disagree either.

I'm more inclined to see multiple regular sets come with a CMF series in order to make a complete selection of a license, which is what many discontinued themes really need. Simpsons' house is definitely the most important building in this franchise, but I'm not sure if one is enough or not.

Edited by Dorayaki

Well, I'm not confident in that since it could also result in "there would be nothing more if these don't sell". Yes, Lego isn't a charity organization, so I can't disagree either.

I'm more inclined to see multiple regular sets come with a CMF series in order to make a complete selection of a license, which is what many discontinued themes really need. Simpsons' house is definitely the most important building in this franchise, but I'm not sure if one is enough or not.

To me 16minifigs and 1 good set is enough for simpsons.

Well I hope that if there are any more sets released (be it Moe's bar or the Kwik-E-Mart) they won't be as big as the Simpsons house, otherwise I'll be ruined. A good practice would be to release smaller sets along the family house.

Is there any fixed date when LEGO will announce which characters will make it to the Simpsons Minifigures Series? If the whole Simpsons family goes in, that leaves room for 11 characters (and some of the Flanders' may make it as well).

Didn't we get a list of rumored sets for this theme quite a while back? I still feel like what was mentioned on that list is still a possibility in the summer. Personally I think we'll get a small line of sets. Honestly just the house and CMF makes no sense to me.

As far as future sets go, top of my list is Bart's Treehouse to go in the backyard, then at least the house will feel complete. While the whole of Springfield would be incredible, I'd be content with the treehouse and possibly one or two smaller sets to round it off. Stampy, anyone?

As far as future sets go, top of my list is Bart's Treehouse to go in the backyard, then at least the house will feel complete. While the whole of Springfield would be incredible, I'd be content with the treehouse and possibly one or two smaller sets to round it off. Stampy, anyone?

Yes A Bart treehouse ft Milhouse and Bart… Great idea..

i want to simpons minifigures more like this

Well I'm pretty sure we will get normal eyed versions with regular outfits in the CMF series. It wouldn't really be a Simpsons CMF series without the main 5, in regular outfits. The only reason for different outfits/expressions in the house is to give people exclusive outfits for spending such a large amount.

Well I'm pretty sure we will get normal eyed versions with regular outfits in the CMF series. It wouldn't really be a Simpsons CMF series without the main 5, in regular outfits. The only reason for different outfits/expressions in the house is to give people exclusive outfits for spending such a large amount.

Yes! I cant understand why most people seem to not understand this.

It'd be nice to get Marge in police uniform if the get the treehouse. A l'a "Springfield Connection"

Lets all hope for a.......

mono.jpg

That might keep the train folks help to get one after all these years ! :laugh:

I look forward to Mo's and the Kwik-E-Mart ! :grin:

Tha's probably the best candidate for another big Simpsons set (If there'll ever be one :hmpf_bad: )

It'd be nice to get Marge in police uniform if the get the treehouse. A l'a "Springfield Connection"

Tha's probably the best candidate for another big Simpsons set (If there'll ever be one :hmpf_bad: )

I'd imagine the House set will sell extremely well, but making another set is tricky. If anything, it would be a D2C set. If LEGO is willing to make new moulds for D2C sets, the possibilities are endless. If they won't, we can still have sets like Bart's Treehouse (maybe a $35 D2C like the Minecraft Microworlds. It depends if Milhouse comes in the CMF series) and the Kwik-E-Mart (we're getting Apu in the CMF series). I wonder if the Monorail would require new moulds...

I'm sorry to go slightly off topic (though am I really?) but regarding the whole "more sets" discussion, but when the press release was made, or was it the designer video, someone said "probably more sets" can't remember who or where, but it was said. Doesn't that pretty much confirm this is a "Test run"? I hope these sets sell well, I've been watching more and more Simpsons to prepare myself for this set (good marketing strategy, if that's even what they were aiming for) and I have to say that the house does look a bit out of place, but it still seems to be able to pull off a very nice classic look to it.

I'm sorry to go slightly off topic (though am I really?) but regarding the whole "more sets" discussion, but when the press release was made, or was it the designer video, someone said "probably more sets" can't remember who or where, but it was said. Doesn't that pretty much confirm this is a "Test run"? I hope these sets sell well, I've been watching more and more Simpsons to prepare myself for this set (good marketing strategy, if that's even what they were aiming for) and I have to say that the house does look a bit out of place, but it still seems to be able to pull off a very nice classic look to it.

Yes, I think one of the the earlier reports of the Simpsons line said that this was not supposed to be a full-on wave of sets yet because they want to test the theme. If they sell well I bet there will be more sets. But I don't see this set selling as well as other D2C sets for some reason... although I definitely think it will be a good investment. I hope I'm wrong and I hope this set sells though.

Edited by DarthPotato

Yes, I think one of the the earlier reports of the Simpsons line said that this was not supposed to be a full-on wave of sets yet because they want to test the theme. If they sell well I bet there will be more sets. But I don't see this set selling as well as other D2C sets for some reason... although I definitely think it will be a good investment. I hope I'm wrong and I hope this set sells though.

I'm not so sure about it not selling as well as other D2C's - possibly not as well within the Lego community, but I think the wider community may be a bigger consumer of this set than we're anticipating. I've never seen a set reveal spread so far so quick among non-FOLs, with many commenting that they need to get this set.

I'd LOVE to get a second or even third series of CMF Simpsons! There are soooo many characters, and even variations, that there's not enough sets that would be viable to get enough characters. To me, it's important to get as many Springfield Denizens as possible, but who wouldn't love to see variants like the Treehouse of Horror versions?

How about:

Police chase: Chief Wiggum, Ralph Wiggum and Lou chasing Snake (Police car and Snake's car), plus Eddie in a CMF

Otto's School Bus: Otto, Nelson, Principal Skinner & Mrs Krapabble

Bart's Treehouse: Bart variant, Milhouse, Martin Prince, Santa's Little Helper!

Kwik-E-Mart: Apu, Moleman, Homer variant, Groundskeeper Willie

Nuclear Power Plant: Radiation suit Homer, Mr Burns, Smithers

Krusty Burger: Krusty, Pimple Faced Teen, Jasper, Mr Teeny

Lisa's Birthday Party: Lisa, Snowball II, Sherry/Terry

Android's Dungeon: Comic Book Guy with a large "fat" torso! Maybe Homer & Bart as Radioactive Man & Fallout Boy?

Treehouse of Horror Set #1: Alien Space Ship with Kang & Kodos and Bart as The Fly

2nd D2C Lego set: Town Square: Town Hall with Mayor Quimby, Jebidiah Springfield statue, and any yet unmade minifigures like Agnes Skinner and Fat Tony and his crew..

I'm not holding my breath for Moe's Tavern, since Lego likely won't make a bar, but Moe should be in the first CMF. And Grampa Simpson needs to also be in a CMF.

^ I really like those ideas, I think the Town Hall set could work out well, Diagon Alley style.

I'd LOVE to get a second or even third series of CMF Simpsons! There are soooo many characters, and even variations, that there's not enough sets that would be viable to get enough characters.

Well..... even it's not characters, we often think many other licenses have potential to release more than 20 regular sets, but as result they discontinued :tongue: . Licensed CMF series is a good way to compensate for regular sets who can't provide enough characters (though in Simpsons' case so far, we don't know if there are going to be other sets and it's getting weird). However, a second series for the same license sounds weird because there are no other CMF series based on another license yet (not to say some people have decided to skip CMF Simpsons).

Edited by Dorayaki

Well..... even it's not characters, we often think many other licenses have potential to release more than 20 regular sets, but as result they discontinued :tongue: . Licensed CMF series is a good way to compensate for regular sets who can't provide enough characters (though in Simpsons' case so far, we don't know if there are going to be other sets and it's getting weird). However, a second series for the same license sounds weird because there are no other CMF series based on another license yet (not to say some people have decided to skip CMF Simpsons).

Plenty decide to skip Chima, Ninjago, Star Wars, Friends, etc, etc. Lego doesn't rely solely on board members to buy every product they release. Also, a year ago many would think Lego would never devote a CMF line to just one property, yet here we are. Besides, I see far more positive reaction to the house set than negative.

It's only because Lego themselves have hinted at further sets if the line sells well that I'm optimistic. Board members are only a small fraction of the buying public, and not everyone who would buy this is aware of it's existence.